Page 113 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1862

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

RMRcc with slide milling by BattleWerx:

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

That's a nice looking setup. Very balanced in appearance!

For the longest time, my duty back-up was a S&W 5 shot, 2 inch. Duty was a G22 and off duty and occasionally duty back-up was a G27. When I was getting ready to retire in 2015, I realized I was going to have to start buying my own ammo......9mm was cheaper than 40 S&W, so I transitioned to 9mm. Naturally I had to get a G26.4.........which I ended up selling to a friend.

Guns like the P365, M&P Shield (and Plus), Hellcat came along and I stopped carrying Glocks. Well about a week ago I got a G26.5 and suddenly what was old is new again. For me, the G26 shoots like a full sized gun, when compared to the micro compacts. The 26.5 has been Glock reliable and a lot of fun to shoot. It also remains easy to carry.....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Can anyone share their experiences with the G26 and slide mounted optics?
    Name:  20200206_002316.jpg
Views: 1860
Size:  90.4 KB

Mine's at about 1000 flawless rounds other than a handful of failures to feed that were due to some of my hand loads being a tad too long. Those rounds fed fine in my G19s, though. This is an early gen 5 from when the 19s and 17s had the half moon cutout. Optic milling, front serrations, and nitride refinish were by Maple Leaf Firearms. RMR is a type 2 with 6.5 dot, Ameriglo suppressor height sights.

I bought that jamming 26 from the female and had the Glock guy look at it. He didn’t see anything wrong with it but replaced the extractor and recoil spring.

I’ve put a couple hundred more rounds through it and it’s running fine as far as I can tell.

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Well after 10 weeks my 26.5 is back from Jagerwerks. Rmr cut and melonite are both exceptional. Had them put the 10-8 sights on it and was prepared to let it give the G19 a run for its money…except of course that during the 10 weeks it was gone I have completely committed to making the G19 my one and only carry gun. Now what to do with the little gem?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CHNEAL View Post
    Well after 10 weeks my 26.5 is back from Jagerwerks. Rmr cut and melonite are both exceptional. Had them put the 10-8 sights on it and was prepared to let it give the G19 a run for its money…except of course that during the 10 weeks it was gone I have completely committed to making the G19 my one and only carry gun. Now what to do with the little gem?
    The beauty of double stack Glocks is that while you may gain or loose a little performance switching between models, it’s not that much and everything from holsters to mags to mag-carriers to fire control parts work between all four sizes.

Keep the 26 as another spare and as a gun for when you want some extra concealment or comfort. I would personally rather have two 19’s and a 26 than three 19’s. It’s close enough to a 19 to not violate the “always changes guns and doesn’t get good” rule for me.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Solid advice from Caba. If you re-purposed it's RMR to your G19.5 trainer, just snag a cover plate for now.

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The beauty of double stack Glocks is that while you may gain or loose a little performance switching between models, it’s not that much and everything from holsters to mags to mag-carriers to fire control parts work between all four sizes.

Keep the 26 as another spare and as a gun for when you want some extra concealment or comfort. I would personally rather have two 19’s and a 26 than three 19’s. It’s close enough to a 19 to not violate the “always changes guns and doesn’t get good” rule for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    Solid advice from Caba. If you re-purposed it's RMR to your G19.5 trainer, just snag a cover plate for now.
    Solid advice from you both thank you.

My muzzle has been removed. It’s here.
    Glock’s New England LE sales rep’s sample G26 G5 MOS
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jandbj; 10-21-2021 at 07:48 PM.

User Tag List