Page 187 of 189 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

I’ve been shooting my 26.5 exclusively this year and just bought a second. A few things that have come up.

My gun likes .180” tall front and .256” tall rear for a drive the dot sight picture. Most of ameriglo rears for the standard size Glocks are .276”, but the slimline sights are still available in .256” and fit the slide just fine.

My sample is MUCH more accurate with 124 and 115 grain bullets than 147. It’s not a POI issue, but the groups are way tighter with Speer lawman 115 and 124 +p gold dot vs American Eagle 147 or 147 HST. If you’re buying a large amount of ammo at once I’d go 124 grain based on my experience.

My first 26.5 is going back to Glock. Both of mine have the breech face cut, but the one I’ve been shooting has lost extractor tension on the case. Not sure what the issue is but I bought it new so I’m just sending it back for Glock to fix rather than troubleshooting on my own.

Site Supporter
    I started carrying my G26.5 MOS/SCS in September. I spent the last week rereading all 187 pages of this thread(the first post was by GAP on 07-17-2018). I read it over the years as it has grown but I forgot all the useful information.

This will be my daily carry and I'll avoid all the new guns for a gun that turns 30 years old next year. I do want to get the trigger guard undercut, and I still need replacement sights, but it works "as is" if I do my part.

Those with more experience and knowledge please keep posting updates and information. It helps, a lot.
    --Jason--

I've been seriously considering bringing my gen 3 g26 out of retirement (probably for the 20th time now as it still hasn't happened). I normally carry a G19 or a G43 and I want an inbetweener. I'm contemplating getting a G48 but for some reason the standard size glock platform give me the warm fuzzies because of reliability. HOWEVER, I want a slightly longer g26 because my draw times are considerably slower than compared to a G19 length or Glock 43 with tango down extension. The second problem is this would be my strong side suit carry gun and grip length matters the most here.

So the question....Is there any mag, pinky extension, plus+1, plus+2 that is smaller than the OEM +2 that still will help me get all fingers on thee grip to help with draw speed??????? The OEM+2 looks to give the same length (at that most important front point of the baseplate for strong side carry) as a G19 so why bother - I could be wrong though? The Magpul 12 round looks intriguing but glock pmags have been historically unreliable. Not sure what to do.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 04-05-2024 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I've been seriously considering bringing my gen 3 g26 out of retirement (probably for the 20th time now as it still hasn't happened). I normally carry a G19 or a G43 and I want an inbetweener. I'm contemplating getting a G48 but for some reason the standard size glock platform give me the warm fuzzies because of reliability. HOWEVER, I want a slightly longer g26 because my draw times are considerably slower than compared to a G19 length or Glock 43 with tango down extension. The second problem is this would be my strong side suit carry gun and grip length matters the most here.

So the question....Is there any mag, pinky extension, plus+1, plus+2 that is smaller than the OEM +2 that still will help me get all fingers on thee grip to help with draw speed??????? The OEM+2 looks to give the same length (at that most important front point of the baseplate for strong side carry) as a G19 so why bother - I could be wrong though? The Magpul 12 round looks intriguing but glock pmags have been historically unreliable. Not sure what to do.
    When I had my 26.5 I used the factory +2 mags and they helped a lot for my large-xl hands. If you look, you can find gen 5 mags with the +2 already installed for reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post

As one who has just begun to experiment with the +2 mags they are pretty cool. Pretty much like a 26 will shoot bigger than it should. The mag extensions seem to add grip but for some reason don’t print as much as a 19 would. Think of it as a bobtail commander in 1911.

Site Supporter
    The 12 round Magpul G26 mags work fine in generations 2.5 and 3.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I like them in my 26.4
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Never had a failure in my Gen 2.5 with the Magpuls as Jason says. I have five of them.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I also like the Henning +2 mag extension. They are slightly smaller than the factory +2, have a little texture on the front, and are secure. I have used one on my G5 26 MOS with zero issues.
    Polite Professional

I like the Glock OEM +2 extension and the Pearce +0 extension. The front of the grip approaches G19 size but the back barely extends (+2) or remains G26 size (+0) so it has almost no effect on concealment as the front is down by your belt anyway and back is where your shirt drapes.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List