Page 68 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Not at all. I’ve never even handled GAP plates, but I believe there are subtle differences.
    I may check out the Geeplates. Come to think of it. I bet the ones I had for my 43 were
    geeplates. The GAP pinch my pinkie in the “gap” under recoil.

Huh, until this thread made me look it up, I thought the GeePlate was just a rebranding of the GAP. I've got a GAP and like how they feel in the hand, especially during rapid fire strings, but they actually hamper my drawstoke as my pinky has to fight to get around the nub to curl underneath. But again, I've got weird, simian paws and my fingers actually angle slightly upward as they wrap around a pistol grip, look how the tip of my middle finger rides somewhat atop the mag release. I absolutely have to grind the sharp corners off all my Glocks' mag buttons.

19.4 w/med beavertail
    Name:  Grip Angle.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  40.9 KB

26.5 nekkid
    Name:  Thumb1.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  45.2 KB

Well, I got the Talon Grip today in the mail, didn't f##k it up and actually got it installed without a single curse word leaving my mouth.

Absolutely love the feel.

(I'm keeping that tape that @GAP and @Jason M recommend in my "to buy later" at amazon as well in case I'm inspired to play with my other Glocks.)

Good stuff. I'm only sorry I never tried it before now.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Actually, ended up ordering the grip tape last night...to have on hand so I can sleep better at night knowing it's near...you know, just in case.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Actually, ended up ordering the grip tape last night...to have on hand so I can sleep better at night knowing it's near...you know, just in case.
    Better to have it and not need it, etc.

Sights...

What sights are you folks running that meet your desirable POA/POI?

I’m very interested in a pair of Heine Slant Pro’s or Heine Ledge’s. All of the advertised Heine Glock Sights measure .215 front and .250 rear. Any one using Heine’s??

Or the Ameriglo Hackathorns?

Once I can get my hands on it I’d be looking for HST or Gold dots as the primary carry ammo. Until than it will be plain old NATO ball.

Picked one of these up and need to shake it out. Was not in love w/ the 43x and moved it along.

Thanks in advance.

Site Supporter
    All of my Gen 2.5/3 G26 guns have Heinie ledge sights. Black rear/trit dot up front. They are smack dab "tip of front sight" POA/POI. The Ameriglo "bold" sights that came with my Gen 5 are a more of a "drive the dot" sight picture. I hate them but haven't got around to putting Heinies on it yet. FWIW, I have Heinie's on Gen 5 19 and 45. They are POA/POI like my earlier G26s.

Ameriglo Hacks here. Bisecting the target hold.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Finally remembered to order it! I will post my experience later.

Quote Originally Posted by KneeShot View Post
    What sights are you folks running that meet your desirable POA/POI?

I’m very interested in a pair of Heine Slant Pro’s or Heine Ledge’s. All of the advertised Heine Glock Sights measure .215 front and .250 rear. Any one using Heine’s??

Or the Ameriglo Hackathorns?

Once I can get my hands on it I’d be looking for HST or Gold dots as the primary carry ammo. Until than it will be plain old NATO ball.

Picked one of these up and need to shake it out. Was not in love w/ the 43x and moved it along.

Thanks in advance.
    Drive the dot - 25 yard zero
    .180 height/.125 width Ameriglo proglo orange
    .256 height/.150 notch Ameriglo operator rear

User Tag List