Page 19 of 189 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

I know this is about the gen5 26 but was wondering if any of you guys have compared the gen4 26 against the gen5 26? I realize the barrel is really the only difference and I was curious if the marksman barrel is that much better in this little guy? I am ready to get one if I can find a blue label around me and it may be one of these I have the gen4 and not the gen 5 version in stock. Just thinking if I should hold out for the gen5 and order it or go ahead and just get the gen 4 gun if that is all I can find. I had a gen4 and sold it so thinking the newer gen5 is worth another try. Thanks and keep the info and longevity report coming GAP, I love hearing about guys guns they are testing over time...

Site Supporter
    The barrel is not the only improvement. The Gen 5 triggers are better. Also, the newer Gen 5 guns with the FCS should have the additional breach face cut which improves extraction and ensures full contact with the ejector. While I have not looked inside one of the new Gen 5 26's all of the other Gen 5 guns with FCS have this breach face cut. These improvements, IMHO, make the newer Gen 5 pistols superior to the previous generations.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    The barrel is not the only improvement. The Gen 5 triggers are better. Also, the newer Gen 5 guns with the FCS should have the additional breach face cut which improves extraction and ensures full contact with the ejector. While I have not looked inside one of the new Gen 5 26's all of the other Gen 5 guns with FCS have this breach face cut. These improvements, IMHO, make the newer Gen 5 pistols superior to the previous generations.
    FCS? Forward Slide Serrations?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    I know this is about the gen5 26 but was wondering if any of you guys have compared the gen4 26 against the gen5 26? I realize the barrel is really the only difference and I was curious if the marksman barrel is that much better in this little guy? I am ready to get one if I can find a blue label around me and it may be one of these I have the gen4 and not the gen 5 version in stock. Just thinking if I should hold out for the gen5 and order it or go ahead and just get the gen 4 gun if that is all I can find. I had a gen4 and sold it so thinking the newer gen5 is worth another try. Thanks and keep the info and longevity report coming GAP, I love hearing about guys guns they are testing over time...
    Yes, I’ve primarily shot G26 Gen 4 and Gen 5 for the past several years. The Gen 5 is noticeably better to me, but I have the experience shooting many thousands of rounds through them to see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Neither of mine have FCS but I agree with the other advantages you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    FCS? Forward Slide Serrations?
    Front cocking serrations

I have a very early 26, was issued a Gen4 26, and bought a Gen5G26. Of the three, I carry the Gen5 several times during a month.
    Qualities: “marksman” barrel(and I can tell a difference-accuracy better). Gen5 finish; I think the best of the metal finishes on slide and barrel. Looks a little nicer, if a polymer pistol can look nicer. Trigger is a definite plus, but the Gen5 trigger is a new design(since G42/43). Proven as far as I’m concerned(I’m carrying it).GLOCK BOLD sights(orange front)on mine, and I recommend. It’s subjective, but no finger grooves “feels” better to me, and I shoot a bit better with it(100% on back up Qual). I added the extended slide stop and like it; MMV.
    GLOCK double column mags fit and function. Reload is a 17 or 19 mag. Installed an extended ambi slide stop which I like.
    In a few years, it will be a retirement carry piece. I’ve shot it a couple of thousand rounds, practice and local IDPA competition-no issues. Fits Alessi ankle holster. Belt carry is usually a Safariland GLS
    I won’t get rid of the early edition-it will go to a daughter, and the Gen5 stays with me.

Site Supporter
    FWIW, I don't use the FCS for anything. They were only mentioned to provide a quick visual identifier for the guns which now feature the new breach face cut.

I feel old, looking through this thread. My 26 hasn’t been graded to a newer generation, since they still really came in Tupperware.

I still have all my tupperware cases...and was there for the incident that made Glock change over from the tupperware cases when an agent placed a loaded Glock back over the post and shot himself through the back of his gov't vehicle. (Fortunately just missing the femoral artery.)

Ah, memories...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I still have all my tupperware cases...and was there for the incident that made Glock change over from the tupperware cases when an agent placed a loaded Glock back over the post and shot himself through the back of his gov't vehicle. (Fortunately just missing the femoral artery.)

Ah, memories...
    Damn.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Ah, memories...

Yep. The big warning sticker in this one doesn’t stick any more, but it was pretty clear, they didn’t want you putting loaded pistols back in the case.

User Tag List