Page 27 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

One failure with a 10 round, the rest with a 17.

The only dark clouds come with Glock 19s and 26s.

Beretta, Sig, HK, 1911, fullsize Glocks in 9,40,45... I go for tens of thousands without a bobble. World renown G19&26? NEVER had one run like anything I would bet my life on.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I love the size of the 26 for a little owb gun. But no luck with 26s. Ever.

Brand new 26.5 with front serrations.

Dribbled brass all over me, FTeject, bolt override. Death grip to rule out limp wrist, ejected to left, front, straight back.

Ammo is AE 124 from a lot # that runs all my other guns perfectly.

Remembering the gen4 brass to face/erratic ejection threads some years back, Randy Lee from Apex stated that he saw more issues from people on the opposite ends of the mass spectrum (smaller lighter people, and bigger heavier). It seemed the persons ability to impart a death grip on the gun, thus alleviating limp wristing, was irrelevant.
    Last edited by Doublestack45; 01-18-2020 at 04:33 PM.
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    Remembering the gen4 brass to face/erratic ejection threads some years back, Randy Lee from Apex stared that he saw more issues from people on the opposite ends of the mass spectrum (smaller lighter people, and bigger heavier). It seemed the persons ability to impart a death grip on the gun, thus alleviating limp wristing, was irrelevant.

That indicates that the gun is a poorly engineered pile of shit.

I've tried and can't make my 17s and 34s have a stoppage or even really change the ejection pattern by a firmer or looser grip, to even shooting them with just two fingers.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 01-18-2020 at 04:18 PM.

@M2CattleCo, I've returned two Glocks to Mother over the past 30 years or so. Had good results each time. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 01-18-2020 at 05:54 PM.

I het along great with 17s and 34s, and even 43s, but have never had a good experience with a 19 or 26.

This one acted exactly like the last Gen4 19 I ran in a three day class back in 2016. 1200 rounds fired and 1200 cases bounced off of my face or some other part of my body.

I literally threw that gun in the trash when I got home and it's in the landfill somewhere now.

https://exorcismus.org/how-to-find-an-exorcist-priest/

Seriously.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

It ain't my fault Glocks smaller than a 17 are junk.

I had one of the first Glock 26's sold in the state on New Mexico (bought the very first one that one of the largest stocking dealers in the state received from his distributor).
    I currently have 3 of them. My original 1996 vintage, another purchased as a spare around Y2K and a Gen5 purchased when they first came out.
    The only issue I ever had out of the three was when I squib bulged the barrel on the OG'96 (Glock replaced the barrel no charge and paid for shipping both ways).
    The barrel bulged about an inch from the muzzle, it had three or four 1/2" splits in the bulged area and the slide was bound up tight on the bulge but other than that there was zero damage.
    I flat out love my 26's. The Gen5 in particular has been a freaking laser.
    I cannot remember a single person complaining about 26 reliability... ever. And I know a lot of serious shooters with 26's.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

M2CattleCo, don't throw this one in the trash ….. I'll give you a couple of hundred dollars for that turd.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

That indicates that the gun is a poorly engineered pile of shit.

I've tried and can't make my 17s and 34s have a stoppage or even really change the ejection pattern by a firmer or looser grip, to even shooting them with just two fingers.
    Benefits of longer cycling and little bit extra weight. No matter the design engineering - bigger models are less finicky to spring strength/fatigue, grip, cleanliness, lubrication, ammo choices, etc. Especially at either end of the brand new to very well used scale.

A 500 round 26's RSA thrown into your pistol it might easily run regular FMJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    Remembering the gen4 brass to face/erratic ejection threads some years back, Randy Lee from Apex stated that he saw more issues from people on the opposite ends of the mass spectrum (smaller lighter people, and bigger heavier). It seemed the persons ability to impart a death grip on the gun, thus alleviating limp wristing, was irrelevant.
    That's actually interesting as I'm kinda small at 5'7" 140 or so. But lack of strength has never been a problem with me.

User Tag List