Page 45 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Yeah you just go on talongrips.com and you can select the model and type rubber or granulate. For carry you do not want granulate, it is essentially sandpaper. The rubber is soft and the grip is very thin and shaped to the grip of the gun model.

Also FYI the medium backstrap installed on the Gen 5 gives it the Gen 3 size factory grip. So, if you like that size you might as well stick with it.
    I had read when the Gen5 came out that that was the case.

Oddly enough, I always thought that I would like my Gen2, and Gen 2.5 Glocks to have less blocky grips. Yet the 43 felt squirrelly in my hand, and surprisingly, so did this 26 Gen5. It's hard to explain. It's not that I have a big hand...it's that wrapping my hand around the smaller grip left too much dead space for some reason, regardless of how I squeezed. (My hands are not weak, I work on them, plus deadlift etc.)

I put the medium backstrap on and that was better, so I figured let me see what it felt like if I tried the large. The large went back to throwing off pointing and balance...though it wasn't uncomfortable. So, the medium it is.

I'm working on desensitizing the area by carrying the gun in my hand a lot around the house, (empty of course), and some exercises I learned after my injury specifically tailored toward desensitizing nerve damage in the hand that leaves it somewhat hypersensitive in areas.

Thanks, @GAP.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I use a .180 height x .125 width Ameriglo proglo (orange)
    Here’s the model number if you are interested: GL-212T-180-OR-C

I have it paired with the Operator rear, it’s green tritium and blacked-out rear dots.
    That’s the setup I have on my G26 Gen4. I like it but there are certain things I like better about the Trooper set, such as the serrations on the rear sight and the green front instead of the orange. I could buy the green 0.125 x 0.180” and pair it with the operator rear but I’d lose out on the serrations. Buying the Trooper set is also cheaper than the separate front and rear. I guess I could try the 0.140” x 0.180” Trooper set. It’s been a long time since I’ve tried a 0.140” front on a G26 so maybe it’s not as bad as I remember it.

I remember you posting that you use a drive the dot sight picture with your preferred sight setup. I’m assuming that’s with your 147gr HST. Where does it hit with the 124gr +P Gold Dot you tried?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    That’s the setup I have on my G26 Gen4. I like it but there are certain things I like better about the Trooper set, such as the serrations on the rear sight and the green front instead of the orange. I could buy the green 0.125 x 0.180” and pair it with the operator rear but I’d lose out on the serrations. Buying the Trooper set is also cheaper than the separate front and rear. I guess I could try the 0.140” x 0.180” Trooper set. It’s been a long time since I’ve tried a 0.140” front on a G26 so maybe it’s not as bad as I remember it.

I remember you posting that you use a drive the dot sight picture with your preferred sight setup. I’m assuming that’s with your 147gr HST. Where does it hit with the 124gr +P Gold Dot you tried?
    Hmm I don’t recall since I haven’t shot the 124 +p from my G26s in a while.

I normally go with 147 HST, but my Gen 4 G19s prefer the 124 +p.

I remember trying the .140 width front before buying all .125 fronts a few years back. I thought I lost a lot of precision, especially at 25 yards, but I am sure it can be a different experience for each individual.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Thanks, looked, but didn't see that Brownell's offers the pre-cut slides for Gen 5 Glocks.
    Yep...sorry, looks like it's only Gen 1-4. Maybe in the future they'll include Gen 5's.

I had to qualify yesterday. I shot the following Glocks:

- 19M (duty gun)
    - 43 (duty gun)
    - 19X with RMR (Personally owned, alternate duty gun)
    - new 26.5 (off duty)

It's been a long time since I've owned a 26, and I'd forgotten how good they shoot. I shot it last, and enjoyed it the most. I also shot it a little better than the other guns. I'd planned on putting an RMR on it, but instead I'm going to put some BOLD sights on it and call it a day.

I used the OEM 10-round mag with +0 extension, the OEM 12 round mag, and 19X mags for reloads. No issues to report.

That's great to hear, T...on a variety of levels.

ETA:

I seem to be making quick progress with desensitizing the area around the prior injury to palm / heel of the hand. If things continue at this rate, (knock wood), I should be good to go in no time.
    Last edited by blues; 05-22-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I had to qualify yesterday. I shot the following Glocks:

- 19M (duty gun)
    - 43 (duty gun)
    - 19X with RMR (Personally owned, alternate duty gun)
    - new 26.5 (off duty)

It's been a long time since I've owned a 26, and I'd forgotten how good they shoot. I shot it last, and enjoyed it the most. I also shot it a little better than the other guns. I'd planned on putting an RMR on it, but instead I'm going to put some BOLD sights on it and call it a day.

I used the OEM 10-round mag with +0 extension, the OEM 12 round mag, and 19X mags for reloads. No issues to report.

Can you add SCDs?

How well do you handle the G43 vs G26?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Can you add SCDs?

How well do you handle the G43 vs G26?
    I can (and will) add an SCD to the 26, but not my duty guns. I gave an SCD to our chief firearms instructor at HQ, hoping to get them approved, but haven't heard anything yet.

I don't find the 43 difficult to shoot, but the 26 is much more pleasant. The Talon grips made me like the 43 a lot more than I did originally.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I can (and will) add an SCD to the 26, but not my duty guns. I gave an SCD to our chief firearms instructor at HQ, hoping to get them approved, but haven't heard anything yet.

I don't find the 43 difficult to shoot, but the 26 is much more pleasant. The Talon grips made me like the 43 a lot more than I did originally.

I’m thinking of picking up a G43 for a small nine. I read they are difficult to shoot but then I see a few people really like them.

My duty gun is a P-07, and they unfortunately do not make a small P-07 style gun.

I had, and sold, a G43. To me, it was too small/thin/slick, making it very "squirmy" in recoil.

Part of the problem for me is this - the G43 was much easier to control and shoot than an LCR, but IT'S A GLOCK, so I want it to shoot like my G19 or G26, and when it shoots more like an over-grown LCP, I'm disappointed. Not the pistol's fault, it's just a matter of my unreasonable expectations.

I do wish GLOCK would put the Gen4/5 grip texturing on the Slimline series - I think it would make the pistols light years easier to shoot at speed.

Having said all that, and hating myself for even saying it, the P365 does everything better than the G43, in a package that's even smaller than the GLOCK. If the P365 weren't made by Sig, with all the issues that brings regarding QC of internal components, distaste for the company's ethics, etc, it would be my absolute "go to" for a very small 9mm. At this point, I'm back to just a G19 and G26, and desperately fighting the temptation to get another P365 (which makes the G26 look and feel positively full sized!).

User Tag List