Page 94 of 189 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

I have a vague recollection that C class for Life did that with his support index finger?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Lena Miculek does with pistols too

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Yep. Aside from the Gen 5, which I already have Talon Grips on thanks to @TC215, I put the @GAP tape on my original G26, as well as a G19, G17 and even "blue guns". Great stuff, indeed.
    @Duelist and I were pm'ing about GAP tape on his 26.3 and I thought I'd google some images of a nicely taped gen 3...except my search-fu is absolute shitake and I came up dry. Care to post pics of yours? Or can anyone serve up some quality images or vids for Duelist to emulate?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a vague recollection that C class for Life did that with his support index finger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock26 View Post
    For anyone that's having issues with follow-up shots, I suggest wrapping the index finger in front of the trigger guard. I found that it dramatically reduces the downward oscillation of the slide when it returns to battery. This was so effective that it was worth changing my shooting grip for.

Also, if you're going fast with this gun, it's best to just let the gun do its thing. The muzzle flip doesn't matter since the cycle is so fast. It feels best to shoot follow up shots when your mind thinks the gun is still recoiling. It might feel that the barrel is pointed a foot above where you're aiming, but it will be level by the time the second shot is fired.
    C-Class is Glock26 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    @Duelist and I were pm'ing about GAP tape on his 26.3 and I thought I'd google some images of a nicely taped gen 3...except my search-fu is absolute shitake and I came up dry. Care to post pics of yours? Or can anyone serve up some quality images or vids for Duelist to emulate?
    On my Glocks with finger grooves, I only applied the tape in this manner...unlike the way @GAP has his wrapped from side to side, wrapping the front. It gives me enough texture to get good purchase. (On my 26.5 I currently have the Talon Grip. When it eventually wears out, I'll wrap it the same way that @GAP and @Jason M do.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I was pointed to post 622 in this thread (pg 63) when I asked about GAP tape in the other recent thread.

Might as well move the world famous @GAP photo here for those with later generation:

I had to spend another 12 cents last week re-taping my training gun.

Glad to see it is working for many others!

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I had to spend another 12 cents last week re-taping my training gun.

Glad to see it is working for many others!
    Send me your paypal address...I'll cover it if it becomes a burden.

I think these Gen5 26s are really aesthetically pleasing for whatever reason.

The grip fits my hand well and I’ve always shot them very accurately.

I might try one again at some point.

User Tag List