Page 110 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Yeah I’m hesitant to mess with the spring too. Would hate to blow it up.

I can’t make a 43 choke, but these 26s, this is #3 in this saga, are tough to shoot. I’ve never seen anything like it.

It’s a dang shame too because I can slow-fire a 26 better than any other handgun.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Weird. My 2x Gen 3 G26s have literally never malfunctioned, ever. Roughly 3.5k rounds between the two of them. That isn't true of all of my other 9mm glocks.

I hate to be "that guy" but is the female in question small? Lacking in grip strength? Poor shooting form? Could be a classic case of limp wristing (in her hands). You say you can induce malfunctions... is that by purposely "limp wristing"?

If it doesn't do it with carry ammo, but does with "weak" range ammo, maybe it just needs a bit of a break in. Glocks used to have pretty loose slide to frame fit, but all of my Gen5 guns have quite a bit more "drag" on the slide, by feel, than previous generation guns. I have yet to make any of my Gen5 guns jam (a couple thousand rounds between 4 guns), but I also don't yet have a 26.5. They really should not require a break in, so I can understand the frustration.

My USA made 26.5 has a really tight slide to frame fit. In fact, when I took the slide off the first time, I double checked to make sure I had dropped the striker. It was that tight. My HK USP and P2000 aren’t that tight.

My early Gen5 (sans FS and breech cut) has had no malfunctions of any kind-just like all my other glocks.

Site Supporter
    My Gen 2.5/3 have not had any stoppages that I can recall that were the fault of the gun. Had a bad lot of ammo some time ago. My G5 gags like a kid eating overcooked asparagus when using Magpul mags.

I suspect those G26 stoppages are shooter induced.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I hate to be "that guy" but is the female in question small? Lacking in grip strength? Poor shooting form? Could be a classic case of limp wristing (in her hands). You say you can induce malfunctions... is that by purposely "limp wristing"?

If it doesn't do it with carry ammo, but does with "weak" range ammo, maybe it just needs a bit of a break in. Glocks used to have pretty loose slide to frame fit, but all of my Gen5 guns have quite a bit more "drag" on the slide, by feel, than previous generation guns. I have yet to make any of my Gen5 guns jam (a couple thousand rounds between 4 guns), but I also don't yet have a 26.5. They really should not require a break in, so I can understand the frustration.

They’re definitely shooter induced. Everyone shooting them is plenty strong and has good form, but good form won’t run the gun. It has to be perfect form. Like PERFECT.

You could say it runs, but I wouldn’t bet on it in a high stress situation.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    After reading your preceding post I’d get rid of the 26 and get a 19. If it doesn’t run or can be made to choke on demand I would send it down the road. No way I’d bet my life on that 26. Why waste expensive ammo on it? I’ve got a 26.5 and it’s been flawless. One of my favorite pistols to shoot. Good luck on whatever path you choose to go down.
    I'm definitely in this camp, but would say "get something else". There are plenty of good choices, and at this point I can't see how any of you would be confident in this gun.

I faced a similar (but not identical) situation when I purchased a G48. After many(!) boringly-reliable Gen3 G19s, I was getting malfunctions with the G48. In the case of my G48 they're not repeatable...they just 'occur' ever now and again. All of them are among the documented idiosyncrasies of the G48, and likely due to that model seeming to prefer ammo that keeps slide velocity in a certain range.

I recently purchased a Gen5 G19...~200 rounds down the pipe and it's like "yep; it's a Glock". After ~1,000 through the G48 I can't make the same statement.

Good luck however you proceed.

-Rainman

@M2CattleCo

We've got plenty of small framed female agents, and I've never noticed this to be "just something they do" or however you put it.

3 examples in a row (1 original gun, 2 replacement guns), more than anything I'd be suspicious of what's happening to gun after it leaves the FFL.

But, yeah, if they can't make it run then regardless it needs to go.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Nothing is done to the guns, just a few drops of libe and that’s it.

Something is going on because Glock has replaced two of them.

I’m gonna hang on to it and shoot it more. It should be broke-in by now. It has 1K through it.

User Tag List