Page 121 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Out of curiosity, why all the hubub about the 26 MOS? If someone disagrees I'd love to hear why but direct mounting is superior in every to the MOS cut and there are plenty of reputable places who will cut a 26 slide with whatever cut and sight configuration your heart desires for a very reasonable amount of money and very reasonable turnaround times... What quality does the MOS have aside from saving a few bucks?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Peart View Post
    Out of curiosity, why all the hubub about the 26 MOS? If someone disagrees I'd love to hear why but direct mounting is superior in every to the MOS cut and there are plenty of reputable places who will cut a 26 slide with whatever cut and sight configuration your heart desires for a very reasonable amount of money and very reasonable turnaround times... What quality does the MOS have aside from saving a few bucks?
    You can change your optic is probably the best reason for MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Peart View Post
    IMO, futureproofing. I decided direct milling was my preference, I only have one MOS Glock.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I decided on TypeII RMRs and had my slides milled.

If something I like better comes along I’ll buy a few stripped slides and start over.

I do agree that milling your slide is better as it is a perfect fit for your chosen optic and it sits slightly lower on the slide making some factory sights usable without buying something else. Only reason I see to use the MOS gun is in case you did not like the rmr game (after you jumped into it) and wanted to go back to a standard slide or you think you may want to sell your gun in the future. Much easier to sell an MOS factory gun without the optic of your choosing than to try and sell it with the one you picked out and your buyer not liking it. I have both a G19 with milled on RMR and a G19 MOS with CH plate, both have Trijicon RMR's on them. The milled version does sit lower in the slide is basically it. I still put on the suppressor height sights on both though.

As WA residents are staring down the very real possibility of a 12-rd capacity limit I hope the 26 MOS arrives soon.

I’m holding out for the MOS edition as my astigmatism will probably result in buying and returning a few dots.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

The new Holosun direct MOS mount RDS will definitely put more demand out there for a 26 MOS. I’m surprised we haven’t seen an announcement from SHOT.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The new Holosun direct MOS mount RDS will definitely put more demand out there for a 26 MOS. I’m surprised we haven’t seen an announcement from SHOT.
    I haven't heard of this? Do you have any details on it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman514 View Post
    I haven't heard of this? Do you have any details on it?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ts-MOS-cut-out
    --Jason--

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    I’m a factory option kinda guy so Ill stay with the MOS.
    I also might be the only person in the world that prefers the optic up a bit. I shoot a bit heads up after a couple shoulder surgery’s and cant roll my support wrist anymore after having it rebuilt so that little bit of height on the RMR is actually a comfortable bonus for me. And ill be quite honest…modifications and customizations tend to de-rail my particular version of OCD, there I said it!
    I sold my milled G26.5 the day the slide came back from Jagerwerks and am perfectly happy waiting for the 26 MOS to try the little gun again.

User Tag List