Page 142 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Gen 3 I can confirm since that’s what I have and use Gen 3 and Gen 4 uppers. Pretty sure the Gen 5 would work as well.
    I want to say I assembled mine on a Gen5 26 frame and 19.5 upper, and it seemed to work fine. I did not shoot it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I want to say I assembled mine on a Gen5 26 frame and 19.5 upper, and it seemed to work fine. I did not shoot it.
    And if it doesn't work out, it could be an attractive paperweight.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    With my 43X I would get inconsistent vertical and/or horizontal displacement until I had fully "warmed up" with several draws, the small window 507K took it to another level of inconsistency.
    As soon as I put it aside and shot anything else for more than a few draws I had to start all over again.
    Not what I want to do for a carry pistol.
    Heck, I can switch between a 17 and a J-frame easier than I can to the 43x.

I like the idea of the slimlines, but the execution of the grip just doesn't match my other Glocks.
    I like how the Slimlines carry for me but I'm at my wits' end when it comes to developing consistency with the gun. (I shoot irons.) I've shot almost nothing but the 43X for 14 months but my performance with the gun is extremely erratic despite diligent dry practice and being watched by a coach in live fire. On the other hand, I can pick up a G19 or G17 and turn in much better hits and times, without working as hard. I know the Slimlines are harder to shoot by nature, but this is beyond my capabilities.

Much as I want to love the 43X, as soon as my LGS confirms G26.5 availability, I will make the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    I like how the Slimlines carry for me but I'm at my wits' end when it comes to developing consistency with the gun. (I shoot irons.) I've shot almost nothing but the 43X for 14 months but my performance with the gun is extremely erratic despite diligent dry practice and being watched by a coach in live fire. On the other hand, I can pick up a G19 or G17 and turn in much better hits and times, without working as hard. I know the Slimlines are harder to shoot by nature, but this is beyond my capabilities.

Much as I want to love the 43X, as soon as my LGS confirms G26.5 availability, I will make the switch.
    Are you using any grip enhancements like Talon Grips or just grip tape?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Are you using any grip enhancements like Talon Grips or just grip tape?

Not sure about Carlo’s experience with the grip enhancements but I went down the 43X vs 26 rabbit hole a while ago. My experiences with the 43x was similar to his. I tried the @GAP grip tape mod. It helped some but did not make it satisfactory. I then sent the 43x to my stippler. It made things better but it was still not as consistent as the 26 with the same stipple job. The 26 just locks into my hand better. I suspect it is the width of the grip that makes the difference.

As stated before in this thread, based on grip, commonality with my issued G45, commonality of mags/holsters etc, the 26 > 43x for my general carry purposes.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Not sure about Carlo’s experience with the grip enhancements but I went down the 43X vs 26 rabbit hole a while ago. My experiences with the 43x was similar to his. I tried the @GAP grip tape mod. It helped some but did not make it satisfactory. I then sent the 43x to my stippler. It made things better but it was still not as consistent as the 26 with the same stipple job. The 26 just locks into my hand better. I suspect it is the width of the grip that makes the difference.

As stated before in this thread, based on grip, commonality with my issued G45, commonality of mags/holsters etc, the 26 > 43x for my general carry purposes.
    I've never tried the 43 or 43X but I did own a Shield for a few years. I found it squirmy and after trying grip tape I was never satisfied either. That and owning a Kahr CW9 convinced me that some pistols in 9 mm and up, are just too slim for me to grip effectively.

Along those lines, I ran a G42 at ECQC a few weeks ago, for a variety of disparate reasons. At extension with sighted fire, it was an absolute tack-driver. Pulling back into the #3, however, my groups started to resemble a blunderbuss—and I’ve done this course before, with no issues doing extra-curricular practice using everything from J and K frames, to G19x/17. With the G42, it was appalling.

Fortunately, Craig gave me a few pointers on a break, diagnosing the issues I was having with my grip opening up as I pulled back, and the next set of drills had things back to a playing-card sized group, so that was cool.

But it was a *lot* more work with that little gun than with pretty much everything else I own. There’s just not enough real estate side-to-side on the slimlines to shoot well without extra effort. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I've never tried the 43 or 43X but I did own a Shield for a few years. I found it squirmy and after trying grip tape I was never satisfied either. That and owning a Kahr CW9 convinced me that some pistols in 9 mm and up, are just too slim for me to grip effectively.
    I have a 43. It’s is well stippled and fills a very specific NPE role. I am able to get a consistent grip pretty easily. For general carry needs, the 26 is better by a wide margin.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I have a 43. It’s is well stippled and fills a very specific NPE role. I am able to get a consistent grip pretty easily. For general carry needs, the 26 is better by a wide margin.
    I agree. The G26 in my hands shoots well above what would typically be expected and it stays rock solid during extended strings of fire.

Without wanting to start a new thread. My G26 gen 4 and 5 have been awesome. I find the Gen 5 a bit more picky in terms of my reloads and setup .
    Gen 3 26s are going at a steal and I'm thinking this is a great option for the budget conscience student I'm advising. Any Input on the Gen 3 26 Vs gen 5. There is a substantial difference in price(bearing in mind student budgets).

User Tag List