Page 50 of 187 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Mine are Gen5 orange followers NO rattle with 12 124 GD or 124 HST.
    They do not rattle with 124 ball either.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    Mine are Gen5 orange followers NO rattle with 12 124 GD or 124 HST.
    They do not rattle with 124 ball either.
    I'd read that in some cases the issue is round related. I have 124s but 147 is my preference.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I've been reading the G26 Gen 5 thread and it has me considering one. I don't need one but it may be useful when my G19 is a bit too big. I'm selling my G29 so I "need" something to replace it. I wanted a shotgun for 3 Gun but who knows if I'll ever be able to participate in 3 Gun again.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've had a G19 since 1988 but my G26 (since 1995) has been my most carried Glock by far, on and off duty, and especially since retirement. I don't think you'd be disappointed. And as I say, you can add a 642-1 and still not spend much more than the M&P. Not that I'd try to twist your arm.
    I jumped over here to keep from derailing the 340 thread.

I have always been concerned about not having a place for my pinky on the G26, but reading this thread it seems many say it doesn't cause any issues. Plus, these days there are the factory 12 round magazines. I sent an email to my LGS to see if they have any G26 Gen 5's in stock and are they offering the Blue Label pricing to veterans again this year.
    I'm wondering if a G26 will replace my G19. We'll see.
    --Jason--

G26 10+2 mag rattle.
    I just bump the baseplate against my knee every few rounds as I'm loading the mag and it almost always takes the rattle out.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    G26 10+2 mag rattle.
    I just bump the baseplate against my knee every few rounds as I'm loading the mag and it almost always takes the rattle out.
    I tried all the old tricks but none worked with the HST 147. That said, I've not had the OEM 12 previous, but both mags the same regardless of employing the tried and true. Downloading by one worked, so I'm good with that for now.

Just have to avoid having a Dirty Harry moment, "now did I fire..."

My local Glock pusher has a Gen5 G26 in stock. According to them, it does have the new breechface notch. Looks like I’ll be heading over Saturday morning to pick it up. Then I’ll order up some Ameriglos. Love those green fronts.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I need to pick one up if they’re finally doing the notch on the 26. I have a 43X that I really like as well, but I think a milled 26 would give more dot options.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    ...I have always been concerned about not having a place for my pinky on the G26, but reading this thread it seems many say it doesn't cause any issues. Plus, these days there are the factory 12 round magazines...
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I randomly came across this article, it may help those who struggle with the two-finger grip.

https://www.tridentconcepts.com/2015...r-firing-grip/
    I've adopted GAP's idea of the G26 as my year round edc, so for the last 7mos I've dedicated all of my carry, practice and range time solely to the G26. During that time, I'd bet I've thought of the linked Jeff Gonzales article above pretty much every time I've gripped my G26. I used to be unconcerned and lazy about where my pinky ended up and now I reflexively make damn sure it's tightly curled under the magazine and touching my palm and it has noticeably improved my performance.

I don't currently own any 12rd mags as they all got traded away a few years ago with my last 26.3 and now I'm not sure I even care. Concealment, both tucked and untucked, is my primary motivator in carrying the 26.5 over one of my G19's, especially IWB. Maybe I'll pick up some OEM 12's if/when my medical malady is solved and I can carry AIWB again. Until then, I'm quite content to carry a 10rd mag with a 15rd reload and of course, my improved kung-fu grip.

I do intend to try out one of the CBP's 11rd 'flush' fit mags when I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I tried all the old tricks but none worked with the HST 147. That said, I've not had the OEM 12 previous, but both mags the same regardless of employing the tried and true. Downloading by one worked, so I'm good with that for now.

Just have to avoid having a Dirty Harry moment, "now did I fire..."
    Are the mags new? I just checked my 12 rounder loaded with 147 HST and there's no rattle. Maybe the spring just needs to break in or something.

I'm trying to figure out where the 26 fits for me right now. Don't get me wrong, it's a great subcompact, I'm just not sure if I'm in a place where a subcompact fits my needs. For the NPE I spend the most time in, it's too big. It prints in a smart carry for me because of the width, and I'm not even going to try it in the pocket or on the ankle. I'm back to j-frame in the pocket there, and that seems to be the best solution for me balancing access and concealment.

The rest of my life I can dress how I want, and it's not much more burden to carry the 17 in a good AIWB holster vs the 26. I don't go anywhere with magazine limits, so I don't really need a "travel gun" either. It's a good gun and it works, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Are the mags new? I just checked my 12 rounder loaded with 147 HST and there's no rattle. Maybe the spring just needs to break in or something.

I'm trying to figure out where the 26 fits for me right now. Don't get me wrong, it's a great subcompact, I'm just not sure if I'm in a place where a subcompact fits my needs. For the NPE I spend the most time in, it's too big. It prints in a smart carry for me because of the width, and I'm not even going to try it in the pocket or on the ankle. I'm back to j-frame in the pocket there, and that seems to be the best solution for me balancing access and concealment.

The rest of my life I can dress how I want, and it's not much more burden to carry the 17 in a good AIWB holster vs the 26. I don't go anywhere with magazine limits, so I don't really need a "travel gun" either. It's a good gun and it works, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it right now.
    Brand spankin' new Gen5 OEM 12 round magazines. No worries, I'm okay with downloading by one. Later, if no rattle, even better.

Personally, I wouldn't try to talk you into a 26 unless it made the kind of sense for you and your circumstances that it makes for me. Glock's a Glock. If one or another fit lifestyle or circumstances better, then they are better.

User Tag List