Page 73 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I had that from time to time with the G26.3 - the pad of my ring finger would get pinched by the magazine baseplate in the gap between it and the side of the frame, especially when shooting with a +2 baseplate. I mostly stopped using the 12rd magazines, and later added the Hogue G26 sleeve which added girth and very slightly lowers my thumb knuckle so I don’t get slide rail tracks with a hasty grip. Added benefit is my ring finger now never gets pinched by the baseplate.
    I am hoping the added girth of the medium beavertail backstrap will be enough to reduce the pinch. I think this is crazy as I bought a Gen 4 in hopes of having a smaller gun. Then again Ive done the smaller and smaller thing and realized there is a point where smaller isnt better.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
    I actually read and watched videos that gen 3 is better than the newer gen. They even have a video changing the ejector of a gen 4 to gen 3 ejector.
    I’ve owned several 26.3 great guns no doubt. However, the improvements of the 26.5 make it better for me. The most important being the breechface cut and newest ejector which results in consistent shell ejection. Every 1-4 Gen Glock ejected like a sprinkler left, right, straight up, etc.

Never heard of anyone changing a Gen-4 to a Gen-3 ejector. I have heard of people putting the Gen-4 and 5 ejectors in the Gen-3. Nothing wrong with the Gen-3 but the Gen-5 had improvements that take it up a notch.

I just started using the large beavertail backstrap recently and like it a lot. In addition, I installed Ameriglo Trooper night sights with an orange front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcowboyscr View Post
    I’ve owned several 26.3 great guns no doubt. However, the improvements of the 26.5 make it better for me. The most important being the breechface cut and newest ejector which results in consistent shell ejection. Every 1-4 Gen Glock ejected like a sprinkler left, right, straight up, etc.

Never heard of anyone changing a Gen-4 to a Gen-3 ejector. I have heard of people putting the Gen-4 and 5 ejectors in the Gen-3. Nothing wrong with the Gen-3 but the Gen-5 had improvements that take it up a notch.

I just started using the large beavertail backstrap recently and like it a lot. In addition, I installed Ameriglo Trooper night sights with an orange front sight.
    Yeh, I was trying to find the youtube I saw, I couldn't find it and found a lot the other way around changing out the gen3 to gen 4 or 5.

Remember, I was away for 30 years, I am literally a newby regarding all the new guns that are before my days. First Glock barely came out when I walked away from guns. Colt was still big at the time and Gold Cup was highly regarded( which I was really questioning after buying one). Now I don't even hear the name anymore.

Site Supporter
    Found it! I bought it a long time ago at Target. I've used it a few times on stainless knife handles to provide grip. Now to try it on my 26.
    Name:  20210124_191201.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  57.5 KB
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Found it! I bought it a long time ago at Target. I've used it a few times on stainless knife handles to provide grip. Now to try it on my 26.
    I have similar and have used it to good effect, though it seems to wear off faster than normal grip tape, such as the granulate from talon, for instance.

It does work well and provides good traction though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Wrap it around like I have it and hit it with a hair dryer a few times. It stays in place really well and is tacky; costs about 20 cents to replace.

Why are some of the Gen-5 pistols not as smooth to remove/replace the slide when field stripping/reassembling the pistol? I’ve noticed this on my 26.5 and now installed a SCD and it feels like something is catching when I put the slide back on.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Wrap it around like I have it and hit it with a hair dryer a few times. It stays in place really well and is tacky; costs about 20 cents to replace.
    Good to know. Thank you. Based on how much I have used over the decades I think I still have 4.5 yards left of tape.
    --Jason--

Just a heads up in ordering a holster for new 26 owners. One complaint about my holster that might help some one else. I carry OWB at 3:30. It came just as ordered, but is a little top heavy. I should have ordered another 19/45 holster to get the added length. I will have to add a wedge to help with concealment. I have a little of the covid 15 going on so keep the comments nice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Just a heads up in ordering a holster for new 26 owners. One complaint about my holster that might help some one else. I carry OWB at 3:30. It came just as ordered, but is a little top heavy. I should have ordered another 19/45 holster to get the added length. I will have to add a wedge to help with concealment. I have a little of the covid 15 going on so keep the comments nice.
    COVID 20 going here. Gotta up those numbers. East some ice cream, hoser!

User Tag List