Page 69 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

I copied GAP with the exception of an all black rear sight.

Sight Reply Thanks!

Thanks to you fellow members who replied to my sight question - great info and much appreciated!!

@GAP tape is on the amazon delivery truck for today. I won't be putting it on my Gen5 G26 since I just put the Talon Grip on...but I'm sure I'll be scurrying around looking for places to apply it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    It feels kinda nice on shotgun fore ends.

Site Supporter
    I can almost hear Betty White in the background proclaiming, “ I put that s*#t on everything!”

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I can almost hear Betty White in the background proclaiming, “ I put that s*#t on everything!”
    My dog is getting nervous...

@GAP and @Jason M

Tape just arrived and as mentioned, I won't be using it on the Gen5 at the moment as I have the Talon Grip on it, but how is this tape working out for AIWB?

Are you wearing a rash guard shirt underneath? I imagine it's fairly aggressive against bare skin, otherwise.

3M Traction Tape

Sidenote:

When I had 1911s with no front strap checkering, I used to use the 3M 1" wide traction tape on the 1911s' front straps; rather than sending a 1911 out for front strap checkering (and refinishing if necessary).

I liked the feel of the 3M tape as much or more than my 1911s which came with checkering.

I've cut back on how many 1911s I own and no longer have those ones (down to just three 1911s now.

Ok, enough with my thread-drift and back to the G26Gen5.

I'd like to see how a G26Gen5MOS works out and if/when it gets released in the USA, hopefully any/all bugs will have been worked out.
    I'd also like to see an in-depth review of what DHS is getting for a G26, but I suppose it's moot if it is never released to anybody else anyway.
    For now, my older-school G26gen3 is working fine (probably carry my G19gen5 or G17gen5 just as much).
    Last edited by L-2; 01-18-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @GAP and @Jason M

Tape just arrived and as mentioned, I won't be using it on the Gen5 at the moment as I have the Talon Grip on it, but how is this tape working out for AIWB?

Are you wearing a rash guard shirt underneath? I imagine it's fairly aggressive against bare skin, otherwise.
    I wear a basic t-shirt under a long sleeve shirt, but nothing under a short sleeve shirt. I haven’t noticed any discomfort on bare skin.

It probably helps that the tape doesn’t cover the entire grip, so the contact is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I wear a basic t-shirt under a long sleeve shirt, but nothing under a short sleeve shirt. I haven’t noticed any discomfort on bare skin.

It probably helps that the tape doesn’t cover the entire grip, so the contact is minimal.
    Thanks, G. Good to know.

User Tag List