Page 138 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Yea, not only does it go to 11… it is also none more black. The baseplates on all our mags have the longer “toe” on them…they’re horrible and have caused some issues for a lot of guys. They’re being replaced widely with standard Gen 5 baseplates. I do not and have never had a regular G26 so no way to compare. I’ve been lead to understand that our mags work in regular G26 but the regular 10 round G26 magazine does not work in ours. Not having ever had one it is a non issue for me. Our G26 does not have the stepped bottom like a regular one, it’s straight across but doesn’t have the extra Hen5 magazine well flair.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Yea, not only does it go to 11… it is also none more black. The baseplates on all our mags have the longer “toe” on them…they’re horrible and have caused some issues for a lot of guys. They’re being replaced widely with standard Gen 5 baseplates. I do not and have never had a regular G26 so no way to compare. I’ve been lead to understand that our mags work in regular G26 but the regular 10 round G26 magazine does not work in ours. Not having ever had one it is a non issue for me. Our G26 does not have the stepped bottom like a regular one, it’s straight across but doesn’t have the extra Hen5 magazine well flair.
    Interesting. What issues are guys seeing with the longer toe on the baseplate? Are people catching them on things and knocking mags out of pouches?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Yup, the extended toe is catching on stuff and a number have popped right off out of the gun due to the extra leverage. With mags bullets front the second magazine back is getting snagged on reloads and guys who run them bullets out have had them disassemble when going prone. Mine all came off and replaced with results Gen5 baseplates as soon as I got home the first day after I got my G47 and within a few months our firearm department was handing them out to whoever wanted one. All my work magazines are now the factory +2 which reload / handle easier for me so no issues.

That’s disappointing. I guess I’ll stick with the regular baseplates.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Tried a gen 5 26 at the rental range. I was stunned at how accurate the gun was.

May need to get another Glock because holy crap.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I live in the totalitarian state of CA. Omniscient politicians have arbitrarily concluded that the unwashed masses to include honorably retired cops cannot be trusted with many brands and models of handguns, yet the same rulers aid and abet aliens to illegally invade our country and entrust with driving 2-ton vehicles and possess any type of gun they can buy on CA's thriving black market. The unwashed masses, of which I'm most thoroughly uncleaned, are told what we're privileged to own. Now that I've purged useless frustration, I'll get to it.

By a massive margin, the best duty handgun I've carried was a Sig P229 .40 S&W, and I've carried more than a few.

I can't tell you the last time I've carried a handgun on my person. I do hold honorable retired credentials that allow me to carry a concealed handgun. I live in an extremely safe South Orange County city. I avoid crime plagued cities. I will pay more for a glass of beer in a sports restaurant than pinch pennies in venue where there's a statistically significant probability of running in to a trouble-seeking moron.

Because my Sig P229 was my favorite duty handgun, after I retired I decided to buy its little brother, a Sig P239 .49 S&W. It's a flawlessly superb handgun. It has match grade accuracy. It's an excellent self-defense handgun in every way any self-defense handguns can be measured except for one: it's larger and heavier than I expected. Hence, other that range qualification, it remains unloaded and secured in my gun safe.

I devoted thoughts and time to enjoying retirement. I relegated thoughts of a concealed handgun to where thoughts go that lack immediate significance. My insulated world of bliss was hit with a barrage of incoming nuke strikes when I read about an LA scum bag attempting to murder an LA cop with a flame-throwing device. I'm not sure what species (gang affiliation: abortionists meet CA Penal Code criteria for classification of a criminal street gang) of animal the suspect was. I was disappointed that an off-duty or an honorably retired cop wasn't there to drop the scum bag before he had opportunity to use his flame thrower on a cop who was performing his duties as a professional law enforcement officer. I can think of at least four serious felonies that will keep the suspect in prison for the rest of his life after Gascon is recalled.

That disgusting crime shook me to reality. I needed a small, lightweight handgun that I'd actually carry as opposed to looking for reasons to avoid carrying (too big & heavy). Before joining, I spent considerable time here. I've researched the heck out of easily carried self-defense handguns. Being a Sig aficionado, I incorrectly assumed a model of Sig would be most often cited as preferred by cops for off-duty use. Based upon my hours of research, the Glock 26 appeared to be the concealable handgun gold standard.

This is were the artificial economy created by CA's completely arbitrary handgun roster forced me to deviate from my initial choice of a Glock 26 Gen 5. The Ten 5 comes with 2 additional 10 round mags. The Ten 3 comes with 1 additional mag. CA's totalitarian rulers have forced me to accept an inferior economic option. The Gen 5 version is available to only active duty, sworn cops. I'm prevented from buying a copy. I know the ostensible reason. It is devoid of reason and logic. CA's totalitarian rulers' ulterior motive is the eventual ban of all semiautomatic handguns in CA. They will not stop with complete ban on sales of semiautomatic handguns. Their end game is gun confiscation. CA's totalitarian rulers are practiced con artists. They refuse to scientifically prove that any gun control law has prevented a single crime. They rely on their lie that they repeat ad infinitum until the unwashed masses are sufficiently groomed to acquiesce to gun confiscation.

So, I cannot buy a Gen 5 G-26. I did buy a Gen 3 G-26 from a police products store in OC that sells guns at close to its cost to cops and honorably retired cops. Based upon what I've read, the Gen 3 is extremely reliable. It will be at he OC store by Fri. I have a few days to decide. I do not want to deviate from the topic of the G-26. Based upon its weight, it seems ideally suited for the 9MM. Recoil should be manageable thereby promoting sight picture retention. Avoid discussion about cartridges, do any G-26 owners regret not going with a G-27? Because pf my direct knowledge of the Sig P229 .40 S&W and the Sig P239 .40 S&W. I'm jumping back-and-forth over the imaginary line separating the G-26 & G-27. Because of the gun's size and weight, I'm tilting toward the G-26.

Buying a self-defense handgun involves compromises. In a perfect world, I'd carry a full-size 1911-A1 .45 ACP. I prefer single stack mags. I'm good with double-stack mags that have a proven record.

I'd greatly appreciate replies from shooters with actual experience firing both models.

Find a G26 MOS?

Anyone seen one lately? For sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    Anyone seen one lately? For sale.
    One sold on Gunbroker a month or two ago:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/932458623

Quote Originally Posted by SAEMP3 View Post
    I did buy a Gen 3 G-26 from a police products store in OC that sells guns at close to its cost to cops and honorably retired cops. Based upon what I've read, the Gen 3 is extremely reliable. It will be at he OC store by Fri. I have a few days to decide. I do not want to deviate from the topic of the G-26. Based upon its weight, it seems ideally suited for the 9MM. Recoil should be manageable thereby promoting sight picture retention.
    You’re GTG. The Gen 3 26, as a rule, is extremely reliable and accurate. 9mm is the chambering you want. If the only gun I owned was a Gen 3 26 (I’ve had 2 or 3 Gen2.5-3 G26s over the years, along with about every other 9mm Glock) then, I’d still be in decent shape. Buy the Gen 3 26, a bunch of flush fit spare mags, and a pile of practice ammo. Keep on trucking. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    You’re GTG. The Gen 3 26, as a rule, is extremely reliable and accurate. 9mm is the chambering you want. If the only gun I owned was a Gen 3 26 (I’ve had 2 or 3 Gen2.5-3 G26s over the years, along with about every other 9mm Glock) then, I’d still be in decent shape. Buy the Gen 3 26, a bunch of flush fit spare mags, and a pile of practice ammo. Keep on trucking. JMO.
    Your opinion is seconded.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

User Tag List