Page 86 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    @GAP @blues & any others
    Holsters
    For those of you who prefer the 26 at 3-4 what holsters are you using?
    For those of you running AIWB Im a little confused Ive seen mention of the George a couple times. Is this a departure from an AIWB you normally use for other guns 🙋*♂️ 🤷*♂️
    Is the 26 going to be harder to find a holster for carry at appendix?
    I only carry the G26 AIWB unless I'm at the range qualifying with the sheriff's office...so I can't provide any good info other than people seem to love Tony's IWB #3, I believe.

The "George" is one of Tony's AIWB holsters. It's a little slimmer in profile, (less waistline bulge), in comparison with the AIWB model. I have one in G19 size that works great for the 26.

Otherwise, I primarily carry AIWB with one of my two DSG Orions in G17 size, regardless of which Glock I carry.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

For OWB, the Perun.
    For AIWB DSG,JMCK, or MasterMind in G19 or 17 length.
    Don't know about IWB. I don't carry that way.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    @GAP @blues & any others
    Holsters
    For those of you who prefer the 26 at 3-4 what holsters are you using?
    For those of you running AIWB Im a little confused Ive seen mention of the George a couple times. Is this a departure from an AIWB you normally use for other guns 🙋*♂️ 🤷*♂️
    Is the 26 going to be harder to find a holster for carry at appendix?
    Go with a Glock 19 length holster - it is noticeably more comfortable and brings the grip into your body better.

For 3-4 o clock go with JM Custom IWB3 with the metal clip or pull the dot loops. If I carry on my hip I use pull the dot loops because I straddle my side belt loop.. can’t do that with a clip.

For appendix, JM Custom George or Tenicor Velo are my picks. On the JM I use a small wedge that I place horizontally with the thickest part facing toward the middle of my body. The Tenicor has a plastic molded wedge.. I prefer this slicker design, but it is not for everyone.

#MeToo

26.5 all day, every day. EDC 95% of the time in a G19 length JM IWB #3 w/15deg cant. I started with PTD loops and straddling the side belt loop, but now prefer the DCC Monoblock metal clip riding just behind the belt loop.

When max concealment is needed, I use a JM standard AIWB with a small wedge, also G19 length with DCC Monoblock.

Someone else will find the amazon link quicker that I will, but I cannot recommend the @GAP tape hack strongly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    #MeToo

26.5 all day, every day. EDC 95% of the time in a G19 length JM IWB #3 w/15deg cant. I started with PTD loops and straddling the side belt loop, but now prefer the DCC Monoblock metal clip riding just behind the belt loop.

When max concealment is needed, I use a JM standard AIWB with a small wedge, also G19 length with DCC Monoblock.

Someone else will find the amazon link quicker that I will, but I cannot recommend the @GAP tape hack strongly enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I like the 26 and slimline Glocks. Something that jumps out at me whenever I use my G26, is how the shorter grip makes it harder to draw, reload, and hang onto the pistol. Do you dedicated 26 users worry about hanging onto that short grip with wet, cold and/or tired hands, or do you use longer magazines?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I like the 26 and slimline Glocks. Something that jumps out at me whenever I use my G26, is how the shorter grip makes it harder to draw, reload, and hang onto the pistol. Do you dedicated 26 users worry about hanging onto that short grip with wet, cold and/or tired hands, or do you use longer magazines?
    Flush magazine but I have been using the 3M Safety Walk tape for a while. Since it’s designed to be used outdoors, I notice that my traction is still very good even when my hands are wet/sweaty.

The +2 from Pearce or OEM work well and still give a nice concealment bonus since the rear of the grip isn’t there like on a G19.

I am fairly sure everyone reloads with a G19 mag for a no pinch reload.

Name:  E687F221-A61F-45B1-BBA6-8218ED9F95FA.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  92.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Flush magazine but I have been using the 3M Safety Walk tape for a while. Since it’s designed to be used outdoors, I notice that my traction is still very good even when my hands are wet/sweaty.

The +2 from Pearce or OEM work well and still give a nice concealment bonus since the rear of the grip isn’t there like on a G19.

I am fairly sure everyone reloads with a G19 mag for a no pinch reload.

Name:  E687F221-A61F-45B1-BBA6-8218ED9F95FA.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  92.7 KB
    Carry with a flush magazine for concealment, reload with a regular longer magazine (no attachments or grip extenders) for improved manipulation ability and no-pinch of the shooting hand fingers.

I’ve been using a Hogue rubber grip sleeve for a few months to evaluate whether or not I like it. I have big hands, so the added girth is workable. Jury is still out on whether it will stick around, though.

For those interested, here is a comparison between:
    10 round OEM, +2 Pearce, +2 OEM, G19

Name:  2B7F15A1-1A4B-427B-82C6-151CFD130A38.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  40.6 KB

Stupid question time:

Does this grip tape have adhesive on the back of it?

User Tag List