Page 12 of 189 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Gen5 26 master race checking in.

Attachment 34552
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-24-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    What did you disklike about the 43x/48 or like more about to 26?

I'm in the market for a 10rd pistol, already have G19 mags and looking to try a 43x prior to buying a 26.5

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    I ran a G3G26 and G48 back to back pretty extensively today and, while I expected the G26 to run away with it, I would call it a draw, with the main variable being my ability. 48 reloads nicer due to length. 26 shoots a little softer, but that made no difference in actual splits.

Site Supporter
    The 26's just plain work. They have a proven track record and it is hard to find any negatives with them. Based on your shooting skills they definitely work for you!

I think there are different perspectives on evaluating pistols. Dot torture or shooting a B8 is not anywhere near the top of my list on picking a carry or gaming pistol. For EDC, Gabe’s test is pretty good. Anyone shot that test with a 48 and 26 and compared results?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think there are different perspectives on evaluating pistols. Dot torture or shooting a B8 is not anywhere near the top of my list on picking a carry or gaming pistol. For EDC, Gabe’s test is pretty good. Anyone shot that test with a 48 and 26 and compared results?
    I like the Lucky Gunner handgun test. I keep a running tab on Times with a variety of platforms.

I need to run Gabe’s test and see how I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There sure seems to be..

A logical approach for a carry gun:

25 yard groups to establish an accuracy baseline
    Bill Drills - various distances
    Failure to Stop - various distances

Plus whatever your heart desires if you think you need speed reloads, and plan to take on four gunslingers at once.

Hammertime
    Today I shot at 25, equal score. Both with equally crappy sights requiring completely different holds.

Supertest from ready: G26: 287, G48: 283 similar times.

Dot Torture at 8 yds: G26: 46/50 G48 33/50. I shot it particularly bad. I can’t see the dot at all with the sight picture needed, but, for whatever reason the wheels fell off and I just plain sucked.

Garcia Dots at 5: G26: 20 hits in 32.9s, G48: 12 hits in 31.2s.

At this point the G 26 is running away with it.

Then I did 50-60 rounds of doubles drills trying to hold a 4” circle at 5 yards. Back and forth between guns. I was able to get splits into the 0.24 range with both, but was a bit wilder accuracy wise with the 26.

This is a Gen 3 26 and I was reminded how much I like the Gen 4/5 mag release. Reloads are not my focus ever, but even admin reloads were completely annoying with the 26. Mag stripping required.

Overall, I don’t know. It is a tie in my hands. 26 if you want one small massively compatible pistol. It is definitely the logical choice, but I can’t make it perform a ton better than the 48 consistently.

Enel, I have spent a bunch of time shooting different pistols over the years, and have come to believe this kind of evaluation is mostly anecdotal. Now if you shot just the 48, or just the 26 for three or four weeks exclusively, it would start to be meaningful. No different than GAP, who has months or years shooting a G26, trying a 48 and finding it inferior — the only surprise would be if GAP preferred a 48.

I am at two months straight now with the VP9, shooting basically every day, and just starting to feel like I know it. In years past, I would have felt I was fine right away, but with the benefit of hindsight, I now know I was mistaken.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Enel, I have spent a bunch of time shooting different pistols over the years, and have come to believe this kind of evaluation is mostly anecdotal. Now if you shot just the 48, or just the 26 for three or four weeks exclusively, it would start to be meaningful. No different than GAP, who has months or years shooting a G26, trying a 48 and finding it inferior — the only surprise would be if GAP preferred a 48.

I am at two months straight now with the VP9, shooting basically every day, and just starting to feel like I know it. In years past, I would have felt I was fine right away, but with the benefit of hindsight, I now know I was mistaken.
    Months? lol. No, it’s automatically inferior because the grip length is something I do not desire. The added grip length does nothing for me besides make a pistol easier to reload.

Let’s say you show up to the range with five different striker-fired pistols. You run several bill drills with each of them. Are your times going to be within a few tenths of a second with each or will they be seconds apart?

Is it even relevant to self-defense? Probably not. These drills are just ways to improve specific areas of our technique.

It’s splitting hairs and personally not worth my time. If you enjoy it, then rock on.

Am I mistaken or did glock not announce a 26.5 mos version coming out?

I was out shooting my glock 43 and 26.4 today. I haven't shot them in awhile. 200 rounds in each and about 100 rounds through my 42. I wanted to remind myself what I think of each of them because I was possibly looking at a g48. I quickly was reminded how much I don't care for the 43 and how much I love the 26 and 42. Long story short I decided I'm not really into single stack 9mm, but still love a glock 26 and will definitely be checking out a gen 5. Glock 42 isn't going anywhere either because it's in my pocket everyday as a bug and in the house pistol. My glock 43 will be going bye bye and a j frame will take it's place as a pocket gun anti venomous snake deterrent with birdshot.

User Tag List