Page 103 of 189 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I forget who the member is that seems to regularly, or at least occasionally, in front pocket.

My once razor sharp memory is dull as a butter knife today, it seems.

Someone will chime in...
    My 42 is the biggest I’ve found I can front pocket carry, but I wear jeans.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Interesting. I have a friend who shoots pistol right hand but a rifle left hand but he can shoot the rifle equally well either side. My Dad did everything requiring strength right hand and everything requiring finesse left hand. Besides you and the two examples I provided I dont think Ive known anyone else that has those traits. I wonder if thats as rare as my experience.
    The way I understand it, some lefties are lefty because their brain hemispheres’ roles are reversed. Other lefties, like your friend, your Dad, and me, are not wired with reversed roles for the brains’ hemispheres, so, have some amount of mixed-dexterity and/or ambidextrous tendencies.

In my case, all of this has been a mixed blessing. With some things, like shooting, and eating with chopsticks, I am functionally ambidextrous. With sports involving bats or racquets, I am hopelessly clumsy. Even if I had not ruined my right rotator cuff, years ago, you would not want to pick me, to be on your ball-sports team.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

G26 gen 5. Un-cut

Aboot 2500 rounds some 147 RA9T/147 GD and 124+p GD.

Majority ball

Used old and new g5 10 round. Gen2-5 15 round. 17 round and 19X mags. No problems. Just got a12 round to try.

Someone here said g5's had issues with dingus that guides trigger return spring in .gov testing.

So far trigger is consistent and better than my stock gen 2-3 19's and 26.

Few hundred rounds 124+p and 147 ball, 124+p hst and 147 rangers. No issues with various 10 rd, 15 rd, 17 rd, or 19 round factory magazines. I haven’t had any issues with 2 or 3 of the Magpul 12 round magazines either. I think I even put a few rounds through a Magpul 21 round magazine as well.

Jason

You can find a post on here with me complaining about not being able to shot 26 very well and getting a 43x to use as an ankle gun. Little more time with both and I ended up trading the 43x for a gen 5 Glock 26. I’ve grown to really like the 26 and what you can do with them just by sticking a different magazine in them.
    Last edited by Ndbbm; 07-16-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Site Supporter
    ~1000 rnds of ball and 100 each of 147HST and 124gr+p GD without any issues in two G26.5s. I am using flat bottom OEM 10 rounders primarily, and OEM 15 rounders for reload practice but I don't shoot much with the 15 rounders.
    Compared to all of my other handguns, the slides are particularly stiff on these G26.5 and operating them with sweaty hands is tough. I'm thinking about putting those traction strips into the slide serrations. Considering the stiffness, and the 147HST questions that have popped up I switched to the 124gr+p GD.
    Adam

I forget who the member is that seems to regularly, or at least occasionally, in front pocket.

My once razor sharp memory is dull as a butter knife today, it seems.

Someone will chime in...
    I've probably mentioned that I carry a G26 occasionally in the front pocket of loose cargo shorts (in a DeSantis Nemesis). It's comfortable enough for running out on errands for a few hours, but I wouldn't do it all day.

I pocket carried a Gen 4 26 in an A Holster in Duluth Fire Hose Flex pants for a couple years. Kinda heavy. I've since switched to a Glock 43.

Site Supporter
    I have about 2k of mixed factory ammo through the 26.5. It is a more recent version with the breach face cut. There were a few failure to feeds from the flush fit OEM mags in the first 50 rounds fired. None after that. Loading from a locked slide using the slide stop almost always results in a failure to feed when using proven magpul GL12 mags. The gun has not had a stoppage since those initial rounds when using OEM mags of any size. The trigger is rather nice by Glock standards and has not changed in character. I had (past tense for a reason) a 19X that started with a great trigger. It turned to gritty shit within 1000 rounds.

By contrast I cannot recall any stoppages which could be blamed on the function of 26.3 and 26. 2.5 when using any mags and any ammo. I have had dud rounds that would not fire in any gun. Their triggers ( "-" connector and NY-1 spring) are just plain awesome and have remained so for a very long time.

I would not go as far to say that the .5 guns are not reliable but they don't seem to be what the earlier stubbies were.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Leaving aside tape, the elephant in the room is whether there is a systemic reliability problem with the Gen 5 26. I would like to know before I send one off for direct milling.

Who has round counts and can offer how many rounds through their Gen 5 and how many issues, regardless of whether you think it is a particular magazine, magazine size or ammo type. My wife and I each have one but frankly the vast majority of our 26 rounds are Gen 3/4, and I assumed the G5 pistols were reliable and never went about testing that.

What is interesting is that I have heard of trigger degrading issues with the entire Gen 5 series, but otherwise haven’t heard much chatter on reliability issues.
    Id venture a gentlemany wager involving large amounts of PF Dollars that if anyone knows about problems with the 26.5 it would be @HCM
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I only have a few hundred rounds through mine, 147 gr HST (Standard) and a variety of jacketed hollow points in various weights.

The only hiccup so far has been with one OEM 12 round magazine (on two occasions) where it had a total of three failure to feed stoppages.

Not much data, I know, but I'm relieved that the other 10, 12 and 15 round magazines employed all passed muster.
    Where did you get the 12 rounders? Do you know what gen the followers are? I think I read they have a gen 7 for the 26 now. I saw them at one place but they were 30+ bucks. New to Glocks but I always thought Glock mags were supposed to be inexpensive.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List