Page 77 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post

I just received the extractor for my Glock from LoneWolf. Just waiting for the gun. It is a forged SS part rather than MIM of the OEM from Glock.
    You couldn’t pay me to run a lonewolf (the Dollar General of glock parts) on anything in a glock I was planning to use for self defense. As many many others have stated the best way to make a glock not work is to add non glock parts to it. Hint: a lot of us say it because we learned it through personal experience and don’t want people to make the same mistakes we did.

Also, I don’t remembered if someone has mentioned this to you or not, but be aware that repeatedly detail stripping a plastic gun that uses plastic on plastic and plastic on steel interfaces will wear it out far far faster than shooting 10,000 rds of ammo. Out of a properly cleaned and lubed pistol. They’re designed to be shot, not repeatedly disassembled and reassembled.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

You mean if the leaf spring breaks, it can break part of the frame?
    I have never seen that happen.

Thanks guys, keep talking, I am not doing anything, just keep listening. I detail my plans, but nothing is in motion.

Hey, it's better to talk than to rush and do thing. Talk can do no harm.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Those leaf springs can break off a little under flush with the frame and Glock throws the frame away and sends you a new one if you send it to them to fix...

Glad I’m not the only one that’s been told that. I thought I was taking crazy pills.

One thing, How can you guys shoot 50,000 or 60,000 rounds in a single gun? I was in the range Sat and Sun the whole after noon for like 4 years, I doubt I shot 10,000 to 15,000 absolute max rounds total with all my guns. Mostly I shot 22LR because it's cheap at $99cent per 50. At that, I broke my Ruger Mark II and I just repaired it.

I don't think I'll even put enough rounds through my Glock 26 to worry about the slide stop spring.

BTW, Even if you reload, it's a lot of money shooting 60,000 9mm rounds per gun!!! How do you shoot 60,000 rounds??!! Back in the days, the range didn't allow us to speed shoot, it's 25 yds, you can't speed shoot.

One thing, How can you guys shoot 50,000 or 60,000 rounds in a single gun? I was in the range Sat and Sun the whole after noon for like 4 years, I doubt I shot 10,000 to 15,000 absolute max rounds total with all my guns. Mostly I shot 22LR because it's cheap at $99cent per 50. At that, I broke my Ruger Mark II and I just repaired it.

I don't think I'll even put enough rounds through my Glock 26 to worry about the slide stop spring.

BTW, Even if you reload, it's a lot of money shooting 60,000 9mm rounds per gun!!! How do you shoot 60,000 rounds??!! Back in the days, the range didn't allow us to speed shoot, it's 25 yds, you can't speed shoot.
    The people with very high round counts are most likely either competition shooters or instructors. I have two Glock 26 handguns that I rotate for USPSA. So far, I average about 20K rounds per year spread between them. The replacements I've done were:
    • 2 extractors (blew them out due to double charged rounds)
    • 2 magazine releases (again due to the double charged rounds)
    • 1 recoil spring (routine maintenance)

I would feel comfortable putting at least 15K rounds through a G26.5 before the urge to replace parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock26 View Post
    The people with very high round counts are most likely either competition shooters or instructors. I have two Glock 26 handguns that I rotate for USPSA. So far, I average about 20K rounds per year spread between them. The replacements I've done were:
    • 2 extractors (blew them out due to double charged rounds)
    • 2 magazine releases (again due to the double charged rounds)
    • 1 recoil spring (routine maintenance)

I would feel comfortable putting at least 15K rounds through a G26.5 before the urge to replace parts.
    You replaced the extractor with the Glock MIM extractor or some forged after market ones like Lonewolf?

I’d recommend doing a lot more reading here, and less posting. And check out the origin of this forum here with various 50,000 round tests of the late founder Todd Green http://pistol-training.com/archives/222

You replaced the extractor with the Glock MIM extractor or some forged after market ones like Lonewolf?
    Everything stays stock Glock for me.

You mean if the leaf spring breaks, it can break part of the frame?

It doesn’t break the frame, there’s just no way to get the piece out without damaging the frame.

Happened to a friend of mine’s G33.

User Tag List