Page 78 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    I’d recommend doing a lot more reading here, and less posting. And check out the origin of this forum here with various 50,000 round tests of the late founder Todd Green http://pistol-training.com/archives/222
    This

Hey @GAP in a past thread you showed off a jmck gorge with dcc clips for your Glock 26. Was that 19 length and did you have the extra tuck on it?

Thanks
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Hey @GAP in a past thread you showed off a jmck gorge with dcc clips for your Glock 26. Was that 19 length and did you have the extra tuck on it?

Thanks
    Jason
    Not @GAP but I have a 19 sized "George" for my G26 that is excellent...no extra tuck...but I have a Mastermind wedge on it and PTD loops.

But as far as size goes, the 19 works great for me. Mine is an older "George" so I had to use the heat gun for a few seconds to accommodate the Gen5. I bought it when I still only had the Gen2.5 G26.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Thanks
    Jason
    I like to use either a G19 JM Custom George with pull loops and a horizontal foam wedge or a Tenicor velo with dcc clips.

I preferred the 3rd generation of the velo over the newer one, but it only came in G17 length so I dremeled it down to about G19 length.

Either works, but I think the Gen 3 velo is much flatter.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I like to use either a G19 JM Custom George with pull loops and a horizontal foam wedge or a Tenicor velo with dcc clips.

I preferred the 3rd generation of the velo over the newer one, but it only came in G17 length so I dremeled it down to about G19 length.

Either works, but I think the Gen 3 velo is much flatter.
    I had the Velo 4 but recently sold it on the exchange here to another member who wanted one.

It was just too finicky in terms of placement both in regard to the clip / belt interface, and positioning relative to the hip... and for me needed more length. The construction itself was excellent and I was sorry it didn't work out better for me, personally.

Gentlemen thanks for the information. I’ve been using a jmck awib with extra tuck Glock 17 length or a velo 4 Glock 26 length (the back side is 19 length and the front is cut up a little to be 26 length). It just depends on which I find more comfortable. I get a little too much rotation on the velo 4 which pushes the rear corner and sight out more than I care for. I’ve used both for a Glock 17,19, and 26.

Jason

Site Supporter
    Yet another reason the 26 is better for my uses than at 43X. Holster (and magazine) compatibility with the bigger 9mm Glocks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Yet another reason the 26 is better for my uses than at 43X. Holster (and magazine) compatibility with the bigger 9mm Glocks.
    Same here. All my holsters are either 17 or 34 length so I can easily swap from the 26 to a 17.

Site Supporter
    The 19 length holsters are the sweet spot for me. 17 length is too long for my comfort. The same DSG Orion carries and effectively conceals the 26/19/45.

Gentlemen thanks for the information. I’ve been using a jmck awib with extra tuck Glock 17 length or a velo 4 Glock 26 length (the back side is 19 length and the front is cut up a little to be 26 length). It just depends on which I find more comfortable. I get a little too much rotation on the velo 4 which pushes the rear corner and sight out more than I care for. I’ve used both for a Glock 17,19, and 26.

Jason
    FWIW, as I mentioned above, the G19 sized "George" works great for me with the G26, especially with the Mastermind wedge I have on it. (It's the wedge that was formerly available, red in color, and larger (thicker) than standard size.) The extra thickness of the wedge allows the slide to tuck firmly into the torso without the corner rotating into view.

Hides the gun very well, not as finicky on placement like the G19 sized Tenicor Velo 4 was on my frame, and allows a shirt to drape over it well to aid concealment.

It's now the only G19 sized holster I still own...(sold one and gifted another), all the rest I currently own are G17 sized to be used with G26, 19 or G17.

The G17 sized DSG "Orion" is the other best option for my G26.

User Tag List