Page 188 of 189 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189 LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Site Supporter
    Some where in the last 187 pages it was mentioned the +2 extension may cause you to pull down and why doesn't someone make an extension that angles out(I think an HK was the example). I saw the Pearce Grip Glock Gen 4&5 grip extension for G17, 19(PG-19G5) and thought it may work. It doesn't; If I did some JCN'ing I could make it work.
    Name:  20240405_191323.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  102.7 KBName:  20240405_191333.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  79.2 KB
    Name:  20240405_191348.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  42.1 KB
    Name:  20240405_191413.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  44.1 KB
    --Jason--

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Oh this forum....I certainly hope at least one of my kids will want to go to a community college...

I found a 26 MOS slide and it is on the way. Now I just need to find a 26.5 in California.

I have always shot the 26 very well and am excited to shoot the Gen 5 version. If everything comes together, I will replace my 43x on my permit with this gun.

I shoot the bigger guns better and luckily can conceal them well.

Glad to hear the magpul 12 rounders are working. This might work!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Some where in the last 187 pages it was mentioned the +2 extension may cause you to pull down and why doesn't someone make an extension that angles out(I think an HK was the example). I saw the Pearce Grip Glock Gen 4&5 grip extension for G17, 19(PG-19G5) and thought it may work. It doesn't; If I did some JCN'ing I could make it work.
    Name:  20240405_191323.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  102.7 KBName:  20240405_191333.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  79.2 KB
    Name:  20240405_191348.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  42.1 KB
    Name:  20240405_191413.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  44.1 KB
    I don’t know who might’ve said that the factory +2 extension might cause you to “pull down” but that is nonsense.

The type of extensions you’re talking about which “angle out” are not a bad thing, just like a similar protrusion on a Magwell, it may help with tracking and return of the gun when firing multiple shots. But it’s not going to fix the grip or anticipation issues which actually “push shots down.”

If you don’t want to increase capacity NDZ makes a “pinkie” floor plate that fits Gen 5 Glocks.

https://ndzperformance.com/ndz-glock...lk26-mpf-at-v/
    Last edited by HCM; 04-06-2024 at 10:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don’t know who might’ve said that the factory +2 extension might cause you to “pull down” but that is nonsense.

The type of extensions you’re talking about which “angle out” are not a bad thing, just like a similar protrusion on a Magwell, it may help with tracking and return of the gun when firing multiple shots. But it’s not going to fix the grip or anticipation issues which actually “push shots down.”
    Good to know.
    I'll look and see if I can find the post, I may have misremembered.

Found it:
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I think the rear hump was designed specifically for the two finger grip. It keeps your wrist locked in a strong, upright angle. The current pinky extensions are designed to follow the same line as the front of the grip. If you put your pinky on them the hump is in the way and forces your grip to point down. I think they could fix it if they were designed like the HK extensions on the P2000SK. The HK extensions extend forward a bit and I think that might keep you from pointing down.

I do not have the same problem with the G19, so I can conclude that it is the larger hump on the G26.
    I said "pull down" but should have said "point down".
    Last edited by Blades; 04-07-2024 at 05:16 PM.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    The 12 round Magpul G26 mags work fine in generations 2.5 and 3.
    I’ve got 2 that I have a few hundred rounds through with a 26.5 with no issues.

Jason

I may have to give the magpuls another try. My early batch 12 rounders gave feeding issues in both Gen 4 and my Gen 5 26. 15 rounders and the 19 rounder gave no such issues .

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I lucked out and found a 26.5 for a reasonable price in CA and I will be able to pick it up on the 19th. One nice thing about living in CA is that it takes about three years for Off Roster guns to become readily available. This means the most of the bugs have been worked out. I am very excited to give this a go.

When the 26 was first introduced I was working in a gun store. A good customer of mine, who also worked for Customs in the LA Harbor showed me his that he was able to obtain before they were released to the general public. I was in awe as there weren't any real compact 9mms back then. We had the Firestar, the compact Beretta 92 (which was not really that compact), some Smith models and that was about it. We were a Glock Master Dealer so I immediately called our rep and put in an order. He was a bit mystified how I knew about the gun before its release, but shipped us a few out of the first batch. I have not been without a 26 or 27 since then.

I am excited to give this one a good wringing out.

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    I may have to give the magpuls another try. My early batch 12 rounders gave feeding issues in both Gen 4 and my Gen 5 26. 15 rounders and the 19 rounder gave no such issues .
    Magpuls seem to be hit or miss. I had more than 10 of the 15 and 17 rounders that wouldn't work worth a damn...stoppage every round or two. The 12 and 21 round mags have been good for me, although the 21 rounders have started to lose spring tension and suffer stoppages.

The bigger problem is that Magpul did not respond at all over multiple attempts to rectify the issue with the 15 and 17 round mags, either when using the contact form, emailing the GL9 product manager, or PMing him here.

So, fuck them.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I lucked out and found a 26.5 for a reasonable price in CA and I will be able to pick it up on the 19th. One nice thing about living in CA is that it takes about three years for Off Roster guns to become readily available. This means the most of the bugs have been worked out. I am very excited to give this a go.

When the 26 was first introduced I was working in a gun store. A good customer of mine, who also worked for Customs in the LA Harbor showed me his that he was able to obtain before they were released to the general public. I was in awe as there weren't any real compact 9mms back then. We had the Firestar, the compact Beretta 92 (which was not really that compact), some Smith models and that was about it. We were a Glock Master Dealer so I immediately called our rep and put in an order. He was a bit mystified how I knew about the gun before its release, but shipped us a few out of the first batch. I have not been without a 26 or 27 since then.

I am excited to give this one a good wringing out.
    I still remember the first 26 and 27 I handled. In 1995 we were in Sioux Falls, SD for vacation and stopped in a local store that had just gotten them. Despite serious wantsies it took until 2015 for me to finally get a 33, and until the Gen5s to get a 26 and 27.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List