Page 57 of 187 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Regulating for 147 and/or a 'drive the dot' hold is as good a guess as any...
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Glock messed up and installed the wrong sights on some of the Gen 5 pistols but not all.
    These are Ameriglos?

Not paying attention to further specifics, it sounds like they were using up leftover sights from the FBI contract.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    These are Ameriglos?

Not paying attention to further specifics, it sounds like they were using up leftover sights from the FBI contract.
    I think the M pistols have the Agent sights with a rear U notch, and Glock OEM are the BOLD with a straight rear notch.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have found even with the Gen 4 G26 I needed a .180 height front to “drive the dot” with 147gr HST.

My rear sights are all Ameriglo Operator rears.

The same setup works well on my Gen 5’s.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I have found even with the Gen 4 G26 I needed a .180 height front to “drive the dot” with 147gr HST.

My rear sights are all Ameriglo Operator rears.

The same setup works well on my Gen 5’s.
    BOLD with .180 front works on most Gen 4 and 5 pistols for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I get the best results with the .180 fronts on my Gen 5s...

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    I get the best results with the .180 fronts on my Gen 5s...
    Seems like a popular choice. I wonder what the reason is for the disparity from OEM? Why did they opt for higher?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Taller? The plastic OEM ones I’ve taken off were all .160 if I remember correctly...

Taller? The plastic OEM ones I’ve taken off were all .160 if I remember correctly...
    Taller. Better choice of words.

I thought the Gen 5's were coming with .200...perhaps I'm mixing it up. I never measured mine...just accepted the BOLD's as received.

10-4, when I was trying to get mine sorted I ordered both .180 & .200 to see what worked better as the ones that were on there were .160 and hitting like a bullseye hold. The .200 was low for my liking hitting behind the tritium and the .180 put it right rear the top of the blade but still fairly close enough for a drive the dot hold in a pinch. I don’t have a 26 thought, all my testing was with my 17, 19 & 45s...

I also got to mess around with one of our Team guys G26 last week...Gen 5 flair on the mag well, front serrations and 11 round magazines...seems way better than the regular version. If the rumors pan out that we’ll be able to order them off the contract I’ll snag one, it’d be the perfect blaster for flying with.
    Last edited by TCB; 07-01-2020 at 05:20 PM.

10-4, when I was trying to get mine sorted I ordered both .180 & .200 to see what worked better as the ones that were on there were .160 and hitting like a bullseye hold. The .200 was low for my liking hitting behind the tritium and the .180 put it right rear the top of the blade but still fairly close enough for a drive the dot hold in a pinch. I don’t have a 26 thought, all my testing was with my 17, 19 & 45s...

I also got to mess around with one of our Team guys G26 last week...Gen 5 flair on the mag well, front serrations and 11 round magazines...seems way better than the regular version. If the rumors pan out that we’ll be able to order them off the contract I’ll snag one, it’d be the perfect blaster for flying with.
    Thanks @TCB. I have Trijicon HDs on my other (Gen2.5) G26, Gen2 G19 and Gen4 G17, so these are the only Ameriglos I've owned. With the limited shooting I've done thus far, I can work with whatever the height of this front sight happens to be...though I'm sure if I were willing to spend the time and money, I'd be able to refine that over time.

I just pulled out my digital caliper, and it looks like the front sight installed by the dealer is .180 He didn't send the original packaging along with the gun when he installed them for me, and I never bothered to check.

(I had asked for a Blue Label gun with them already installed, but he had none available which also had the breech face cut. So he put a set on for me before shipping to my neighbor who is my FFL.)

I prefer the same sight picture as you...top of the sights or drive the dot. I'm comfortable with either. Don't like a bullseye hold.

User Tag List