Page 139 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

@SAEMP3 the G27 is the only handgun I’ve ever fired that I actually hated. I’m not generally averse to recoil. For example, when I owned a Ruger LCR in .357 magnum, I actually enjoyed shooting .357s through it even though it kicked pretty damn hard. The recoil from a G27 was physically painful to me and my hand was left tingling afterwards like it had just been asleep. I really can’t think of a reason of own a G27 other than your primary gun being a G22 or G23 and you’re concerned with being able to reload a backup gun with mags from your primary. The G26 is the right choice between the two models. Get some extra 10 round flush fitting mags, maybe a couple of Pearce pinky extension baseplates if you find yourself wanting a full three-finger grip, and a set of decent sights and you’ll be good to go. The Gen3 isn’t as cool and sexy as the Gen5 but it’s an extremely well vetted and reliable gun. It will serve you well.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The Gen3 isn’t as cool and sexy as the Gen5 but it’s an extremely well vetted and reliable gun. It will serve you well.

I dunno. I think my Gen2.5 is just as sexy as my Gen5. (And it feeds Magpul 12's like nobody's business.)

Name:  baby glock.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  Glocks.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  52.4 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    @SAEMP3 there is no need to second guess yourself even though we all do it. In that small of pistol the 9mm 26 walks all over the .40cal 27 in terms of shoot ability, especially if you consider possibly needing shoot one handed. I think you’re going to be quite happy with your purchase after you shoot it some.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I dunno. I think my Gen2.5 is just as sexy as my Gen5. (And it feeds Magpul 12's like nobody's business.)

Name:  baby glock.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  Glocks.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  52.4 KB
    It’ll do the job as well as any Gen5 G26. I haven’t had luck with the Magpul Glock mags in any of my Gen5 guns I’ve tried them with so I stick with OEM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

@SAEMP3:
    I’ve had and shot G26s since the late 1990s. Early generations are just fine. Yes, the 5th generation 26s have some improvements, but I wouldn’t hesitate to carry my first G26.
    FWIW, I would put the Bold sights (orange highlighted front and tritium tubes front and rear). Then I’d find a load, zero and get on witlife.
    I have Hornady 125 Critical Duty +P in mine right now. I haven’t heard of any quality round from 115s to 147s causing issues.
    The 10 rounders mean for me my pinky is off the frame-so what? I believe just about any defensive situation could be handled by a competent individual with a G26-any generation.
    Best of luck to you, and I hope the LA DA is removed from office, for a start…

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    It’ll do the job as well as any Gen5 G26. I haven’t had luck with the Magpul Glock mags in any of my Gen5 guns I’ve tried them with so I stick with OEM.
    I've never even tried a Magpul magazine in the Gen5. I let the experiences of others keep me from experimenting and going down that road.

The Gen2.5, however, never had an issue. Not with any of the five Magpul 12 round magazines I own. I trust them enough for carry in that gun.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

For what it’s worth I have a couple hundred rounds through a gen 5 G26 and the Magpul 12 rounders with no issues. I still mostly use the glock 10 or 12 round magazines. I’d like to find a couple of the 11 rd magazines to play with.

Jason

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SAEMP3 View Post
    do any G-26 owners regret not going with a G-27?

I'd greatly appreciate replies from shooters with actual experience firing both models.
    Go with the G26 for sure. I’ve carried, and shot many thousands of rounds through, both 26 and 27, including some high round count classes and practice sessions. The 27 is harsh, but manageable for me (and I don’t like to shoot even .38 +p through an Airweight J frame). I shot 500 rounds in an hour through a 27 a week ago, and it’s a lot more comfortable to do that with a 26. Given that you aren’t giving up much of anything in terms of bullet performance, it’s best to take advantage of the softer shooting, more durable, higher capacity 9mm.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    You’re GTG. The Gen 3 26, as a rule, is extremely reliable and accurate. 9mm is the chambering you want. If the only gun I owned was a Gen 3 26 (I’ve had 2 or 3 Gen2.5-3 G26s over the years, along with about every other 9mm Glock) then, I’d still be in decent shape. Buy the Gen 3 26, a bunch of flush fit spare mags, and a pile of practice ammo. Keep on trucking. JMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Your opinion is seconded.
    Thirded.

My 26.3 has well over 3500 rounds through it, does all things a 9mm carry gun needs to do, and is my go-to for anything that isn't a pocket or ankle carry gun.

I see no need for anything bigger or heavier for a regular carry pistol.

I've shot enough different .40 S&W pistols to know that I don't want to shoot one this size/weight, at least not very many times.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    @SAEMP3 -

Fellow Californian here for the time being. I have managed to acquire several Gen5 Glocks. Being a lefty, they are easier for me to run. However, because of the cost and the difficulty replacing them, I have all Gen3's on my CCW (almost through the process). My Gen3 26 has been flawless with 1000's for rounds down the pipe. I would vet it, but you should be good to go.

I completely agree with all your points and think it is ridiculous how they treat former LEO's in this state. I have about five years left until retirement and then I am out. I hope to get some relief before then from the recent SCOTUS ruling.

User Tag List