Page 136 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Since I figured out that my 26 reliability issues were ammo and not gun related I’ve put about 5K rounds through a pair of Gen5 26s with zero issues.

Much softer shooting than a 43, easier reloads with a 17 round mag, much more reliable with full power ammo. Not much more printing as the outline is the same size, just a little thicker.

I actually went back to irons from an RMR on the 26 solely because the slide was difficult to manipulate with the optic taking up so much room.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Since I figured out that my 26 reliability issues were ammo and not gun related I’ve put about 5K rounds through a pair of Gen5 26s with zero issues.

Much softer shooting than a 43, easier reloads with a 17 round mag, much more reliable with full power ammo. Not much more printing as the outline is the same size, just a little thicker.

I actually went back to irons from an RMR on the 26 solely because the slide was difficult to manipulate with the optic taking up so much room.
    Two thoughts:

I really dig the Maple Leaf slide treatment, as it gives great forward purchase to manipulate the slide with. Have a 26 there now for that and a slide cut. Also, I wouldn’t hesitate to grab the RMR to help manipulate the slide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If I have another slide milled I’m gonna do Jagerwerks enhanced serrations like I did on my 17s.

The serrations and their nitride finish make a grippy slide.

If I have another slide milled I’m gonna do Jagerwerks enhanced serrations like I did on my 17s.

The serrations and their nitride finish make a grippy slide.
    The Jagerwerks enhanced serrations work well, but they really increase the amount of slide bite that I get. I wish they had an option to smooth out the very bottom that would/does contact my hand.

Edit: Also, their wait times are ridiculous right now and that would probably force me to go to Maple Leaf also. Doesn't hurt that Maple Leaf is local so I could just drive the slide over there.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    The Jagerwerks enhanced serrations work well, but they really increase the amount of slide bite that I get. I wish they had an option to smooth out the very bottom that would/does contact my hand.

Edit: Also, their wait times are ridiculous right now and that would probably force me to go to Maple Leaf also. Doesn't hurt that Maple Leaf is local so I could just drive the slide over there.
    Jagerwerks had some real issues last year and I don’t know if they were ever straightened out. Staffing, CS, wait times, no communication, etc.

Maple Leaf has done 5 or 6 for me now. They recently did a 43 slide for me in a week.

Anyone do much comparison of shooting with flat baseplates vs extended ones?

I have been comparing lately and consistently shoot more accurately with the flat bases. I curl my pinky under the baseplate and it locks the pistol in my hand just like a SAA. One handed shooting shows more difference than two handed.

Anyone do much comparison of shooting with flat baseplates vs extended ones?

I have been comparing lately and consistently shoot more accurately with the flat bases. I curl my pinky under the baseplate and it locks the pistol in my hand just like a SAA. One handed shooting shows more difference than two handed.
    I hate to admit I find the same. I don’t know if it’s familiarity or what. I want the gap plates to be the ticket but for some reason I don’t seem to shoot them as well. I honestly need to try a timer rather than feel and slow fire accuracy.

I was carrying the +2's for several months, (again), recently. I've gone back to the OEM 10 rounders...for a variety of reasons.

I shoot it just as well, I have more confidence vs. the +2's in terms of reliability, and more confidence in both keeping the gun hidden, as well as retention in a scrum.

I'll carry a 15 round spare mag, but I just feel better with the 10. Plus, I practice with my G26 blue gun daily, and it's a flat bottom, so that's what my hand is used to. (And I carried only OEM mags on and off duty with the G26 for about 7 years before retiring, so there's that metric as well.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I thought the +2s would be an advantage for a better grip on the draw, and for shooting but I never had issues with the flat bases.

I feel like the training wheels are off and I’m really riding now.

I just got one of these a couple weeks ago. Been carrying it and it seems to conceal better than my G19 even with the +2 in it. I figure I’m only loosing 2 rounds over the 19 and it shoots pretty good. With the flat bottom magazine it totally disappears and I’m still only down 4 rounds from the 19…so far digging it.

User Tag List