Page 15 of 189 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    My first glock was also a glock 27. My first gat was a hk usp compact 45. I wanted a 9mm but as I was looking it over a police man walked into the gun shop. He came over to me and started checking out the pistols I was looking at. He asked me which I was going to get. I said the 9mm, he laughed at me and pointed to the barrel on the usp 45 and said " see the size of that hole?" Uncomfortably I answered yes. The police officer said " no one will f*&k with you when you point that at him!

Took it home and shot it a few times and couldn't hit anything with it. Traded it on a sig 2340 in 357 sig because that was the new hotness, then finally a glock 27 which ended up being the least reliable glock I ever owned. Went through RSA like crazy on that gun.

What say Y'all? Glock 26.5 or Glock 48?
    The gun doesn’t matter that much as long as it’s reliable. With that said, the Glock 26 already has a proven track record.

Do you have other compatible gear like spare parts, sights, mags, holsters? Do you have the cash to burn on a gun, holsters, sights, etc.?

The other consideration is do you dress around a gun or do you wear clothes that fit? What about in the summer? Fall and winter are easy.

Do you prefer to carry the same gun 90% of the time and have absolute confidence in it. Or, do you change what you carry based on the weather and your attire?

Are you going to carry behind your hip or appendix?

Lots of considerations.

I have a zillion mags, holsters, sights, etc. for Glock 19 and Glock 26. Once you find something that works, invest in learning how to maintain it. Friends of mine spend so much money on new guns all of the time and barely shoot them. I buy a case or two of ammo for the fraction of their hardware cost. Guess who the better shooter is?
    Last edited by GAP; 01-28-2019 at 08:40 PM.

The 48 is very tempting. However the fact that while the gun will cost me close to $450 that's just the beginning. I would have to buy mags, sights holsters etc. I could easily be in another $200. I'm trying to resist the urge. Of course eventually one will wind up locally used and I'll probably fold. Until then I'm going to shoot what I have.
    Of course a gen 5 26 isn't off the radar either. I try to tell myself I do just fine with my gen 4.
    Last edited by camsdaddy; 01-28-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    The 48 is very tempting. However the fact that while the gun will cost me close to $450 that's just the beginning. I would have to buy mags, sights holsters etc. I could easily be in another $200. I'm trying to resist the urge.

I share those sentiments.

When I consider that buying a new G43X or G48 entails:

...reportedly greater felt recoil compared to any generation of G26,

...the need to purchase trigger-bar assemblies with smooth trigger faces,

...the need to purchase new sights,

...the necessity of buying many additional magazines,

...the need for new holsters and mag pouches,

I find the siren song of the new Glocks less difficult to resist, even though the narrower frames are potently attractive.

But I'll probably succumb eventually anyway.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

The current political environment makes me not want to spend money on any pistol 10 rounds or less. But yeah when you start figuring in all the extra cost it quickly loses it's appeal to buy another gun. My glock 19s serve me well 99% of the time. If my back starts crapping out on me I'll probably eventually look for something lighter. When I wake up in the morning I always ask myself if today is the day, what gun do I want to have with me? I then put my glock 43 back in the safe and grab either a 26 or 19.

Just a couple of things that may help someone who has a G26 or is thinking about getting one.

1. I shoot A LOT of ammo on a yearly basis through several G26’s and was curious about steel cased ammo. So far, my main practice gun went through 400 steel cased Wolf 9mm without a single hiccup.

2. I transitioned most of my carry to behind the hip, but had a slight revelation last week. While playing with my kids at the park, I found myself bending over 100 times and felt like my gun was out there for the world to see. To combat the slower draw of a subcompact, i took a JM Custom George holster, raised the holster a bit and added a horizontal wedge. The shorter grip helps conceal in the higher ride height and the horizontal wedge does two things.

- Distributes the pressure of the gun across a wider surface area (more comfortable)

- Pushes the grip into you like a wing; except it’s on the opposite side. The higher end of the wedge is towards your middle.

Maybe I’m late to the party; but both are working well for me.

Name:  7A953363-9D18-4223-BAE6-4963E2C8E17C.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  17.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Just a couple of things that may help someone who has a G26 or is thinking about getting one.

1. I shoot A LOT of ammo on a yearly basis through several G26’s and was curious about steel cased ammo. So far, my main practice gun went through 400 steel cased Wolf 9mm without a single hiccup.

2. I transitioned most of my carry to behind the hip, but had a slight revelation last week. While playing with my kids at the park, I found myself bending over 100 times and felt like my gun was out there for the world to see. To combat the slower draw of a subcompact, i took a JM Custom George holster, raised the holster a bit and added a horizontal wedge. The shorter grip helps conceal in the higher ride height and the horizontal wedge does two things.

- Distributes the pressure of the gun across a wider surface area (more comfortable)

- Pushes the grip into you like a wing; except it’s on the opposite side. The higher end of the wedge is towards your middle.

Maybe I’m late to the party; but both are working well for me.

Name:  7A953363-9D18-4223-BAE6-4963E2C8E17C.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  17.1 KB
    Not to detract from your post, I believe that's the rationale behind the angled wedge on the VELO by tenicor.

Glad that 26 is working out better that way though. I'm at a crossroads of getting a 26 or a 48. Restricted to 10 rounds here which may be a determining factor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Not to detract from your post, I believe that's the rationale behind the angled wedge on the VELO by tenicor.

Glad that 26 is working out better that way though. I'm at a crossroads of getting a 26 or a 48. Restricted to 10 rounds here which may be a determining factor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Yes, that is a good point about the Velo. Tough choice if you don’t already have a million Glock mags, parts, and holsters; easier choice if you do.

I never carry a pistol where my hand has to go behind me in order to draw.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I share those sentiments.

When I consider that buying a new G43X or G48 entails:

...reportedly greater felt recoil compared to any generation of G26,

...the need to purchase trigger-bar assemblies with smooth trigger faces,

...the need to purchase new sights,

...the necessity of buying many additional magazines,

...the need for new holsters and mag pouches,

I find the siren song of the new Glocks less difficult to resist, even though the narrower frames are potently attractive.

But I'll probably succumb eventually anyway.
    All of my 26s are still gen 3s for basically these reasons. I'm also passing on the new slimline Glocks again for the same reason - between my 26s/43s, they occupy a middle space that isn't worth the money for my needs, on my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I've never, ever had issues with steel cased ammo through any Glock (including at least 2k thru one of my G26s). Primers are often kinda hard, but the steel case itself has never been an issue.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 02-24-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    All of my 26s are still gen 3s for basically these reasons.
    I've found the Gen5 26 to be noticeably more accurate than my Gen3's.
    It's really noticeable shooting steel at 75Y.
    With the Gen5 when I "call a hit" from sight feedback it's a hit.
    With the Gen3 at random times my sight feedback says hit but i'm just slightly off in a random direction.
    That tells me something with the Gen5 is more consistent.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List