Page 30 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I've cooled off a little over the weekend and want to like the gun. I love the size.

All stoppages save for one was from the 17 mag. It's a known good mag.

Why would it fail more with that mag?
    Purely conjecture, but looking around online I found more than a couple folks stating the 26 might be a bit over sprung,
    they use the same rsa in the 27 and 33.

So maybe, you were seeing a combination of lack of slide velocity + either a too weak/ or strong mag spring in the 17, causing timing issues. Or maybe there’s enough play in the longer mag that you to force it into the slide and slow things down just enough to not work?

Site Supporter

Glock 26 Gen 5

From looking at the photo m2 posted, It looks like the slide has the round pushed flat against the barrel feed ramp.

I think the g26 slide is running too fast for the g17 mag spring. The mag is not pushing the cartridge up fast enough to get the cartridge in front of the breechface. As the slide closes on the cartridge being pushed up the cartridge gets trapped on the barrel feed ramp. Mostly happens with the last couple of cartridges in the mag.

The g17 mag works in a g17 pistol because the g17 slide velocity is slower and travels past the mag opening farther giving the g17 mag spring more time to push the cartridge up.

My g27 with g22 mags with the last couple of cartridges (3 or less) does this frequently. I have seen other g27 have the same stoppage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by serialsolver; 01-19-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Most of the malfunctions I've seen with the G26/G27 size Glocks have come from running the full size magazines in them. I've seen it mostly with Glock 22 mags in Glock 27s.We used to issue both pistols and the malfunctions were somewhat consistent with the full size mags in subcompact guns while on the range.

I agree with others who've pointed to it possibly being a slide velocity issue.

I picked up a Gen 5 Glock 26 in March, 2019 to replace a Gen 4. I haven't had issues with multiple ammo types. I've only shot G26 and G19 mags. I would try G26 mags and see if the malfunctions continue.

I've cooled off a little over the weekend and want to like the gun. I love the size.

All stoppages save for one was from the 17 mag. It's a known good mag.

Why would it fail more with that mag?
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    From looking at the photo m2 posted, It looks like the slide has the round pushed flat against the barrel feed ramp.

I think the g26 slide is running too fast for the g17 mag spring. The mag is not pushing the cartridge up fast enough to get the cartridge in front of the breechface. As the slide closes on the cartridge being pushed up the cartridge gets trapped on the barrel feed ramp. Mostly happens with the last couple of cartridges in the mag.

The g17 mag works in a g17 pistol because the g17 slide velocity is slower and travels past the mag opening farther giving the g17 mag spring more time to push the cartridge up.

My g27 with g22 mags with the last couple of cartridges (3 or less) does this frequently. I have seen other g27 have the same stoppage.

Really good explanation that makes sense to me.

M2, try G26 flat mags exclusively the next time you go out and see. I am curious to hear how it goes. I went back out today and just ran another 250 rounds through 10 different Glock 26 OEM Mags without any issues. I hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    Are you having the stoppage with the 17 mag full or almost empty?

It was all through the mag.

I'm going to shoot it a bunch this week and see what it does.

Makes me even more appreciative of my 19 (and 19X) chopped to take 26 magazines.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Makes me even more appreciative of my 19 (and 19X) chopped to take 26 magazines.

That's probably the way to go.

I have a strong preference for the 17 over the 19, and both of my 19 size guns are chopped 17s. I've been carrying one off and on for 13 years.

Mine has front serrations and was ordered from Glock two weeks ago.

No breechface cut like my 17 has.
    As near as I can tell, the breech face notch became standardized somewhere in the B-range of serial numbers. I have 2 19 MOSs, BLTxxxx and BLZxxxx, both of which have the notch, while every A series 19 I’ve seen did not. I have not seen any B series G26s yet to see if they have the notch. The two 26 FCS guns I’ve seen were A series, and had no notch.

I talked to the Glock tech guys at SHOT. They are expecting the notch to become standard across the 9mm line. For the 26 specifically they said they probably won’t reprogram the machines solely for the notch, but next time they’re in the code they think they’ll add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I talked to the Glock tech guys at SHOT. They are expecting the notch to become standard across the 9mm line. For the 26 specifically they said they probably won’t reprogram the machines solely for the notch, but next time they’re in the code they think they’ll add it.
    Thanks for that.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List