Page 118 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post

BTW, anyone know why I cannot upload a jpeg under the "manage attachments" button when I post something. I do it and it spins for a few seconds but nothing uploads. Shows I have plenty of space to add pics too so that's not it. I know this is a question for another forum but thought I would ask and someone could get with me on a PM. Thanks for any help.
    There's a thread about it. Mine's been broke for a while, I need to check and see if there is a fix I can do.
    --Jason--

BTW, do any of you know what the exact sight sizes are on the glock factory bold ameriglo night sights you can get straight from factory? Just curious how they differ from the combo that GAP has discovered that works for him. Thanks..

BTW, do any of you know what the exact sight sizes are on the glock factory bold ameriglo night sights you can get straight from factory? Just curious how they differ from the combo that GAP has discovered that works for him. Thanks..
    We've flogged this horse on other threads: Glock has been shipping the Gen 5 guns with inexplicably tall front sights that hit quite low with 124 +P. We accused some of our rookies, with guns fresh from the box, of anticipating recoil and pulling their shots low -- until I noticed the height of their fronts...

I grilled several of their LE reps, and no one knew why; there is nothing functionally different about the Gen 5s that require a taller front. Perhaps the mothership decided that everyone wants to 'drive the dot' with 147.

I've installed dozens of Ameriglo sets on Gen 5s by now, and the same .165 front/.256 rear combo as the earlier generations will hit POA with 124 +P. If I were primarily shooting 147, I might try a .180 front and see where that prints. (Duty ammo is 124 +P, so I haven't done much experimenting with 147.)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    We've flogged this horse on other threads: Glock has been shipping the Gen 5 guns with inexplicably tall front sights that hit quite low with 124 +P. We accused some of our rookies, with guns fresh from the box, of anticipating recoil and pulling their shots low -- until I noticed the height of their fronts...

I grilled several of their LE reps, and no one knew why; there is nothing functionally different about the Gen 5s that require a taller front. Perhaps the mothership decided that everyone wants to 'drive the dot' with 147.

I've installed dozens of Ameriglo sets on Gen 5s by now, and the same .165 front/.256 rear combo as the earlier generations will hit POA with 124 +P. If I were primarily shooting 147, I might try a .180 front and see where that prints. (Duty ammo is 124 +P, so I haven't done much experimenting with 147.)
    That's really interesting. With all of my tightest shooting Gen 3, 4 or 5 pistols with shorter front posts, I've needed a .245 tall front post to get the POI down close to the POA.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thanks for the info, sorry I am not the best at trying the "search" functions on the forums.

Do you know if Glock puts the same size Bold night sights on their smaller 43/43x guns as they do the standard size guns like the 17/19/26 etc guns like we discussed above?

My dept issues the 147 HST standard velocity so I am trying to see if anyone has tried/tested any of the Ameriglo sights yet on the 43x guns? I have a 26 for backup and also carry a 43x sometimes off duty. Thought I would ask while we were on the subject. thanks for any help on this and also keep up the great info on the 26 gen5 guys. Sorry for getting off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    That's really interesting. With all of my tightest shooting Gen 3, 4 or 5 pistols with shorter front posts, I've needed a .245 tall front post to get the POI down close to the POA.
    Did you mean a .245 rear with the short front post? Do you shoot 147? (I've seen from your pics posted here that you're more than good enough a shooter to see the difference in POI with 147!)

Thanks for the info, sorry I am not the best at trying the "search" functions on the forums.

Do you know if Glock puts the same size Bold night sights on their smaller 43/43x guns as they do the standard size guns like the 17/19/26 etc guns like we discussed above?

My dept issues the 147 HST standard velocity so I am trying to see if anyone has tried/tested any of the Ameriglo sights yet on the 43x guns? I have a 26 for backup and also carry a 43x sometimes off duty. Thought I would ask while we were on the subject. thanks for any help on this and also keep up the great info on the 26 gen5 guys. Sorry for getting off topic.
    I've been using Ameriglo's "Spartan" set on all of my carry Glocks since it was a custom combo, before getting its homoerotic name. I first shot them on a Glock rep's gun 10 years ago during a class, and replaced all my old Trijicon white-outline sights immediately...

The Spartan for the 42/43/43X/48 has a .165 front and .248 rear. These are dead on with .380 from the G42 (which came first); I have always found them to print just a little low with the faster 9mm loads -- 3/4" or so low at 15 yards. Nothing I can't live with. I suspect they'd be right on with 147, so for your needs I'd go with those.

This discussion prompted me to browse Ameriglo's site again. I see they now have another rear option for the 'slimline' Glocks: their part number GL-895R, .256 high. I think I want this.. It also has a slightly wider notch than the rear on the Spartan -- .165 vs. .160. That too is good news, because I do better with a wide notch. I like a bit of light around my front post.

Did you mean a .245 rear with the short front post? Do you shoot 147? (I've seen from your pics posted here that you're more than good enough a shooter to see the difference in POI with 147!)
    Well, I have probably only shot 500 rounds of 147 in the last 50K rounds So there' that. But typically it was installing a standard set of Trij HD's with like a .215 front post and then needing the .245 front to lower the POI down closer to POA. This only manifested on the TIGHT barrel to slide Glocks which are the only ones I keep as they shoot the tightest.

But its 115 and 124 for boolits.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Well, I have probably only shot 500 rounds of 147 in the last 50K rounds So there' that. But typically it was installing a standard set of Trij HD's with like a .215 front post and then needing the .245 front to lower the POI down closer to POA. This only manifested on the TIGHT barrel to slide Glocks which are the only ones I keep as they shoot the tightest.

But its 115 and 124 for boolits.
    Ohh, that makes sense -- the HDs have a very tall rear. I flirted with them on a couple of guns, but quickly went back to Ameriglo. I didn't care for the round notch at distance; it messed with my lizard brain.

I’ve got all my Glocks setup with the same Ameriglo’s that I’ve recommended for years.

Carry ammo with G26 is Federal 147gr HST and G19 gets 124gr +p Speer Gold Dot.

Sight picture is drive the dot with a 25 yard zero. I experimented with different heights and rear sight widths. This combo provides speed and good accuracy with optimal light (IMO) between the front and rear sights. My belief is that the .180” width rears are too wide for the kind of accuracy I expect at 25+ yards.

GL-146R | Green Tritium, blacked out rear .256 height .150 notch

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-146r

GL-212T-180-ORC | Green Tritium Orange Outline FRONT .180 H .125 W

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-212t-180-orc

User Tag List