Page 97 of 189 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Site Supporter
    I have only 65 rounds through mine. 50 rounds of Defender Ammunition 147 grain FMJ and one magazine of 115 grain JHP -- it's was some old JHP, I think Remington Golden Sabers, but no issues. Thankfully ammunition prices are dropping so maybe I'll get more bullets downrange in the near future.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I have only 65 rounds through mine. 50 rounds of Defender Ammunition 147 grain FMJ and one magazine of 115 grain JHP -- it's was some old JHP, I think Remington Golden Sabers, but no issues. Thankfully ammunition prices are dropping so maybe I'll get more bullets downrange in the near future.
    One reason I haven’t tried to buy a new gun recently is that I wouldn’t be able to find enough ammunition to vet it if I did, and couldn’t afford to buy enough ammo if I found some for sale. #justkeepshootingthe.22

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Who else has had issues with their 26.5? I’m only about 1000 rounds in, and have had no problems.

@M2CattleCo , @steve - can you guys please give some particulars? What was the issue, what ammunition, etc?
    My 26Gen5 was used when I got it so I have to mention that up front. I traded my 19Gen5 with the cut out for it because I could not stand the cut out. Initially when I got it I had failures to feed like M2CattleCo just posted. The gun came with a +2 magazine and when I got home and took the magazine apart I found the original owner put the mag together without the insert. I attributed the failures to feed to that magazine and put it away.

My next outing was with my own magazines that feed fine in my 26Gen3's. I got the same failures to feed and also had a failure to extract and a stovepipe. I have never had any problems feeding or extracting with my 26Gen3's that I carry and use in GSSF. So I lost faith in the 26Gen5 and traded it off. (I use Lawman 115 grain ammo most of the time).

It didn't do anything my 26Gen3's can't so I have not invested in another one. I have a GSSF certificate to use and I am leaning toward a 17MOS although I thought about a Gen5 26.

My 26.5 also had problems with earlier gen mags, then I figured out it only likes mags with the "7" follower. As long as I stick with those it is as reliable as any other Glock I own, but it does not like the legacy mags and with the original followers.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    My 26.5 also had problems with earlier gen mags, then I figured out it only likes mags with the "7" follower. As long as I stick with those it is as reliable as any other Glock I own, but it does not like the legacy mags and with the original followers.
    Interesting - I only have the newer 26 magazines (and a few Magpuls that are only for the range, mostly used as Barneys.). I wonder if that’s a factor in my not having problems.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Interesting - I only have the newer 26 magazines (and a few Magpuls that are only for the range, mostly used as Barneys.). I wonder if that’s a factor in my not having problems.
    My early Gen5 sans breech cut and front serrations is, as they say "flawless" with 5 mags, all with #7 followers.
    That's with various 115 and 124 ball and 124 +p HST and Gold Dot.

Thousands upon thousands of rounds through two Glock 26.5 pistols without any issues. I use mostly Russian surplus, Blazer, or Speer Lawman.

All of my Glock magazines are Gen 4 and Gen 5 G26 and G19 magazines.

Regardless of brand, none of my guns have ever choked as much as I read on forums.

Grip it correctly, clean it, lube it, use OEM mags… works for me. Some of you guys have a dark cloud following you around!

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Thousands upon thousands of rounds through two Glock 26.5 pistols without any issues. I use mostly Russian surplus, Blazer, or Speer Lawman.

All of my Glock magazines are Gen 4 and Gen 5 G26 and G19 magazines.

Regardless of brand, none of my guns have ever choked as much as I read on forums.

Grip it correctly, clean it, lube it, use OEM mags… works for me. Some of you guys have a dark cloud following you around!

I think they were/are oversprung. I had a Gen3 and a Gen4 26 that are still around that ran fine with no fuss.

At some point Glock increased the recoil spring strength on these guns and it was not a reliability enhancement for the 9mms.

If it needs to be clean, lubed, and held a certain way to function, it’s a snowflakey POS that’s barely working as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I think they were/are oversprung. I had a Gen3 and a Gen4 26 that are still around that ran fine with no fuss.

At some point Glock increased the recoil spring strength on these guns and it was not a reliability enhancement for the 9mms.

If it needs to be clean, lubed, and held a certain way to function, it’s a snowflakey POS that’s barely working as-is.
    I am curious why you excluded the part about using OEM magazines and then spun a general recommendation into an extreme generality?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I am curious why you excluded the part about using OEM magazines and then spun a general recommendation into an extreme generality?
    In post #957 he states he used Factory 10, 15 and 17 round mags and displays a picture with a failure to feed so I think it was already addressed by him.

User Tag List