Page 52 of 187 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I believe it was Socrates who said, “I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.”

FYI - if you wanted to explore your options the Pearce extensions PG-G42733 are a tad smaller and feel better than the OEM +2.
    Thanks, G. I'm good with what I have at the moment. I can work with either the flush 10 rounders or the OEM 12 11 rounders. It's all good.

I'm a fan of Socrates.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Picked up a Gen 4 G26 in the last cpl of months, great shooting piece.

I believe that it’s already been mentioned but the parts numbers and in-cart item descriptions are messed up for the 0.125” Ameriglo Pro Glo front sights. I contact the company and was told that the parts numbers are correct. If you want a green front, you order the green part number and, even though your cart will show you added the orange front, you will receive the green front.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Team G26 is strong; my 642 is my “when not wearing a belt” companion.

The j-frame is such a great training tool that many overlook.

Attachment 55272
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    @GAP and @blues. Great minds......

Attachment 55290
    Huh. Me, too.

Name:  9C4A9234-31E5-4E3F-9FC8-6582EB3AAF6B.jpeg
Views: 872
Size:  98.9 KB

Site Supporter
    My LGS has G26 Gen 5's and Blue Label pricing for veterans. Just waiting to sell my G29 and I think a G26 will be next.
    --Jason--

I picked up my Gen5 G26 today. It’s a US made one with an AEGG serial number. Question for everyone who has one: what does your muzzle crown look like? The crown on mine does not look like the one on my Gen5 G19s. It’s just a flat crown with a 90 degree edge. I didn’t notice this at the store and only saw it when I field stripped the gun to clean out the factory preservative.
    Name:  6BFF58A4-3052-4D4C-8C94-EE20526B99DA.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  21.0 KB

Is it time to call Glock?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I picked up my Gen5 G26 today. It’s a US made one with an AEGG serial number. Question for everyone who has one: what does your muzzle crown look like? The crown on mine does not look like the one on my Gen5 G19s. It’s just a flat crown with a 90 degree edge. I didn’t notice this at the store and only saw it when I field stripped the gun to clean out the factory preservative.
    Name:  6BFF58A4-3052-4D4C-8C94-EE20526B99DA.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  21.0 KB

Is it time to call Glock?
    Just went and checked mine. It looks like the other Gen5’s, not like yours.

Mine doesn't look like that either, Dan. Mine is 3 digits off of @TC215 's serial number, so probably from the same production batch.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I’ll call Glock on Monday morning then. I wonder if they’ll replace this barrel with a new one or just recrown this barrel. I think having a different serial number on the barrel might bug me a little bit. The full resolution photo actually shows what looks to me like galling at the muzzle crown. The upload came in at a lower resolution and hides some of the ugliness.

Slightly disappointing for my first USA made Glock. The trigger is one of the nicer Gen5 guns I’ve tried, though. Very smooth without any of the grittiness some of them have. Also exhibits practically no play between slide and frame. It feels rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’ll call Glock on Monday morning then. I wonder if they’ll replace this barrel with a new one or just recrown this barrel. I think having a different serial number on the barrel might bug me a little bit. The full resolution photo actually shows what looks to me like galling at the muzzle crown. The upload came in at a lower resolution and hides some of the ugliness.

Slightly disappointing for my first USA made Glock. The trigger is one of the nicer Gen5 guns I’ve tried, though. Very smooth without any of the grittiness some of them have. Also exhibits practically no play between slide and frame. It feels rock solid.
    Does it affect accuracy?

User Tag List