Page 14 of 189 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I still like my G26.5 w +2 in a RCS Perun AOWB. A lot.

I have yet to handle a G43X/G48 but the few reports of ‘snappiness’ have cooled my fever for a new gun a bit. I’ve slid my GSSF coupon back in my file folder for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did not find anything snappy about my G48 shooting range ammunition yesterday. Next time out I will try some 124+P HST.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My first “baby” Glock was a 27, as soon as they came out. Back then, 9mm was not something around polite company that you admitted to carrying, and acceptable calibers started with “4.”
    Me too, first subcompact Glock was a G27 in '91.

Back in '90-'91, .45 Auto was best, the new .40 S&W was "the ideal compromise caliber" for handguns, and real men were just a little bit ashamed to carry a "wondernine".

"Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

As expected, zero issues with the second USA slide Glock 26.5.

Installed my preferred Ameriglo setup, a gadget, and rode off into the wilderness.

250 rounds 124gr Speer Lawman
    50 rounds 147gr Federal HST

To my surprise, it was the first time I didn’t have to adjust the sights while zeroing. I’d post my target, but George would tell me it needs to go a “skosh” left.

Here she is, patiently waiting in her natural environment for the G48 lust to die down.

Name:  2AEBFB51-F62C-407A-906E-7E16C88B8708.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  89.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    As expected, zero issues with the second USA slide Glock 26.5.

Installed my preferred Ameriglo setup, a gadget, and rode off into the wilderness.

250 rounds 124gr Speer Lawman
    50 rounds 147gr Federal HST

To my surprise, it was the first time I didn’t have to adjust the sights while zeroing. I’d post my target, but George would tell me it needs to go a “skosh” left.

Here she is, patiently waiting in her natural environment for the G48 lust to die down.

Name:  2AEBFB51-F62C-407A-906E-7E16C88B8708.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  89.5 KB
    That pistol is so retro I am surprised Brownell’s isn’t making one.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That pistol is so retro I am surprised Brownell’s isn’t making one.
    Nah, if it were really retro, the slide and dust cover wouldn't match contours

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Nah, if it were really retro, the slide and dust cover wouldn't match contours
    I thought all 26 gens matched slide and dust cover contours. My gen 3 does.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I did not find anything snappy about my G48 shooting range ammunition yesterday. Next time out I will try some 124+P HST.
    OK thanks, so maybe I'm not crazy. Not likely, but maybe. I have only a fam fire through mine and was struck by how soft it recoiled vs the G43. It's not a G45 but it's not harsh at all I didn't think.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I still like my G26.5 w +2 in a RCS Perun AOWB. A lot.

I have yet to handle a G43X/G48 but the few reports of ‘snappiness’ have cooled my fever for a new gun a bit. I’ve slid my GSSF coupon back in my file folder for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Of all the subjective impressions any shooter tries to communicate to another shooter, perceived recoils sits on the top of that list.
    Last edited by JHC; 01-28-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I thought all 26 gens matched slide and dust cover contours. My gen 3 does.
    Was just a tongue in cheek reference to the very earliest gen 5 guns that didn't match. The 26 may have come out after that was rectified, I'm not sure.

My first glock was also a glock 27. My first gat was a hk usp compact 45. I wanted a 9mm but as I was looking it over a police man walked into the gun shop. He came over to me and started checking out the pistols I was looking at. He asked me which I was going to get. I said the 9mm, he laughed at me and pointed to the barrel on the usp 45 and said " see the size of that hole?" Uncomfortably I answered yes. The police officer said " no one will f*&k with you when you point that at him!

Took it home and shot it a few times and couldn't hit anything with it. Traded it on a sig 2340 in 357 sig because that was the new hotness, then finally a glock 27 which ended up being the least reliable glock I ever owned. Went through RSA like crazy on that gun.

What say Y'all? Glock 26.5 or Glock 48?

User Tag List