Page 22 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    No problems and honestly can’t tell much difference between a flat or serrated trigger.
    For some years I was shooting 17s and 19s before I learned on the internet that difference existed. LOL
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Two fingers, 25 degrees, first 10 shots from holster... it works if you do your part.

Focused mostly on bill drills and F2S today, I still hate pinky extensions.

(Kind of annoyed by the two 9’s; Merry Christmas!)

Name:  DB390EC1-0FD2-4AC5-945F-00A89AC1B165.jpg
Views: 1244
Size:  51.9 KB

Still fervently wishing for a MOS version of the 26.5...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I am glad I am not the only one that greatly prefers the two finger grip. I am beginning to wonder if that is why I seem to be more accurate with the smaller glocks. I do not like any grip extenders that go on a magazine. A larger grip is fine too, just can't be a grip extension. I either start hitting lower switching to a pinky extended mag at first, or pinch my fingers or induce malfs.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I am glad I am not the only one that greatly prefers the two finger grip. I am beginning to wonder if that is why I seem to be more accurate with the smaller glocks. I do not like any grip extenders that go on a magazine. A larger grip is fine too, just can't be a grip extension. I either start hitting lower switching to a pinky extended mag at first, or pinch my fingers or induce malfs.
    I think the rear hump was designed specifically for the two finger grip. It keeps your wrist locked in a strong, upright angle. The current pinky extensions are designed to follow the same line as the front of the grip. If you put your pinky on them the hump is in the way and forces your grip to point down. I think they could fix it if they were designed like the HK extensions on the P2000SK. The HK extensions extend forward a bit and I think that might keep you from pointing down.

I do not have the same problem with the G19, so I can conclude that it is the larger hump on the G26.

25 yards / 75 round group

Relatively quick tempo, changing mags every 5 rounds using Wolf 115gr steel case.

My Gen 5’s seem to shoot everything well. I’ve gone through ~2200 rounds of steel through it with zero problems.

Name:  BB15602E-192A-4675-ACA9-B5221C8A09AC.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  46.1 KB

GAP, I have always been hesitant to shoot the wolf stuff as I have had issues with the steel cased winchester stuff. Has all of the steel cased stuff you shot been the wolf or have you shot the winchester stuff too? This post makes me rethink this and might snag some wolf to try out. Did not know if the polymer coated steel case wolf would dirty up the gun where it would be hard to clean when it cooled down??

ALSO, do you see any significant difference in accuracy in the 3 gen5 26's that you have? I know some of my glocks have been particular about the same ammo. It has been like some of the same model glocks like a certain round but another model of the same exact glock does not... I have had multiple 19's and experienced this...
    Last edited by Eagle1*; 12-31-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    GAP, I have always been hesitant to shoot the wolf stuff as I have had issues with the steel cased winchester stuff. Has all of the steel cased stuff you shot been the wolf or have you shot the winchester stuff too? This post makes me rethink this and might snag some wolf to try out. Did not know if the polymer coated steel case wolf would dirty up the gun where it would be hard to clean when it cooled down??

ALSO, do you see any significant difference in accuracy in the 3 gen5 26's that you have? I know some of my glocks have been particular about the same ammo. It has been like some of the same model glocks like a certain round but another model of the same exact glock does not... I have had multiple 19's and experienced this...
    Just Wolf which is rebranded Tula or Barnaul. The Barnaul seems to work better in my ARs, but either works fine in my Glocks.

I only shoot brass out of my carry gun and use this one for mostly steel. I only clean it every 3-4 range trips.. everything comes off pretty easily and barrel is clean after some Hoppe’s.

This thread is the only time I’ve wanted a 26.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    This thread is the only time I’ve wanted a 26.
    It just works well in every area. Shoots like a 19, conceals in any type of clothing, and is compatible with all the other holsters, mags, etc.

The biggest hurdle for people to get over is the shorter grip. Honestly, the Pearce PG-26 is okay if it simply won’t work.

Feels good to not chase the unicorn.

User Tag List