Page 119 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1862

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I’ve got all my Glocks setup with the same Ameriglo’s that I’ve recommended for years.

Carry ammo with G26 is Federal 147gr HST and G19 gets 124gr +p Speer Gold Dot.

Sight picture is drive the dot with a 25 yard zero. I experimented with different heights and rear sight widths. This combo provides speed and good accuracy with optimal light (IMO) between the front and rear sights. My belief is that the .180” width rears are too wide for the kind of accuracy I expect at 25+ yards.

GL-146R | Green Tritium, blacked out rear .256 height .150 notch

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-146r

GL-212T-180-ORC | Green Tritium Orange Outline FRONT .180 H .125 W

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-212t-180-orc
    GAP, you think this exact setup would work on the 43x? Did not know if you tried one of thoise yet? I have the 19, 26 and 43x models to ccw is why I ask. Thanks for all your time and effort explaining these things.

Site Supporter
    I believe the front will work but you will need a rear specific to the 42/43/43x/48.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ameriglo-im...LO-Catalog.pdf
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    GAP, you think this exact setup would work on the 43x? Did not know if you tried one of thoise yet? I have the 19, 26 and 43x models to ccw is why I ask. Thanks for all your time and effort explaining these things.
    Same front but this rear is specific to the slim Glocks:

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-895r

They don’t appear to have a .150 width rear but .165 should still work well.

Thanks guys, just qualified with my 26 gen5 and shot a perfect score on the OPOTA quals which are basically easy but none the less. The 26 is a winner again...

Wish I could post pics on here like i used to be able to!!!!!!
    Last edited by Eagle1*; 01-07-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    Thanks guys, just qualified with my 26 gen5 and shot a perfect score on the OPOTA quals which are basically easy but none the less. The 26 is a winner again...

Wish I could post pics on here like i used to be able to!!!!!!
    I use Imgur.
    --Jason--

I finally said screw it, and bought a 26.5... now Glock is 1000% sure to announce the 26.5 MOS within the week. AND I spent my RMR money on a YHM .22 rimfire can. Oops. Dealer might as well have been slinging meth... my pockets are empty now.

I did notice this new one only came with the medium and large beavertail backstraps. Seems like this is a new thing, but its already been discussed here IIRC. I might see if I can hunt up a set of the plain versions.

I may have to swipe a Gadget from one of my other less carried guns as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I finally said screw it, and bought a 26.5... now Glock is 1000% sure to announce the 26.5 MOS within the week. AND I spent my RMR money on a YHM .22 rimfire can. Oops. Dealer might as well have been slinging meth... my pockets are empty now.

I did notice this new one only came with the medium and large beavertail backstraps. Seems like this is a new thing, but its already been discussed here IIRC. I might see if I can hunt up a set of the plain versions.

Thanks for taking one for the team! I thought the same when I bought a second 26.5 to have direct milled, but the gods weren’t watching that day.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hope you enjoy it. I carry mine anytime I'm away from the house.

Are you saying the only backstraps it came with are of the beavertail variety? Odd. Mine came with both styles, as I installed the medium to make the grip match my older Gen Glocks. (I believe I purchased mine, (Blue Label), in May of 2020.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Hope you enjoy it. I carry mine anytime I'm away from the house.

Are you saying the only backstraps it came with are of the beavertail variety? Odd. Mine came with both styles, as I installed the medium to make the grip match my older Gen Glocks. (I believe I purchased mine, (Blue Label), in May of 2020.)
    Yes, it came with only two, both beavertail, I'm assuming medium and large, but I have not opened the bag they came in. There is the longer pin for use with the backstraps, and a smaller tool for pushing that pin, but it is not incorporated into a "holder" for all the backstraps, like all of my previous Gen 4 or Gen 5 guns. In the past I haven't used them, but I'm currently experimenting with a cut down non-beavertail on my 19. I may see if that hunk of backstrap will fit on the 26 frame before I worry more about finding a 26 specific set. I may not even use them.

It's not a deal breaker, and I trust the dealer I bought from to not pilfer accessories from the boxes of guns he sells. This was a fresh gun from his back room, and not from the display case. I vaguely remember seeing a discussion here, or elsewhere on the internet, about the newest 26's only coming with two backstraps, post pandemic. The Glock online store shows the full set of four available for $16. I suspect if I called and asked, they may send me the other two, or another full set.

I had been waiting/debating to see when Glock would bring the 26.5 MOS model out (I suspect we may hear about that at Shot Show soon)... but between the added cost of the MOS guns, and the cost of a Forward Controls plate, it is almost a was to send it off to be milled for an RMR.

I've been a dedicated Glock 19 guy since the mid 2000's, and can conceal that most of the time without issue, but have wanted a 26 for a long time, to fill in the gaps where I'd like a more capable gun than my J-frame, but the 19 is just a tad too big to conceal easily.

I had been waiting/debating to see when Glock would bring the 26.5 MOS model out (I suspect we may hear about that at Shot Show soon)
    Apologies if already posted, but it's on the EU website here: https://eu.glock.com/en/products/pistols/g26-gen5-mos
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List