Page 56 of 189 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Like a bayonet on an NAA .22 -- sure, you can do it, but now you can't drop it in your pocket.
    But at least then it's arguably an actual weapon. [emoji14]

Agree with the ruining the smallness of it. But if they make a gen5 mos I’d buy it and RD it. Just don’t want to dot it bad enough to mill a non MOS... yet.

Site Supporter
    I stumbled across their website yesterday while searching for G26's with RDS. Do you carry it appendix? What holster?

Some days I think I want a G26 with an RDS, then other days I think I'm ruining the "smallness" of a G26 if I get it milled for an RDS and should buy a G19 MOS(and have the grip chopped).
    I carry at 4 o'clock in a JM Kydex IWB 3.0. Even though I'm pretty lean, I'm a small guy at 5'5"/150 lbs, I haven't been able to pull off AIWB, though I can do a G19 strong side easily. You do give up a little of the sleekness by adding the RMR, but the gains in capability are worth it to me. My G42 is for when I prioritize concealment. I have a half- finished G19 chop job, but realized it feels weird, and the G26 sits in my hand so much better than even a full G19. I'm going to stick with the G45/G26 combo.

Oh, they have pretty, you just have to pay extra:

Attachment 56321

OK, now I want a Glock.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Gen 5 Glock 19 purchased today(I bought one Glock 12 round magazine to try). Thank you to Glock for allowing veterans to use the Blue Label Program. Also "thank you" to everyone here for posting/discussing them. Now to decide on some sights. I'm thinking I'll treat this like its a J frame and add a laser to it . Do Glock Gen 4 sights fit a Gen 5? I have some sights I can use if they do. I'll google it later, back to work.
    --Jason--

Gen 5 Glock 19 purchased today(I bought one Glock 12 round magazine to try). Thank you to Glock for allowing veterans to use the Blue Label Program. Also "thank you" to everyone here for posting/discussing them. Now to decide on some sights. I'm thinking I'll treat this like its a J frame and add a laser to it . Do Glock Gen 4 sights fit a Gen 5? I have some sights I can use if they do. I'll google it later, back to work.
    I was told by the Blue Label dealer I purchased from that my spare earlier generation Trijicons would not shoot to POA with the Gen 5's.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I think the answer to the sight question depends on what kind of ammunition you’ll be shooting. My understanding is that the Gen5 sights are regulated for 147gr ammunition so lighter bullets will shoot low. If you’re shooting lighter rounds, the shorter front sights used with Gen1-4 guns should work just fine.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Gen 5 Glock 19 purchased today(I bought one Glock 12 round magazine to try). Thank you to Glock for allowing veterans to use the Blue Label Program. Also "thank you" to everyone here for posting/discussing them. Now to decide on some sights. I'm thinking I'll treat this like its a J frame and add a laser to it. Do Glock Gen 4 sights fit a Gen 5? I have some sights I can use if they do. I'll google it later, back to work.
    Duh! I meant Gen 5 G26. I asked if they had a Gen 5 G19 MOS but they didn't so I got a 26. Maybe next year I'll try red dots.
    This is my first 26 and I already like the grip better than my Gen 4 G19. I thought the finger grooves worked okay for me, but after playing with my G26 I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I was told by the Blue Label dealer I purchased from that my spare earlier generation Trijicons would not shoot to POA with the Gen 5's.
    Good to know. Time to google!
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I think the answer to the sight question depends on what kind of ammunition you’ll be shooting. My understanding is that the Gen5 sights are regulated for 147gr ammunition so lighter bullets will shoot low. If you’re shooting lighter rounds, the shorter front sights used with Gen1-4 guns should work just fine.
    This is correct: for regulating 124+P on Gen5 guns (including the 43X/48), I've ended up using the same .165 front Ameriglos as on earlier generations. None of the several Glock reps I've asked has known why the mothership is sending out such tall front sights on the new guns, but there's no mechanical reason for it. Regulating for 147 and/or a 'drive the dot' hold is as good a guess as any...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    This is correct: for regulating 124+P on Gen5 guns (including the 43X/48), I've ended up using the same .165 front Ameriglos as on earlier generations. None of the several Glock reps I've asked has known why the mothership is sending out such tall front sights on the new guns, but there's no mechanical reason for it. Regulating for 147 and/or a 'drive the dot' hold is as good a guess as any...
    What Joe Mac said. I have installed the Gen 4 sights on many Glocks and everyone is happy with them.
    Glock messed up and installed the wrong sights on some of the Gen 5 pistols but not all.

User Tag List