Page 174 of 189 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I do find the hump helpful with the 2 finger grip.
    Me too. I like the Glock hump. The small hump on the 43 helps too.

Site Supporter
    Sunday stubby Sunday

Name:  26.5 geeplate.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  101.9 KB
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

I like it.

Coming around to the “only one gun choice”…

@TC215-that is a neat setup! Well done, sir, and I’m tempted to go your route. I do have a bias towards enclosed emitters, but your piece is sleek.
    I am impressed with the amount of posting over the G26. When I carry mine, it’s almost always with a “+” baseplate for 12 rounds. I admit to some compromise using an original Alessi Ankle holster-RIP, Lou. But the possibility of using it as a belt gun is always there.
    My current favorite is a Gen5 with BOLD sights: orange front night sights. I’ve modded it with vetted Tango Down mag catch, extended slide plate and slide stop. It has the nicest 5th gen trigger I’ve felt, and I consider myself fortunate.
    A note to @2501: I had an Armorer refresher course the other day. In the photo you posted the trigger pin seems a little “proud”, I.e.,not quite centered. Just a friendly observation on another nice setup…

In the world of micro/sub compact 9mm - Is there are general consensus on ranking order of shootability? I only have a G43 and G26 and they are miles apart in terms of recoil (at least for me). I am also not sure if a G26 is too far from my G19 in terms of actual carry and concealment considerations. I still need to figure out if short and fat (g26) is better for concealment than thin and longer. Up for consideration is the Shield plus, Glock 43x, Glock 48, or maybe a P365 variation (I can't keep up with them).

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    My current favorite is a Gen5 with BOLD sights: orange front night sights.
    I have the orange Bolds on my Gen 5. But if I'm honest, I prefer the sight picture with the orange Trijicon HDs. (Even if they do punch holes in my tees.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smile 26 first for me-then the 43

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    In the world of micro/sub compact 9mm - Is there are general consensus on ranking order of shootability? I only have a G43 and G26 and they are miles apart in terms of recoil (at least for me). I am also not sure if a G26 is too far from my G19 in terms of actual carry and concealment considerations. I still need to figure out if short and fat (g26) is better for concealment than thin and longer. Up for consideration is the Shield plus, Glock 43x, Glock 48, or maybe a P365 variation (I can't keep up with them).
    I can’t speak to the other manufacturers, only having a few mags through the Smith and Sig, but the 26 is first for me out of the Glocks you listed. I shoot the larger frame easier and better. I have 43XMOS w/aHolosun EPS Carry that would be next, but I find myself carrying it only occasionally. Not from dislike or distrust-I shot 498/500 at a GSSF event out to 25 yards, and it hasn’t failed.
    The 26 also takes all other mags, parts interchange and are available. I can connect with them all out to 50 yards, just easier for ME with the 26. YMMV…
    And @blues : gentlemen can prefer different single malts, why not sights?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have the orange Bolds on my Gen 5. But if I'm honest, I prefer the sight picture with the orange Trijicon HDs. (Even if they do punch holes in my tees.)
    I have one with the bolds. Still hate them but learning to make them work. Have HDs with the narrow front sight blade on the back up. Like them more. Still prefer the Heinies to them all.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    For me, the G26 is close enough to the G19 that its ease of concealment wins for me. It is just very shootable! The 26. at first is slower to grab. With practice it is close enough to the 19 that its size wins the concealability contest. The ability to scale up with a +2 is a bonus. The fact that it takes full size mags seals the deal. The 43x is dead to me. The 43 retains a spot as a belt mounted NPE gun. The J frame holds the pocket carry role.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    And @blues : gentlemen can prefer different single malts, why not sights?
    They say that gentlemen prefer blondes, which is probably why I married a brunette.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List