Page 4 of 187 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you get the same results in different light on different days, you might consider drifting the rear sight a skosh left.
    ROFL!!!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    ROFL!!!
    Right? I am a perfectionist though, so of course I will mess with it until it’s as close to perfect as possible.

I want to try more 147gr HST’s too; the +P Gold Dots seem to give me better consistency though.

I took the Gen 5 back out on Sunday and had similar results as my first experience.

Both the 124 +p Gold Dots and 147gr HST’s work well. I would choose one or the other based on your preferred hold or availability/price. The 147gr HST’s tend to impact a little higher at 25 yards (than the +p Gold Dots) and have slightly less recoil. I tend to gravitate towards the lower recoil option for subcompacts and airweight j-frames, so I’ll be using the HST’s.

I may try to clean a Dot Torture at 10 yards the next time out, in addition to several 25 yard groups with the 147gr HST’s. So far we are 700 rounds through without a single hiccup (as expected).

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    The 147gr HST’s tend to impact a little higher at 25 yards (than the +p Gold Dots) and have slightly less recoil. I tend to gravitate towards the lower recoil option for subcompacts and airweight j-frames, so I’ll be using the HST’s.
    I can confirm this and I made the same choice. The GD recoil is sharper and more flippy whereas HST is like a push, and softer. Less (like none in the daytime) muzzle flash with the 147 HST too whereas there's fire with the 124+P GD.

Is there a huge difference in concealability and shootability between the 43 and gen 5 26?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Is there a huge difference in concealability and shootability between the 43 and gen 5 26?
    I don’t own a G43, so can’t comment on concealability.

I have shot a few boxes through a rental G43, and I own a G26.5 which is my primary EDC.

Unsurprisingly to me, I found the G43 grip size and texture to be problematic. The gun felt very slippery in my hand. I felt it was difficult to shoot.

My G26 feels much bigger (duh) and much more like my G19.5. I found the 26 easy to shoot accurately, especially with the Factory +2 extension. I carry it in an RCS Perun.

I put another 300 rounds through tonight and tried this LAPD SWAT Qualification Course that I came across earlier in the week. I scored 100% both times with my Gen 5, using an 8” Circle and a 3x5 index card.

Name:  DACB2F59-64EC-49F6-AEB7-D3EA630A25A1.jpg
Views: 2771
Size:  44.4 KB

I enjoyed the various drills and went much faster than the allotted time for each drill.

I shot a nice 10 round group from 25 yards; but, I felt that one push top right on me. I used 147gr HST and plan to shoot another full box the next time out. I really enjoy trying to push my groups with the 26.

Name:  B383CAEA-3014-4DCA-B8F7-7EC614D582D9.jpg
Views: 2752
Size:  29.6 KB

I may slide the rear a hair to the left, but I want to work through the gun and trigger a little more first.

So far so good, really pleased with the accuracy and trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I find the thinner profile of the 43 to be an easier carry. The 26 is certainly doable, though - it if all I have is an untucked shirt, my 43 gets the nod.

I shoot them pretty much the same, but I’ve always had a thing for skinny single stacks. They both feel good to me and are secure under recoil. I run GeePlates on both.

Anyone else’s experience on the 26.5 up to this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Anyone else’s experience on the 26.5 up to this point?
    Other than I need to shoot mine more, not much new to add.

I did swap over the 0.180" front sight to mine that was on the Glock 19. Should help me find that elusive 1" square on my Find Your Level drill target.

User Tag List