Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189
Results 1,881 to 1,882 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I lucked out and found a 26.5 for a reasonable price in CA and I will be able to pick it up on the 19th. One nice thing about living in CA is that it takes about three years for Off Roster guns to become readily available. This means the most of the bugs have been worked out. I am very excited to give this a go.

When the 26 was first introduced I was working in a gun store. A good customer of mine, who also worked for Customs in the LA Harbor showed me his that he was able to obtain before they were released to the general public. I was in awe as there weren't any real compact 9mms back then. We had the Firestar, the compact Beretta 92 (which was not really that compact), some Smith models and that was about it. We were a Glock Master Dealer so I immediately called our rep and put in an order. He was a bit mystified how I knew about the gun before its release, but shipped us a few out of the first batch. I have not been without a 26 or 27 since then.

I am excited to give this one a good wringing out.
    When it was first introduced, we bought ours through the local cop shop, "Lou's Gun Shop" in Hialeah back in 1995/1996. Previously we had gone directly through Glock for our Gen 2 G19s. (We were issued both the 19 and 26 by Uncle at various points in the 90's.)

The 26 is the only firearm I've ever bought two of. A Gen 2.5 and a Gen 5. (Didn't want to be without one if one went down and I had to go on a road trip.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Name:  20240412_083209.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  50.0 KB

Getting recharged on my day off. This combo has so far been incredibly shootable. Not much reason for me to carry anything else when it gives up nothing to it's bigger brothers

Name:  20240411_124135.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  26.2 KB

This 5 shot group I did at 20 yards with S&B 115 grain range fodder. I'm impressed so far.

User Tag List