Page 13 of 189 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think there are different perspectives on evaluating pistols. Dot torture or shooting a B8 is not anywhere near the top of my list on picking a carry or gaming pistol. For EDC, Gabe’s test is pretty good. Anyone shot that test with a 48 and 26 and compared results?
    Not head to head yet but I'll get to that. I've worked up my own CoF for evaluating a pistol for carry, 5-25 yds. Still in draft. But for me the 26 can always hang in the shooting. It's "sticking" the grip for the draw from AIWB that is a trickier for me than the longer grips. Draw from IWB at 3:30 is much more for me and where I prefer to carry a G26.
    Last edited by JHC; 01-25-2019 at 06:13 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Not head to head yet but I'll get to that. I've worked up my own CoF for evaluating a pistol for carry, 5-25 yds. Still in draft. But for me the 26 can always hang in the shooting. It's "sticking" the grip for the draw from AIWB that is a trickier for me than the longer grips. Draw from IWB at 3:30 is much more for me and where I prefer to carry a G26.
    100% agree that the draw is much easier from behind the hip. That’s how I primarily carry the 26; a G19 seems more efficient from appendix.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    100% agree that the draw is much easier from behind the hip. That’s how I primarily carry the 26; a G19 seems more efficient from appendix.
    I think the 48 would have an advantage over the 26 from AIWB in Gabe’s Standards because the standards focus so much on a fast draw and I suspect the longer grip would facilitate drawing fast. I also suspect the actual shooting would be a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I think the 48 would have an advantage over the 26 from AIWB in Gabe’s Standards because the standards focus so much on a fast draw and I suspect the longer grip would facilitate drawing fast. I also suspect the actual shooting would be a wash.
    Yes, from appendix you would have an advantage drawing a 48. Not seconds difference, tenths of a second difference. Hell, most of your improvements will be due to your ability to react faster to the timer beep. That’s why internet commandos set a specific delay and game it to get more likes on their videos.

But, I don’t carry appendix much anymore, so it’s mostly irrelevant to me.

Is it reliable?
    Can I conceal it all day every day?
    Am I willing to conceal it all day every day?
    Can I get a "upper A" zone hit @7 yards in <2 seconds from concealed starting from pretty much any standing position on demand?
    Can I follow up that "upper A" @7 yards with more "upper A" hits with <0.30 seconds splits?
    Can I make a 25 yard "head shot" (I use a 8" plate) with no time pressure on demand 100% of the time?
    Does it hold enough bullets to put 2 or 3 rounds into each of 2 or 3 bad guys?
    Is it at least a .380, preferably a 9mm?

All "Yes" = good enough to carry for me.
    If I can improve on any of the above without having to answer "No" to another, it's even better.
    Glock 42, 43, Walther PPS and Kahr PM9 meet all the criteria.
    Glock 26 and H&K VP9SK are better still (and even better with +2 and +3 magazines respectively).
    Glock 19X and VP9 are even better on the performance side but I start hitting the "No" on the day to day living with it side.
    Kahr P380 is the easiest to live with but starts hitting the wall on splits and @ 25 yards.

Right now I have a Glock 26 AIWB.
    If I end up hitting the highway for a 4+ hour road trip with the destination being inhospitable to carry the G42 will go in my pocket.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-25-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I agree also 100% glock 26 strong side carry, that's the whole reason I still have one. I bought the 43 for the same purpose but I don't see much level of comfort difference between the two. I still carry a glock 19 aiwb 99% of the time and I've tried a glock 26 aiwb but getting to the grip is harder because it's closer to my belt line and it's more grip heavy and wants to spill out over my belt so I usually would use a longer holster. The glock 26 is great for strong side because I'm not banging the grip into everything sitting down and it's not jabbing me in the back like a glock 19 does. I think it is pretty awesome how a gun that came out like 24 years ago is still a top contender for ccw. I never feel under gunned with a g26 but I do with the single stacks. No real loss of proficiency with a baby glock either.

My next pistol purchase will be most likely a Gen 5 26 ...

I still like my G26.5 w +2 in a RCS Perun AOWB. A lot.

I have yet to handle a G43X/G48 but the few reports of ‘snappiness’ have cooled my fever for a new gun a bit. I’ve slid my GSSF coupon back in my file folder for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    II think it is pretty awesome how a gun that came out like 24 years ago is still a top contender for ccw.
    I bought the very first Glock 26 that was sold by the highest volume dealer in the state.
    So I probably had the first Glock 26 in the state of New Mexico.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

My first “baby” Glock was a 27, as soon as they came out. Back then, 9mm was not something around polite company that you admitted to carrying, and acceptable calibers started with “4.”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List