Page 163 of 189 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Capacity is regulated under state law. LEOSA only ensures the ability to legally carry in all of the 50 states, while otherwise subject to the rules of the state.

And it also allows for any federally legal handgun ammunition to be carried. So states like NJ which prohibited hollow point ammo cannot prohibit such carry by those who are LEOSA qualified.
    “Liked,” for agreement, not because I like the legal situation. I had hoped that the LEOSA could be tweaked, to allow normal-capacity mags to be carried nation-wide, but, in this area of “police reform,” I think that all things LEOSA should best lay low, for now.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Well, on March 2th, I finally did it; adding a Gen5 G26. I was at the local enablers, to pick up a pre-MIM-era 3” Ruger SP101 revolver, after an on-line buy, and decided to kill two birds with one 4473, so, asked to handle a Gen5 G26. I requested the OK to dry-stroke the trigger. NICE! MUCh cleaner trigger than my G19x and Gen5 G17, which had given me an unfavorable opinion of the Gen5 trigger. This Gen5 G26 redeems Glock Gen5 triggers, in my mind.

Serial # is AHGSxxx.

So, each generation of G26 is increasingly better for me, ergonomically. The Gen5 seems particularly suited, for my individual, personal hands, for a thumb-locked-down hold, revolver-shooter-style, which is my default way to shoot one-handed. With the two-finger hold, made necessary by the G26-length grip, the Gen5 seems to be the best yet, for me, by a noticeable margin.

The way things are going, locally, I may well be shooting at a large feral/loose dog, one-handed, at or near contact distance, while my other hand is holding my dogs’ leash(es). I value a handgun, that is a one-hand-gun, rather than a handSgun, in such a scenario.

Twenty years ago, I would have never thought that I would be praising Glocks’ ergonomics.

These are my early impressions, based upon “dry” handling. No range session, yet. Not a “review.”

The Phlster Enigma has played a significant role in my resumption of interest in carrying “baby” Glocks.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Whats the recoil assembly replacement rate for gen 5 g26s?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Whats the recoil assembly replacement rate for gen 5 g26s?
    Do you mean round count before its time to replace? I'd hazard a guess its the same as other Gen5 guns, BUT, it wouldn't shock me if its lifespan is shorter, given its short length. I believe the G26 RSA is unchanged over all the generations.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Do you mean round count before its time to replace? I'd hazard a guess its the same as other Gen5 guns, BUT, it wouldn't shock me if its lifespan is shorter, given its short length. I believe the G26 RSA is unchanged over all the generations.
    Yes. So 5k?

Yes. So 5k?
    I believe that is the recommendation for gen 5 9mms... yes. I'm not an armorer though, so don't quote me on that.

5,000 rounds is # generally stated-but there’s also a field check…

Yes. So 5k?
    The 5,000 round replacement number for the dual spring Glocks is usually the stated number. There is also a “field check” where an UNLOADED Glock is oriented muzzle up past 45 degrees. The slide is then cycled slowly, and released at the last half inch or so. It should lock up into battery; if not, replace rsa. This assumes a relatively clean, lubed piece. In the Advanced class a few months ago, it was noted that the G30 has a heavy slide and may not lock up.
    YMMV. Obviously, if a spring is damaged that’s a sign. Malfunctioning would be another one.

Heard yesterday that the G26 MOS was coming. This should confirm.

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?i...GLUA265S201MOS

Also found the UPC code for a silver slide 26.5. I assume this was done at the factory for Davidson’s.

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/...&zipcode=89123

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Heard yesterday that the G26 MOS was coming. This should confirm.

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?i...GLUA265S201MOS
    A bit late for me. Last word was "not going to happen for the commercial market" ... I figured we'd see them eventually. But a RDS'd G26.5 is really nice... I like mine, even if I had to send the slide off to be milled.

User Tag List