Page 26 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Is GSSF pricing hard to get? Haven't had a glock in awhile and for the price of the used ones around here I could join GSSF and buy a new one...Is there a reason people don't do it? Looks like gen5 G26 would be $460 including the membership.
    Most people don’t know about it, plus you need to be a member for a year - with a loophole. If you sign up for two years, you get a cert right away and another in 12 months.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Is GSSF pricing hard to get? Haven't had a glock in awhile and for the price of the used ones around here I could join GSSF and buy a new one...Is there a reason people don't do it? Looks like gen5 G26 would be $460 including the membership.
    A 2 year GSSF Membership + $425 + tax is more than $460.

GSSF membership is $35 and $25 for renewals.

GSSF membership is required of all competitors. Initial annual memberships remain $35, renewals are $25, and lifetime memberships are $350.
    Last edited by O4L; 01-11-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Most people don’t know about it, plus you need to be a member for a year - with a loophole. If you sign up for two years, you get a cert right away and another in 12 months.
    May as well sign up for five (5) years for $85 if I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://gssfonline.com/pdf/forms/Join_renew.pdf
    Here's the GSSF membership form with the various prices/rates.

If you can afford it and plan to buy a Glock each year for 3 years, I think the $350 lifetime rate would pay for itself in 3 years.

I love the size of the 26 for a little owb gun. But no luck with 26s. Ever.

Brand new 26.5 with front serrations.

Dribbled brass all over me, FTeject, bolt override. Death grip to rule out limp wrist, ejected to left, front, straight back.

Ammo is AE 124 from a lot # that runs all my other guns perfectly.

I'd get rid of that thing and never look back.

Just picked up a lightly used Gen 4 for myself. Looking forward to a range trip to test it out soon.

For Post_256,

I'm sorry to hear a brand new G26Gen5 isn't working out for the owner.
    While I'm wondering what the problem is, I also understand it'd be frustrating to go through various debugging exercises.
    It'd also be a pain to contact Glock to see if they'd pay for return shipping with the problem Glock.

If it was me, and depending on my mood at the time, I might consider another brand & model whether it's HK, Springfield-Armory, or Smith & Wesson. I think those three brands all have 9mm polymer guns similar in size to a G26. Prior to going with another brand, I'd totally detail-strip that G26gen5 in hopes of finding some faulty part (having been a Glock Armorer for several years; and realize not everyone could/should do that).

One's time, patience, temperament, mood, money, all come into play when dealing with a problematic gun. I look forward to reading about the outcome.

For me, I've owned two G26gen3 and one G26gen4 (possible crack in frame may have been developing, so sold it off). I'm down to just one G26gen3. I considered the G26gen5, but after getting the G19gen5 and G17gen5, I didn't feel and see enough difference to replace my G26gen3 as I did with my earlier gen G19 and G17 guns.
    Last edited by L-2; 01-17-2020 at 09:34 PM.

I het along great with 17s and 34s, and even 43s, but have never had a good experience with a 19 or 26.

This one acted exactly like the last Gen4 19 I ran in a three day class back in 2016. 1200 rounds fired and 1200 cases bounced off of my face or some other part of my body.

I literally threw that gun in the trash when I got home and it's in the landfill somewhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I het along great with 17s and 34s, and even 43s, but have never had a good experience with a 19 or 26.

This one acted exactly like the last Gen4 19 I ran in a three day class back in 2016. 1200 rounds fired and 1200 cases bounced off of my face or some other part of my body.

I literally threw that gun in the trash when I got home and it's in the landfill somewhere now.
    You must have a dark cloud that just follows you around. I seriously only run cheap Russian steel through my main training gun and clean it maybe once every 3-4 range trips. I’ve never had one of those rounds hang up or dribble out of the gun...

I’d give it another chance.

Wanted to ask, did that failure happen while using a flush 10 round Glock OEM mag?
    Last edited by GAP; 01-18-2020 at 02:49 PM.

User Tag List