Page 102 of 189 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @UNK

I've not worn the "dry on the fly" gear. I only own flex fire hose pants and shorts. But even if it did accommodate the 26, I can't see myself carrying in that manner, anyway.

I haven't carried the 26 on the ankle for a while now, but when I did, the Galco did me fine...whether in the office, on the street or chasing down miscreants.
    Well Blues all I can tell you is they are my favorite short by far. I like the flex too but unless someone is doing something that requires the durability of the flex material then they are worth a try. Ive only one pair at this point but by next spring or sooner I plan on having my weight where it should be and Ill be buying quite a few pairs.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Which Wilderness holster are you guys using? The leather or the nylon?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    The basic nylon. I also ordered the 5 inch width for more support as well as the extender so I can put it over the taller boots in the winter.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Well, I see that a bunch of Gen 5 G26 pistols have recently been released into the wild. I very nearly bought one, yesterday, but, instead, bought a new Gen3 G26, or whatever a pre-Gen4 G26 is called. I have several holsters that might not fit a Gen5, due to that “ambidextrous*” slide stop lever, and, I would rather not grind/cut, unless necessary. I’ll add a Gen5 G26, later.

*I am lefty, with Glocks, and find the Gen5 slide stop to be unnecessary. (I no longer fully trust my aging right hand to provide a stable platform for auto-loader functioning. This is not a severe handicap, as I write lefty, and throw righty, so my “smarter” left trigger finger is better for G-locking than my formerly-stronger right trigger finger, anyway.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    So… after using the 26.5 for a while, I have to say that I like my 26.3 and earlier just as much. The finger grooves on the earlier stubbies make getting a fast master grip easier. The #GAP tape job makes the 26.5 work for my hands but the earlier guns fall into place in my hand more naturally.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, I see that a bunch of Gen 5 G26 pistols have recently been released into the wild. I very nearly bought one, yesterday, but, instead, bought a new Gen3 G26, or whatever a pre-Gen4 G26 is called. I have several holsters that might not fit a Gen5, due to that “ambidextrous*” slide stop lever, and, I would rather not grind/cut, unless necessary. I’ll add a Gen5 G26, later.

*I am lefty, with Glocks, and find the Gen5 slide stop to be unnecessary. (I no longer fully trust my aging right hand to provide a stable platform for auto-loader functioning. This is not a severe handicap, as I write lefty, and throw righty, so my “smarter” left trigger finger is better for G-locking than my formerly-stronger right trigger finger, anyway.)
    Interesting. I have a friend who shoots pistol right hand but a rifle left hand but he can shoot the rifle equally well either side. My Dad did everything requiring strength right hand and everything requiring finesse left hand. Besides you and the two examples I provided I dont think Ive known anyone else that has those traits. I wonder if thats as rare as my experience.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Leaving aside tape, the elephant in the room is whether there is a systemic reliability problem with the Gen 5 26. I would like to know before I send one off for direct milling.

Who has round counts and can offer how many rounds through their Gen 5 and how many issues, regardless of whether you think it is a particular magazine, magazine size or ammo type. My wife and I each have one but frankly the vast majority of our 26 rounds are Gen 3/4, and I assumed the G5 pistols were reliable and never went about testing that.

What is interesting is that I have heard of trigger degrading issues with the entire Gen 5 series, but otherwise haven’t heard much chatter on reliability issues.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post

@Rex G

The fix for the kydex holsters is as easy as taking a heat gun and waving it a few times back and forth at the lip of the holster, (where the blockage occurs), and sliding the gun in and out a few times once it's warmed sufficiently. I did my G19 sized JMCK "George" in literally a few seconds. Now it fits my 26.2.5 and 26.5 equally well. So don't let that be the factor that stops you.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Leaving aside tape, the elephant in the room is whether there is a systemic reliability problem with the Gen 5 26. I would like to know before I send one off for direct milling.

Who has round counts and can offer how many rounds through their Gen 5 and how many issues, regardless of whether you think it is a particular magazine, magazine size or ammo type. My wife and I each have one but frankly the vast majority of our 26 rounds are Gen 3/4, and I assumed the G5 pistols were reliable and never went about testing that.

What is interesting is that I have heard of trigger degrading issues with the entire Gen 5 series, but otherwise haven’t heard much chatter on reliability issues.
    I only have a few hundred rounds through mine, 147 gr HST (Standard) and a variety of jacketed hollow points in various weights.

The only hiccup so far has been with one OEM 12 round magazine (on two occasions) where it had a total of three failure to feed stoppages.

Not much data, I know, but I'm relieved that the other 10, 12 and 15 round magazines employed all passed muster.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @Rex G

The fix for the kydex holsters is as easy as taking a heat gun and waving it a few times back and forth at the lip of the holster, (where the blockage occurs), and sliding the gun in and out a few times once it's warmed sufficiently. I did my G19 sized JMCK "George" in literally a few seconds. Now it fits my 26.2.5 and 26.5 equally well. So don't let that be the factor that stops you.
    Thanks. A couple of my holsters are tightly-fitted leather.

When I was nearing retirement, I made a good (for him) deal, with one of my recently-former rookies, for my Gen4 G26, which had been my ankle-holstered on-duty secondary gun, soon after I had switched to a G17 duty pistol. It did not take long, after selling it, for me to realize that I would, sooner or later, be replacing that G26. If nothing else, a G26 is a very nice “NY” reload, when toting a favored revolving pistol, in retirement.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List