Page 116 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I have something new and pretty exciting to share with those of you who run a G26 with extensions.

Pearce recently released a Gen 5 version of the Pearce grip +0 extension. This is the smallest extension that Pearce offers and previously only fit Gen 3 magazines correctly. When used with Gen 4 or Gen 5 magazines, the grip left a gap between the extension and the frame which routinely pinched.

Original Gen 3 extension (showing gap):
    Attachment 81194

New Gen 5 extension (no gap):
    Attachment 81195

I know many people use the +2 extension, but I do not like the added length or the fact that most rattle when at full capacity. This option provides a full grip with a minimal footprint. I am going to give these a try this weekend to see if I like them enough to add to my carry pistol.

The model number is PG-G526

Attachment 81196
    I got one of those last month. The +0’s have always been my favorite for the 26. I haven’t got to shoot with the new one yet because my slide is getting milled for an RMR, but hopefully I’ll have it back soon.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for that info GAP, I just ordered two to try. I typically get pinched with all extensions and just use the OEM base plates but my fingers are skinny... I can get 1/2 a pinky on the grip with the OEM base plate. This leads to inconsistent presentations, if my fingers were fatter I could just curl the pinky under. If this solves the pinching I'll switch.
    Adam

I used their +0s only until I discovered GeePlates and never looked back.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I keep hoping to start seeing those MOS Gen 5 26's... It'd cost me more than double the price of the gun to get it set up (FCD plate, another Trijicon), and I'd have to rob an SCD from a less frequently carried gun, but I really want to try a RMR'd G26. Maybe even a comped and RMR'd one, since it'd fit (probably) in most of my 19 length holsters.

One of my favorite shops locally has the standard 26.5 for a good price, and its getting harder to pass up every time I go in there. I could have it milled, and I'm unlikely to move away from the RMR, but having the option to swap a plate if something "game changing" comes along in the optics is appealing to me.

Y'all are a bad influence.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I keep hoping to start seeing those MOS Gen 5 26's... It'd cost me more than double the price of the gun to get it set up (FCD plate, another Trijicon), and I'd have to rob an SCD from a less frequently carried gun, but I really want to try a RMR'd G26. Maybe even a comped and RMR'd one, since it'd fit (probably) in most of my 19 length holsters.

One of my favorite shops locally has the standard 26.5 for a good price, and its getting harder to pass up every time I go in there. I could have it milled, and I'm unlikely to move away from the RMR, but having the option to swap a plate if something "game changing" comes along in the optics is appealing to me.

Y'all are a bad influence.
    I’m loving my direct milled (for a RMRcc) 26.5, and I feel the RMRcc is a better fit on the smaller 26. When I mill my 27.5, it will be for a RMR due to the wider slide.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m loving my direct milled (for a RMRcc) 26.5, and I feel the RMRcc is a better fit on the smaller 26. When I mill my 27.5, it will be for a RMR due to the wider slide.
    Are the milled footprints different for the the RMRcc vs standard RMR? I think I would stick with the standard RMR either way. The RMRcc isn't a bad optic at all even with the slightly smaller window, I just figure the width wont matter much to me, considering I'm already using a RMR'd 19 as a daily carry.

I'd probably be money ahead, if I had a plain jane 26 milled, instead of waiting for an MOS, between added MOS cost up front, plus ordering a Forward Controls plate. I have two on on other MOS guns, and "This is the Way" for MOS plates IMHO. I've spent far too much money lately (I spoiled my wife a bit for Christmas, and bought myself a new Spyderco), and I keep talking myself out of it. I've seen a couple 26's in the for sale section here that have been tempting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Are the milled footprints different for the the RMRcc vs standard RMR? I think I would stick with the standard RMR either way. The RMRcc isn't a bad optic at all even with the slightly smaller window, I just figure the width wont matter much to me, considering I'm already using a RMR'd 19 as a daily carry.

I'd probably be money ahead, if I had a plain jane 26 milled, instead of waiting for an MOS, between added MOS cost up front, plus ordering a Forward Controls plate. I have two on on other MOS guns, and "This is the Way" for MOS plates IMHO. I've spent far too much money lately (I spoiled my wife a bit for Christmas, and bought myself a new Spyderco), and I keep talking myself out of it. I've seen a couple 26's in the for sale section here that have been tempting as well.
    They are different. The RMRcc window isn’t much smaller than the RMR, and in my opinion the bottom of the window is more usable because it’s on the same plane as the sight base.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    They are different.
    Thanks for posting that. Food for thought anyway.

I spent some time at the range today with the new Gen 5 extensions and really liked the feel.

No pinching to report since they fit flush with the bottom of the frame.

I’ll likely run them for a bit to see if I like them more than the flat baseplate.

"They are different. The RMRcc window isn’t much smaller than the RMR, and in my opinion the bottom of the window is more usable because it’s on the same plane as the sight base."

I completely agree.

User Tag List