Page 100 of 189 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

So is the issue 12 round mags, or greater than 10 round mags?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I just checked - my three original 26.5 magazines have #6 followers. Are #7 available anywhere at retail right now? I’m not seeing them at the usual places.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @JodyH

That's good info, Jody, thanks. (And it's been my favorite since 1995, which is why it's the only gun I own two of.)

So, given that you tossed that mag, did you replace it with another OEM 12 rounder or do you carry another mag?
    \
    With that particular mag I could actually feel feed hiccups through the grip. It did not feed smoothly at all.
    I'm guessing a polymer or metal liner anomaly inside the tube, or maybe a kinked or reversed spring.
    With Glock mags I don't even bother taking them apart to troubleshoot, just toss and replace.

Bought another 12 rounder.
    The 26.5 is currently in my commuting fanny pack loaded 12+1 for my drive to work this morning.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So is the issue 12 round mags, or greater than 10 round mags?
    For me it was one brand new 2020 vintage 12 round mag.
    I have probably a dozen 12 rounders of all generations (I bought the very first 26 my dealer had back in the early/mid '90's), all of them work fine.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    In post #957 he states he used Factory 10, 15 and 17 round mags and displays a picture with a failure to feed so I think it was already addressed by him.
    I didn’t have time yesterday, but here’s what he actually stated at the time.

Post 261

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    One failure with a 10 round, the rest with a 17.
    Post 308

Does it run with 10 round mags?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Yeah but it barely ejects.

I want it to run with 17 round mags to use as reloads.
    Likely gripping the 17 round mag like it’s a full-size grip and pulling back on it too hard.

There are plenty of other threads for you guys to participate in rather than mucking up mine.

One more data point:

Female deputy friend of mine has carried a Gen3 26 as her main duty sidearm with a Pearce +0 mag extension in the gun and G17 17 round reloads. Has had zero issues in 10 years. Switched to a Gen5 and it won’t run. Bolt over base with the 17s more than the 10s. Went back to Glock, came back fixed or whatever. No change.

I think the recoil spring is just too stiff. I don’t think it would apply to her situation as it’s not allowed, but a 14lb spring might help these things

Without going through the entire thread have pocket holster or ankle holster been discussed in this thread?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Without going through the entire thread have pocket holster or ankle holster been discussed in this thread?
    I can't get mine into and out of a pocket in an acceptable fashion, so that's out for me.

I carried one on my ankle for many years in a Galco Ankle Glove. (I didn't use the calf strap.) Link to amazon for info purposes only.

I have no idea what they are selling for these days as I bought mine in the 90's.

https://www.amazon.com/Galco-Ankle-G.../dp/B003UGEX1S
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I carry my G26.5 sometimes in an AHolster pocket holsters.
    My pants and shorts have large pockets and it works very well.
    Don't really notice much difference in it and a J frame.
    Carried this morning on my three mile walk.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I can't get mine into and out of a pocket in an acceptable fashion, so that's out for me.

I carried one on my ankle for many years in a Galco Ankle Glove. (I didn't use the calf strap.) Link to amazon for info purposes only.

I have no idea what they are selling for these days as I bought mine in the 90's.

https://www.amazon.com/Galco-Ankle-G.../dp/B003UGEX1S
    Well dont forget the Deluth thread where they changed the pocket so its no longer suitable for pocket carry. The shorts I mentioned are actually a very good option. Maybe better than the original. I think i could get two 26’s in one front pocket of those and they are a much cooler summer option.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1107734
    Last edited by UNK; 07-15-2021 at 03:15 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List