Page 89 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I got to shoot both of mine today. Im too embarrassed to post photos. Ive had some pretty serious health problems including a stint in a wheelchair and havent shot at all for 1.5 years.
    I was shooting primarily to check elevation for new sights I was pretty much hitting every shot to the left of the 3x5 card. Nice groups but left. I obviously need to spend some serious dry fire time before I waste any more ammo. Plus i need to learn a Glock trigger. The trigger didnt seem consistent on the 45.
    It was hot and in the sun and I was having a hard time with my support hand grip because of sweating.
    I did not notice any problem with the shooting hand slipping. I think the stock grip is pretty good. Once I get back in the groove Ill probably give the tape a try.
    Hey man, none of that matters. The only thing that matters is that you are better today than you were yesterday. Work back through the fundamentals and learn those triggers well.

For anyone interested - If you have trouble with your grip, outside of deadlifts I recommend purchasing a set of captains of crush (lightest set first) grippers and a couple of 10 lbs. plates to do plate pinches. Increase weight/difficulty as your grip and forearms get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    For anyone interested - If you have trouble with your grip, outside of deadlifts I recommend purchasing a set of captains of crush (lightest set first) grippers and a couple of 10 lbs. plates to do plate pinches. Increase weight/difficulty as your grip and forearms get stronger.
    I would also add a recommendation for the Ivanko Super Gripper.

I've had one for years and it has a boatload of adjustability.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Question for you 26.5 guys. I’m gonna be selling an AIM Surplus RMR cut 26 slide (Gen 3). Buddy want to buy it to use on his 26.5. Haven’t been able to find a definite answer to whether that will work. I know the back plate and slide stop would need changed, but even with that will it work?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Hopefully Glock releases the G5/26 MOS this year, so we have OEM optics ready options. The short sight radius 26 is such an ideal optics platform.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Hopefully Glock releases the G5/26 MOS this year, so we have OEM optics ready options. The short sight radius 26 is such an ideal optics platform.
    That’s what I have been waiting for.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Well.. I said I was happy with my Gen 4’s and I wasn’t going to do it, but..

I just picked up my Gen 5 Glock 26 today! Upon inspection, I noticed a big, proud “USA” on the slide. I had no idea there was a mix of USA and Austria made slides on the market.

I will be putting my favorite Ameriglo sights and a Gadget on it tonight and plan to put about 500 rounds through it this weekend. I didn’t think it would be a big deal, but so far I am really liking the grip without the finger grooves.

The other pleasant surprise is the trigger, wow! It is very smooth and “rolls” until a crisp break; there’s basically no wall right before the break any more.

Did anyone else pick up a Gen 5 Glock 26 yet or plan to?

Attachment 28167
    Just circling back for a couple current observations.

When I was shooting my 43X every week for months a couple years ago now I was all in. But in current times with rationed 9mm and a lot more .45 shooting because I have beaucoup reloading components for .45 I've returned to the G26 as my small gun. I've proven it out on some standards I shoot that it's the leader of my pack of G26, 43X, 43.

The standard frame dimensions seem much more forgiving of "recency neglect" than the smaller frames - for me. Now mine is a Gen 4 and I'm not sure I don't prefer its trigger characteristics to my G45/19X. So maybe someday a Gen 5 G26, not sure.
    Last edited by JHC; 05-26-2021 at 07:08 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Just circling back for a couple current observations.

When I was shooting my 43X every week for months a couple years ago now I was all in. But in current times with rationed 9mm and a lot more .45 shooting because I have beaucoup reloading components for .45 I've returned to the G26 as my small gun. I've proven it out on some standards I shoot that it's the leader of my pack of G26, 43X, 43.

The standard frame dimensions seem much more forgiving of "recency neglect" that the smaller frames - for me. Now mine is a Gen 4 and I'm not sure I don't prefer its trigger characteristics to my G45/19X. So maybe someday a Gen 5 G26, not sure.
    Definitely more forgiving; the slim profile of the 43 variants are nice but definitely have more recoil and are picky with ammo. Like I’ve said before, if someone can’t get past the two finger grip just use a $7 extension and you have a better overall package. For a smaller male or female who needs a thinner CCW, I still recommend a Shield over the 43s.

It's the only pistol I've ever owned two of. (Considering just how small the roster of my "arsenal" is, that's saying something about my commitment to the G26 platform.)

My "if you could only have one" gun.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    When they release it, it’s getting a 509T sans irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I would also add a recommendation for the Ivanko Super Gripper.

I've had one for years and it has a boatload of adjustability.

On top of those, consider this: Get a length of pipe from the hardware store, say 3 feet long. Hold it out like you're a fencer and it's a sword, and rotate it up and down at the wrist as long as you can. That exercise builds forearm muscles I didn't even know I had. It's also good for shoulder endurance.

User Tag List