Page 173 of 189 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    Thanks! I had not looked at these before. For some reason I thought they were Dawson, and could not find them on their website.
    I am pretty sure these are made in China. That said, they seem like a good product, well packaged, with appropriate screws.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter

My favorite Glock

Name:  IMG_8798.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  41.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Show off
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Why do I want this so bad?

They spelled USA wrong on that one. (Actually, in the image it almost looks like Austria was spelled wrong.)

Love the 26.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have not read this entire thread but I've read a lot of it and trying to keep up. The gen3 26 was my first pistol I purchased over a decade ago as my do-it-all pistol and it served that purpose for only a short time as it was my gateway drug to the 17 and 19 (so much for only needing one pistol). I then got the 43 and it was good for the role I wanted it - ultra concealment and have a gun on me and not feel like I have a gun on me. I primarily ccw'd the 19 and the 43 depending on situation. However, given the times we live in, I've been contemplating a larger capacity micro-9 that is easier to shoot than the 43.

I pulled out my old 26 that's been in retirement for some time and the second I picked it up - I was like "man that feels good in the hand, why does this feel like it locks my hand in so different than the 19 and 26? They are all gen 3 and they all have finger grooves. I did back-to-back comparisons with gen 3 17, 19, and 26 and I think its the hump. I put them all upside down on a desk on their sights and lined them up by the back of the slide plate and eyeballed it...the hump is HUGE in that area compared to the others. I don't hear this really talked about - does anyone else notice that the hump really locks their hand in? I need to get to the range and shoot this thing to verify but it feels good in dryfire.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I pulled out my old 26 that's been in retirement for some time and the second I picked it up - I was like "man that feels good in the hand, why does this feel like it locks my hand in so different than the 19 and 26? They are all gen 3 and they all have finger grooves. I did back-to-back comparisons with gen 3 17, 19, and 26 and I think its the hump. I put them all upside down on a desk on their sights and lined them up by the back of the slide plate and eyeballed it...the hump is HUGE in that area compared to the others. I don't hear this really talked about - does anyone else notice that the hump really locks their hand in? I need to get to the range and shoot this thing to verify but it feels good in dryfire.
    I notice the opposite: My RTF2 G17 locks in a bit better (and a bit lower in the hand) than my G26s (Mod1 and Gen4). I just chalk it up to the longer grip allowing more leverage.

Would it be technically possible to create a flush or almost flush fit mag that holds more than the stock 10 rounds? I’m thinking something like what shield arms did with the g43x
    Last edited by hk45; 08-12-2023 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    Would it be technically possible to create a flush or almost flush fit mag that holds more than the stock 10 rounds? I’m thinking something like what shield arms did with the g43x
    Doubt it. The reason the Shield Arms and PSA mag concepts work is because the OEM mag is one of the stack-and-a-half ones. It’s just thicker than it needs to be because it’s a polymer-coated metal design. Shield Arms just made an all metal, traditional double stack mag that’s the same external width as the OEM one but with more internal space. The G26 already uses a doublestack magazine. The only way to add capacity is to make the magazine longer.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I have not read this entire thread but I've read a lot of it and trying to keep up. The gen3 26 was my first pistol I purchased over a decade ago as my do-it-all pistol and it served that purpose for only a short time as it was my gateway drug to the 17 and 19 (so much for only needing one pistol). I then got the 43 and it was good for the role I wanted it - ultra concealment and have a gun on me and not feel like I have a gun on me. I primarily ccw'd the 19 and the 43 depending on situation. However, given the times we live in, I've been contemplating a larger capacity micro-9 that is easier to shoot than the 43.

I do find the hump helpful with the 2 finger grip.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List