Page 83 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I second this. Especially wanting to see Glock 26s w/ Jagerworks low mounted 509T.
    Maybe, not?

I’ve shot plenty of red dot pistols, just not on a a subcompact gun. The other side of my brain says to resist the urge to add more crap on that creates another bulge to conceal.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Maybe, not?

I’ve shot plenty of red dot pistols, just not on a a subcompact gun. The other side of my brain says to resist the urge to add more crap on that creates another bulge to conceal.
    I know what you mean. Glock 19 pushes the concealment envelope for me so my thinking is a 26 red dot might be about equal and I’ll have to play with the claw leverage till I get it right. My other 26 will stay iron sights in case this doesn’t work out.

There is a G5 26 with a Mayhem Comp and low mounted 509T in my (wife’s) future.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I know what you mean. Glock 19 pushes the concealment envelope for me so my thinking is a 26 red dot might be about equal and I’ll have to play with the claw leverage till I get it right. My other 26 will stay iron sights in case this doesn’t work out.
    I’d carry a 19 if I could get away with it. I have broad shoulders/chest but a narrow waist that makes it look like a 2x4 under my shirt if I move in certain angles wearing clothes that fit appropriately for a professional setting.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There is a G5 26 with a Mayhem Comp and low mounted 509T in my (wife’s) future.
    Sounds awesome; do you dislike the type 2 RMRs? I shot a 507K on a 43X for a little bit and thought it was a nice option for the slim slide. I just didn’t like the actual firearm enough to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I’d carry a 19 if I could get away with it. I have broad shoulders/chest but a narrow waist that makes it look like a 2x4 under my shirt if I move in certain angles wearing clothes that fit appropriately for a professional setting.

Sounds awesome; do you dislike the type 2 RMRs? I shot a 507K on a 43X for a little bit and thought it was a nice option for the slim slide. I just didn’t like the actual firearm enough to switch.
    If you can handle the proprietary footprint, I find the 509T to be a much more attractive optic. With a similar overall external size as the RMR, it has a larger display, multiple reticle choices, a clearer display, and of course it is a sealed emitter with a sideloading battery.

Bill Drill day — the secret to shooting short grips well; shoot a 642 well.

#NotActuallyaTaurus

Name:  55C1194E-C5B3-4583-989C-BFEE07C8449E.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  65.8 KB

If you can handle the proprietary footprint, I find the 509T to be a much more attractive optic. With a similar overall external size as the RMR, it has a larger display, multiple reticle choices, a clearer display, and of course it is a sealed emitter with a sideloading battery.
    How does the window size of the 509T compares to the 507C? The platform will be a direct milled Gen 3 G26.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    How does the window size of the 509T compares to the 507C? The platform will be a direct milled Gen 3 G26.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I am traveling without ready access to a 507C to compare, but the 509T display is an improvement over the RMR and Acro.

Quote Originally Posted by professor View Post
    I am traveling without ready access to a 507C to compare, but the 509T display is an improvement over the RMR and Acro.
    Thanks guys. That 509T seems pretty impressive.

User Tag List