Page 117 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

If I run an extension on the G26 it's the factory +2. Works for me and has a 2 round bonus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I spent some time at the range today with the new Gen 5 extensions and really liked the feel.

No pinching to report since they fit flush with the bottom of the frame.

The Gen 5 extensions definitely pinch me less than any others I have tried. I still get it minimally, but only really feel it after the string of fire and it's not distracting like before. Compared to the flat baseplates, the sights return a little quicker and the draw is more consistent since I don't have half a pinky getting in the way. I'm going to switch most of mine over.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I hate to say it, but ammo. Mostly. The other two, I don’t know. This one, ammo. If it doesn’t have 124 or 147 pushed pretty hard, it doesn’t want to run. I sent a bunch of ammo to a friend with a chrono and I settled on Federal Clean burn or something like that. It’s a coated bullet load that loaded pretty hot, chronos in line with 147 HST and will run these 26s like they’re supposed to.

On the other hand, my ammo fiasco that was giving the 26s fits also gave us a false sense of security with the 43s. They needed new springs and mags and we couldn’t tell.

But my feelings weren’t hurt too bad with 43s behavior because that RMR’d 26 blows it out of the water in every way.
    Shit. I want one now. That looks like a really handy little carry gun. Have you spent much time with a 43x or 19? I’m curious what draws are like with the 26 compared to either. I haven’t owned a 26 in a very long time.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I’ve ran a 48 quite a bit, 19s and 17s for decades, 26 since ‘08.

The 26 requires a little more tenacity to get out of the holster as cleanly as a full grip, but it’s just something to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    My muzzle has been removed. It’s here.
    Glock’s New England LE sales rep’s sample G26 G5 MOS

This is a nice setup, love it. hope to see these son enough for the rest of us..

Got my slide back.

…and got it zeroed.

GL-212T-180-OR-C (orange, the one you listed GRC is green)
    GL-417 rear is correct
    So you are running a plain black rear on these guns? I thought I read you were using an operator sight but I may be confused here with so many posts. Please clarify for me before I order a set too since yours seems to be working. Thanks S...

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    So you are running a plain black rear on these guns? I thought I read you were using an operator sight but I may be confused here with so many posts. Please clarify for me before I order a set too since yours seems to be working. Thanks S...
    Hmm. They must have changed some of the product numbers. When I look at their new website it looks like it is now GL-146R.

.256 height / .150 notch

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-146r

The front sight is the same: GL-212T-180-ORC | Green Tritium Orange Outline FRONT .180 H .125" W

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-212t-180-orc

Hmm. They must have changed some of the product numbers. When I look at their new website it looks like it is now GL-146R.

.256 height / .150 notch

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-146r

The front sight is the same: GL-212T-180-ORC | Green Tritium Orange Outline FRONT .180 H .125" W

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-212t-180-orc
    Thanks for the follow up, this make more sense. I am in the process of upgrading to a night sight and since you have basically done the "work" on figuring out what works, I am more than likely going the same route you have. More to come on that too. Thanks

BTW, anyone know why I cannot upload a jpeg under the "manage attachments" button when I post something. I do it and it spins for a few seconds but nothing uploads. Shows I have plenty of space to add pics too so that's not it. I know this is a question for another forum but thought I would ask and someone could get with me on a PM. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Eagle1*; 01-04-2022 at 03:16 PM.

User Tag List