Page 135 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I've been toting the 26.5 but the 26.3 and earlier are sold performers with sights that I like best. The search for sights for the .5 continues.
    I have HDs on the Gen2.5 and Bolds on the 26.5

They both work fine, but I think the HDs give a bigger / brighter front sight picture in daytime...and the lamps are brighter in the dark as well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Not quite at GAP standards, but I shot this today offhand @50yds with 124gr+P Gold Dots. Ameriglo sights and pearce G5 small extension. Both of my G5 G26s have the 4+1 syndrome and the flyer isn't necessarily the first round, so I must be doing something inconsistently.

Name:  20220424_131637.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  33.5 KB
    Adam

Probably nothing useful to add but yet another anecdote about awesome the G26.5 is.
    Took mine out today and from 7Y to 50Y (10" steel plate today) it just flat out performs.
    I've been trying to make a RDS topped 43X work for me, but the smaller grip profile is just too damn squirrelly and inconsistent.
    There's also the troubling (to me) issue of ammo sensitivity, the 43X is versus the 26 that will eat anything.
    IME the G26.5 is still one of if not the best sub-c 9mm made for high volume shooters.
    The latest 365 is close, but I still have nagging doubts due to Sigs 10 year track record of screwing up a good thing.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    Not quite at GAP standards, but I shot this today offhand @50yds with 124gr+P Gold Dots. Ameriglo sights and pearce G5 small extension. Both of my G5 G26s have the 4+1 syndrome and the flyer isn't necessarily the first round, so I must be doing something inconsistently.

Name:  20220424_131637.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  33.5 KB
    Video yourself. If it’s not the first round it could be a grip issue.

Myself and others sometimes have flyers in round 8/9/10 of 10 round strings due to relaxing too early, particularly on the last shot. It’s a software issue which can be trained out.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Probably nothing useful to add but yet another anecdote about awesome the G26.5 is.
    Took mine out today and from 7Y to 50Y (10" steel plate today) it just flat out performs.
    I've been trying to make a RDS topped 43X work for me, but the smaller grip profile is just too damn squirrelly and inconsistent.
    There's also the troubling (to me) issue of ammo sensitivity, the 43X is versus the 26 that will eat anything.
    IME the G26.5 is still one of if not the best sub-c 9mm made for high volume shooters.
    The latest 365 is close, but I still have nagging doubts due to Sigs 10 year track record of screwing up a good thing.
    I had great success with the 43X when I grabbed one early and shot it almost exclusively for 6 mos. But I like to shoot other stuff so . . .

I can't quite figure it out but for me 43X performance demands "recency". A jealous mistress alright.

But I don't find that to be so acutely the case with either the G26 nor the 43.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I had great success with the 43X when I grabbed one early and shot it almost exclusively for 6 mos. But I like to shoot other stuff so . . .

I can't quite figure it out but for me 43X performance demands "recency". A jealous mistress alright.

But I don't find that to be so acutely the case with either the G26 nor the 43.
    I want my micro and sub-c to compliment my mid and full size.
    The slimline Glocks just don't do that for me, especially when you add in optics.
    I can draw a iron sighted 17, dot topped 19, dot topped Zev OZ9C, iron sighted 26 and a P365 SAS and be dead on every single time. As in press the trigger without conscious sight alignment and make solid hits inside 10Y, then smoothly transition to irons or dot as accuracy demands require.
    With my 43X I would get inconsistent vertical and/or horizontal displacement until I had fully "warmed up" with several draws, the small window 507K took it to another level of inconsistency.
    As soon as I put it aside and shot anything else for more than a few draws I had to start all over again.
    Not what I want to do for a carry pistol.
    Heck, I can switch between a 17 and a J-frame easier than I can to the 43x.
    For my body type (flat belly, kettlebell obliques) the G26 fills the gap much better as well and is more stable AIWB.
    The slimlines tend to float and rotate a bit more with a single clip holster.

I like the idea of the slimlines, but the execution of the grip just doesn't match my other Glocks.

I'm really looking forward to getting in my 26.5 dot cut slide, along with a Mayhem carry comp it should be a great little carry pistol.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

All good to hear gents. Love seeing the day to day info on your trials with other guns compared to the 26.

Grabbed another Gen5 26 today.
    Great factory trigger on it, probably just throw on a Vickers flat face trigger shoe and call it good to go.
    Front serrations aren't my favorite but the factory slide will be swapped out for a pre-fab MRDS cut slide when it comes in.
    Along with a Mayhem carry comp it should make a nice little mini-Roland.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Grabbed another Gen5 26 today.
    Great factory trigger on it, probably just throw on a Vickers flat face trigger shoe and call it good to go.
    Front serrations aren't my favorite but the factory slide will be swapped out for a pre-fab MRDS cut slide when it comes in.
    Along with a Mayhem carry comp it should make a nice little mini-Roland.
    I think the hot ticket is to send the slide to Maple Leaf for their “duty cut” which gives you a great slide treatment! I have a Gen 4 26 slide there now. YVK just ordered a Mayhem for his G4 26.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You guys still hammering away with your 26's?

Any new updates fellows...

User Tag List