Page 33 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Curious if anyone here manages to pocket carry the 26? I know some manage to do it but that doesn't mean it works well.
    I do, frequently, especially in the summer with loose-fitting cargo shorts (although in the front, not cargo pocket). An untucked t-shirt covers the outline of the slide rear & backstrap. I've found the G26 comfortable in this spot on multi-day summer road trips.

I also sometimes carry the G26 in the front pocket of "relaxed-fit" Levis, in a waist size 2" larger than actual to accommodate my squatter's ass & thighs. I prefer the G43 in jeans, though.

I'm a 230-pound mammal and don't buy tight pants, so...

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Curious if anyone here manages to pocket carry the 26? I know some manage to do it but that doesn't mean it works well.
    I can carry the P365 in my front pocket and aquire a firing grip and clean draw but the G26 is just larger enough that I have concerns.
    And no, unfortunately I don't have one around to just see for myself.
    I used to several years ago when I still had my G26.3. I had a Kydex pocket holster called a Mach II that I bought based on an article that Mas wrote years ago, I don't think they are in business now. It was pretty heavy in the pocket but it was doable. I often slipped it in my pocked when I would go to walk the dogs.

However, I was 100 lbs heavier and wearing size 42-44 jeans and the pockets and pocket mouths were much bigger than my current 100 lbs lighter size 30-32 jeans. I can just barely pocket carry a G42 in a Aholster.

Aim small, miss small.

Took the carry G26 out today for a workout.

Slow-fire 25 yard group prior to my timed drills, no surprises to note.

Name:  14E4E20D-A061-4E48-BCCB-9D32EFC4A71B.jpg
Views: 1589
Size:  37.5 KB

Name:  3DD366D3-BC13-4FC4-BB0F-F86858C59A78.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  53.0 KB

I randomly came across this article, it may help those who struggle with the two-finger grip.

https://www.tridentconcepts.com/2015...r-firing-grip/

I stayed away from this pistol for years because of that stumpy grip...then last year a buddy let me try it and I couldn't believe how soft shooting and accurate it was. I actually think I shoot it more accurately than the G19. I actually think some of this is due to the way the backstrap "hump" buries right into the palm of my hand.

Last month, after looking for a good used one for over a year, I finally found a LNIB Gen 4 at a good price. Since the first time I fired it, my approach was to ignore the pinky issue and just shoot. I found that I naturally curled my little finger underneath whether shooting one handed or two.

I've been very pleased with it so far and after approx 500 rds, there have been no stoppages or malfunctions. All that's really left to do now is replace the factory sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I stayed away from this pistol for years because of that stumpy grip...then last year a buddy let me try it and I couldn't believe how soft shooting and accurate it was. I actually think I shoot it more accurately than the G19. I actually think some of this is due to the way the backstrap "hump" buries right into the palm of my hand.

Last month, after looking for a good used one for over a year, I finally found a LNIB Gen 4 at a good price. Since the first time I fired it, my approach was to ignore the pinky issue and just shoot. I found that I naturally curled my little finger underneath whether shooting one handed or two.

I've been very pleased with it so far and after approx 500 rds, there have been no stoppages or malfunctions. All that's really left to do now is replace the factory sights.
    I agree with you. I don’t change what I carry based on weather, so all my draws, reloads, and timed drills are with the stubby grip. It’s become my norm and why I don’t notice much of a disadvantage over my beloved 19’s.

10-yard Bill Drill mania on this beautiful day.

Name:  A5EEDF19-03B3-4F2B-B95C-4927BFA01DBB.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  57.4 KB

Fantastic shooting GAP. What sights are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Fantastic shooting GAP. What sights are you using?
    Thanks - I use the Ameriglo Orange ProGlo .180” height/.125” width front, paired with an Ameriglo Operator rear.

I have another non-pro tip that has been working really well for me.

I’ve never found the rubber talon grips to do much and the sandpaper ones are too abrasive to carry. However, I still wanted to find something that helped keep my grip secure when my hands were sweaty.

The 3M Safety Walk tape seems to be a nice in-between the rubber and sandpaper option. I only wanted extra traction on the front. I’ve found that a small 1”x1” square works perfectly for this application. The adhesive is solid and I just applied it with a little heat from a hair dryer.

Name:  C2D87115-C439-4E0D-9027-2DAE3707E91E.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  32.4 KB

User Tag List