Page 151 of 189 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    I have shot 147 Winchester Ranger,147 FMJFN, 135 +P Hornady, and now have 125+P Hornady "Critical Duty" in the GEN5 26 beside me. 124, 115 ball, etc., with no problems.
    I can't specifically speak to the 147 Gold Dot, but I'd be very surprised if there was an issue.
    In my around 25 years of running a 26-gens 3, 4 and 5 I honestly cannot recall a stoppage. YMMV, of course.
    The only stoppage I've had with the Gen 5 was with an apparently defective OEM 12 round magazine. I haven't gotten around to sending it back for replacement.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have quite a bit of gold dot 147gr on hand. Will that work fine out of the shorter g26 magazine?
    IIRC expansion of the 147gr Gold Dot from the G26 is on the edge of "iffy" zone. It does a bit better from slightly longer guns. I'm fairly certain it'll function the gun just fine though. I carry RA9T in mine, but I wouldn't feel terrible if all I had was 147 Gold Dot.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    IIRC expansion of the 147gr Gold Dot from the G26 is on the edge of "iffy" zone. It does a bit better from slightly longer guns. I'm fairly certain it'll function the gun just fine though. I carry RA9T in mine, but I wouldn't feel terrible if all I had was 147 Gold Dot.
    That's what I remembered. Just didn't recall everyone's opinion on what was the best round

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    That's what I remembered. Just didn't recall everyone's opinion on what was the best round
    FWIW, the 147gr Gold Dot load is on DocGKR's list, and generally speaking, those loads work well in almost all reasonable barrel lengths you'd be likely to see in LE use (including the Glock 26).

I'm just a layman and a bit of a ballistics/terminal ballistics nerd, and going by memory. My recollection of the 147gr Gold Dot from short barrels is that it doesn't get as large of expansion as say HST, and penetrates a little deeper (13-14 inches). IIRC bare gel wasn't much of an issue, but the 4 layer denim or heavy clothing tests seemed to give that bullet a harder time, with less expansion and deeper penetration. I seem to remember the occasional failure to expand. Overall, even from longer barrels, the 147gr Gold Dot bullet doesn't expand as well, nor as much as the 124/124 +P version.

If that is all you have on hand, I'd load up, and carry it without worrying, assuming you burn a box or two to check function first.

I have been carrying RA9T for a long time, mostly because I like heavy for caliber loads, and got into a bunch of it very cheap years ago ($10/50rd way back when). If I was shopping today, I'd be on the prowl for 124gr +P Gold Dot, 124gr +P HST, or 147gr HST. It's really splitting hairs though. Pick a load, make sure it runs, buy a case... move on with life.

147gr HST since day one with my multiple Gen 4 and Gen 5 Glock 26’s. Zero stoppages over the course of >2K rounds using 10 round OEM mags.

Keep these reports coming guys as I do not want this thread to die...

My 26.5 slide is currently at Maple Leaf being cut for a 509T. Can’t wait to get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found out today from a reliable source that Glock has seven G26 MOS’s in the US (my source has one of the seven). Glock has shelved plans to offer the G26 MOS in the US as they feel it would be redundant because of the 43X MOS.

About to send my 26 to maple leaf for a rmr cut. With the 12 round magazine it has made me miss my 365xls less. Very handy to be able to scale down to a 10 round mag for npe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Found out today from a reliable source that Glock has seven G26 MOS’s in the US (my source has one of the seven). Glock has shelved plans to offer the G26 MOS in the US as they feel it would be redundant because of the 43X MOS.
    Who is doing the thinking at Glock?
    --Jason--

User Tag List