Page 156 of 189 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

I just bought an EPS and am thinking of having Maple Leaf direct mill a G5 26 for it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just bought an EPS and am thinking of having Maple Leaf direct mill a G5 26 for it.
    Just sent a gen 5 26 slide to them to be milled for a rmr. Eps was a close second, really cool optix

I'm having a hard time deciding what iron sights to stick on the 26.5 slide I sent off to JagerWerks for an RMR cut (irons rear, FWIW)... I've been happy with the GL-429's on a couple of MOS guns using FCD plates, but I suspect they might be a bit too high for a direct mill slide. JagerWerks says they mill to a depth of .125", but I've not been able to find how deep the FCD plate sits the RMR on MOS guns to compare. I could measure, but to do it right would require taking the optics off one of the guns, which I'd rather not do.

The Dawson sights JagerWerks lists for "lower 1/3rd" with their cuts show a .300" front and a .305" rear, which seems off for some reason to me. Ameriglo doesn't appear to offer sights in those specific heights, if I'm reading their charts right.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I'm having a hard time deciding what iron sights to stick on the 26.5 slide I sent off to JagerWerks for an RMR cut (irons rear, FWIW)... I've been happy with the GL-429's on a couple of MOS guns using FCD plates, but I suspect they might be a bit too high for a direct mill slide. JagerWerks says they mill to a depth of .125", but I've not been able to find how deep the FCD plate sits the RMR on MOS guns to compare. I could measure, but to do it right would require taking the optics off one of the guns, which I'd rather not do.

The Dawson sights JagerWerks lists for "lower 1/3rd" with their cuts show a .300" front and a .305" rear, which seems off for some reason to me. Ameriglo doesn't appear to offer sights in those specific heights, if I'm reading their charts right.
    I really like these for a direct milled dot.

https://chpws.com/product/buis-for-g...milled-slides/

They also have plain black for less money.

I really like these for a direct milled dot.

https://chpws.com/product/buis-for-g...milled-slides/

They also have plain black for less money.
    That is actually one of the options I was looking at, probably in plain black, but I've been waffling about trying a front tritium sight. They look suspiciously like Night Fusion brand sights. I like the angled rear corners, vs something square like the Dawsons (even if rounded). I do wish the rear was serrated, but the non-serrated Ameriglos have not been a problem for me.

If I order a set from these guys, it'll finally give me an excuse to order one or two of the plastic Speed Feed plugs, now that their prices on those have come down out of the clouds. hmmmmm....

ETA: I just realized the plain black, and fiber optic versions are a slightly different style, rounded edges, but also serrated. double hmmmmmm... I wonder if my MGW sight pusher would have issues with that round rear corner (its the common angled glock sight type).

https://chpws.com/product/buis-for-r...nd-black-rear/
    Last edited by WDR; 12-03-2022 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    That is actually one of the options I was looking at, probably in plain black, but I've been waffling about trying a front tritium sight. They look suspiciously like Night Fusion brand sights. I like the angled rear corners, vs something square like the Dawsons (even if rounded). I do wish the rear was serrated, but the non-serrated Ameriglos have not been a problem for me.

If I order a set from these guys, it'll finally give me an excuse to order one or two of the plastic Speed Feed plugs, now that their prices on those have come down out of the clouds. hmmmmm....

ETA: I just realized the plain black, and fiber optic versions are a slightly different style, rounded edges, but also serrated. double hmmmmmm... I wonder if my MGW sight pusher would have issues with that round rear corner (its the common angled glock sight type).

https://chpws.com/product/buis-for-r...nd-black-rear/
    The rear is night fission, nicely rounded with a set screw. The rear on the all black set is a different maker, and not as rounded. Since my rear is in front of the optic, I used a hammer and punch.

The rear is night fission, nicely rounded with a set screw. The rear on the all black set is a different maker, and not as rounded. Since my rear is in front of the optic, I used a hammer and punch.
    I may give the fiber set a whirl. I can try red or green fiber, and if I hate it, find some solid black fiber to stick in there. I'll sleep on it, I think. I have not even purchased an RMR yet (waffling on another 3.25, or try the 6.5 dot)... And I'm sure I'll have a few weeks to wait before I get the slide back.

Anything better than that fresh application of grip tape?

Name:  27914019-DDDA-4451-B357-CE6E8360620B.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  53.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post

Name:  27914019-DDDA-4451-B357-CE6E8360620B.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  53.4 KB

How about a new holster in the mail? Ohboyohboyohboyohboy...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I sooo grok that. Stuff's like hot sauce...I put that shit on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    How about a new holster in the mail? Ohboyohboyohboyohboy...
    I've got shipping notifications for a JM kydex & a Sparks leather in the last 2 days, I'm clocking every vehicle that even might have a package in it for me!

User Tag List