Page 150 of 189 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Just won a gen 5 g26 on gunbroker for 406 dollars. Someone bid with 30 seconds left or it would of been 350
    Dang, that is theft.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Nice! Early or late version?
    Late I believe. Has the front cocking serrations

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So where is the emoji for when you need to eat crow. Yes, the 26 shoots better than a 43/42X/48.

Over the summer, I got a Gen 4 26 direct milled by Maple Leaf. Today was the first time I could put it on the clock, and I was about ten percent faster than my Staccato P.

This is with 115 Lawman, which is quite snappy ammo. A comp on this would be unfair.

I never thought I’d see the day!

To be fair, I don’t think you argued against that - it was more of a comfortable to carry thing and where you draw the line at performance vs. comfort.

Is it enough to make the G26 your dedicated carry gun or still prefer the slimline?

I am fond of the 365 family, the Glock 19 family, and now the 26 with an optic.

For my use, I believe the 19 with a comp is more capable than the 26 or 365. The 26 vs 365 is something reasonable people can disagree about. I am having trouble finding use for the 43/43X/48, given a 26 or 365.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am having trouble finding use for the 43/43X/48, given a 26 or 365.
    I'm in the same boat. After getting and shooting my 26, I've placed my 43X in storage.

Have you found a G26 with optic a little easier to conceal AIWB vs a G19 with an optic? Is the shorter grip enough to offset the increased height that an optic creates?

I shot some doubles with the 26 and a 19 today. The 26 is definitely harder for me to split with than the 19. To shoot faster splits, I need to relax my strong hand, but the smaller grip of the 26 makes that harder because there is less of the grip to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    I'm in the same boat. After getting and shooting my 26, I've placed my 43X in storage.

Have you found a G26 with optic a little easier to conceal AIWB vs a G19 with an optic? Is the shorter grip enough to offset the increased height that an optic creates?
    Using a flat base pad ten round mag, the dotted 26 is easier to conceal than the dotted 19 in lighter/tighter clothing. I also find a ten round flat base pad mag is easier to carry in a front pocket than a 19 magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I never thought I’d see the day!

To be fair, I don’t think you argued against that - it was more of a comfortable to carry thing and where you draw the line at performance vs. comfort.

Is it enough to make the G26 your dedicated carry gun or still prefer the slimline?
    He may not say it in his defense but some years back he posted that the G26 is the best small pistol for shooting like a big pistol.

Plus . . .
    BATTLEFIELD GREEN!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have quite a bit of gold dot 147gr on hand. Will that work fine out of the shorter g26 magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have quite a bit of gold dot 147gr on hand. Will that work fine out of the shorter g26 magazine?
    I have shot 147 Winchester Ranger,147 FMJFN, 135 +P Hornady, and now have 125+P Hornady "Critical Duty" in the GEN5 26 beside me. 124, 115 ball, etc., with no problems.
    I can't specifically speak to the 147 Gold Dot, but I'd be very surprised if there was an issue.
    In my around 25 years of running a 26-gens 3, 4 and 5 I honestly cannot recall a stoppage. YMMV, of course.

User Tag List